Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
post the link
See below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningTdi View Post
LA Times columnist slams city leaders for failing to tackle homeless crisis

'...Steve Lopez, a columnist with the Los Angeles Times and author of book-turned-film “The Soloist,” lambasted city officials for last year spending $600 million to tackle the spread of homeless encampments across the city – only to see the total number of homeless rise 16 percent to around 60,000 people, according to the latest count.

Homelessness jumped 12 percent over the past year across all of Los Angeles County.

“Los Angeles looks as if it’s digging out from a hurricane, with hordes on the streets, tents everywhere and armies of rodents on the march, inciting fears of disease.,” Lopez wrote in his column, which appeared online Saturday night, amid reports of a massive rat infestation at Los Angeles City Hall. ...

The Los Angeles County figures mirror tallies across California...'

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/la-...essness-crisis
Old 06-13-2019, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
See below:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO
You do realize the article he was replying to was posted in the Politics subsection of Fox News, right?
Ok, so you post a link about a problem that we all know exists in California. But where does it say anything about "Republican-Loving Sarasota"?

And please show me where I mentioned his posting about this problem in LA. I was posting that I thought his comment "Republican-Loving Sarasota" was a little too much.....even for pete, which Donnie took the time to correct him about the politics in Sarasota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
FYI - all 5 City Commissioners in Sarasota are democrats.

Since you brought up homelessness in Sarasota and since that was what I worked on in Sarasota before I retired, I’m proud to say that homelessness is down more than 35% over the past 2 years in the City of Sarasota. I approved the purchase of over 40 homes and 3 apartment complexes that are scattered throughout Sarasota County that house mentally ill and developmentally disabled individuals. No one knows that they exist because I was given the authority to purchase them without commission approval of the actual sites. One of the last things I did before retiring was help get an 80 unit apartment building funded that will provide housing for homeless individuals with mental illness on Fruitville Road across from the fairgrounds.

Carry on.
Old 06-13-2019, 11:27 AM

Office of Special Counsel has accused Kellyanne Conway of twice violating the Hatch Act and says she should be fired.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...hatch-n1017241

Last edited by WaiverWire; 06-13-2019 at 11:31 AM.
Old 06-13-2019, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Ok, so you post a link about a problem that we all know exists in California. But where does it say anything about "Republican-Loving Sarasota"?

And please show me where I mentioned his posting about this problem in LA. I was posting that I thought his comment "Republican-Loving Sarasota" was a little too much.....even for pete, which Donnie took the time to correct him about the politics in Sarasota.
Last attempt before I just let pete defend himself since he's better at it than me. The article is in a politics subsection, and a complete attack on a city and it's city council for what they deem as a terrible job dealing with the homeless issue. Pete mentioned Republican-loving Sarasota as an anecdote to the fact that it is not a blue or red issue (despite the article only discussing a blue city). You took that as him insulting the city. It was not. Now maybe it is dem leaning, I don't know. I do know I am CERTAINLY in a very red area of the country, and I also pointed out we have homeless issues in our small town. Again, to back up that this is NOT a blue/red issue, not to attack Republicans. You missed the entire context of the statement. It was not a bash, it was an attempt to point out that homelessness is beyond politics.
Old 06-13-2019, 11:43 AM

WW, if you weren’t so busy looking to find something to complain about, you would see that Pete totally agreed with you (this time).

You said that homelessness wasn’t a left or right issue. He pointed out that there were homeless in liberal San Francisco and conservative Sarasota.

Sounds to me like you said the exact same thing with different words.

Carry on.
“Trump is ignorant of government, of history, of science, of philosophy, of art, incapable of expressing or recognizing subtlety or nuance, destitute of all decency, and wielding a vocabulary of seventy-seven words that is better called Jerkish than English.” Philip Roth
Old 06-13-2019, 11:57 AM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Anyone know where the Gulf of Orman is? Sounds like something I should look into...
Old 06-13-2019, 11:58 AM
BP Staff

Quote:
WW, if you weren’t so busy looking to find something to complain about, you would see that Pete totally agreed with you (this time).

You said that homelessness wasn’t a left or right issue. He pointed out that there were homeless in liberal San Francisco and conservative Sarasota.

Carry on.
As dirty as that feels, accurate.
Old 06-13-2019, 12:29 PM

Quote:

Carry on.
Then why the "Republican-Loving " labeling of Sarasota? That was my initial post to his comment.
Old 06-13-2019, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
As dirty as that feels, accurate.
Don't forget we agreed about Rutta being over looked

WOW you are getting down and really dirty now. Time for you to shower
Old 06-13-2019, 01:20 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Don't forget we agreed about Rutta being over looked