BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 01-28-2008, 11:10 PM
BP Staff

Default GDT 1/29: Sabres at Lightning

Prayers for our goaltenders.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:32 AM
Cooper's Law

Lot of analysts saying the Lightning have no chance at the playoffs because we're gonna need at least 90 points by their count. I say the SouthLeast might could be won with 86-90 points, because most people are overlooking all of the divisional head-to-heads at the end of the season. But that scheduling could work both ways, since any team trying to win the SE or make the playoffs had better be well within close proximity to its target or else. Should be the usual mad scramble in the final days of the season. I just hope the Lightning aren't dismantled and in the tank well before then.

On the other side of the ice tonight, the Sabres are thought by some to be a prime candidate for a strong turnaround in the final 1/3 of the season. They certainly have enough talent in all the right places. Be interesting to see what they do with Campbell. Hopefully he and his mates have an All-Star break hangover at the Forum tonight.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:17 AM
BP Staff

NHLNet was doing their midway reviews and both TB and BUF fell into the disappointment category. True, you look at BUF and see Vanek and Roy and Afinogenov and Campbell and Miller and they should be better. Take a step back and look at TB, though, and with an MVP candidate, former MVP, former Conn Smythe winner, a 60 point dman coming back and an upncomer like Ranger - and how on earth is this team this bad in the standings?

Fight like hell to make the playoffs, but if they're close to 10 points out and still have to jump 5 or so teams to get in... start selling, looking for picks and prospects that are knocking at the door.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:58 AM
BP Staff

I have this dread that Buffalo's going to do to the Lightning tonight what they did to Atlanta a couple weeks ago with that 10-1 drubbing. Sure hope I'm wrong.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator

I am having a hard, hard time looking forward to this one. Believe it's on VS, and the Bolts haven't missed too many chances lately to embarrass themselves in front of a national audience, be it in the US or Canada. Not to mention the whole country will get to witness obnoxious Buffalo bandwagoners taking over our building, ugh.

Don't forget, this one's at 7 pm.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:30 AM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Gesh guys, I almost don't want to watch now after reading all your posts. Hopefully Dan Boyle was the miracle the team needed. He was there for them in their past beating by the Sens only that the rest of the team didn't show up.

Wonder who will be in net tonight....

Had to fix this--wonder who will START in net tonight...
Old 01-29-2008, 01:38 PM
Bingo Bob's Intermission Contest

Boyle's back, everyone is well rested (although Richards could use some time off. Mono, are you kidding me?), it's now or never if these guys don't want the team to get blown up.

What better way to start the comeback than handing Buffalo and their pinhead fans a bitter pill?
Old 01-29-2008, 01:57 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Default injuries

I believe Connolly and Afinogenov are out.

Big three games at home this week. Win two and we're in the hunt. Lose two or more, then wilt on the road trip and it's time to start dumping players for picks.
If that happens, I don't care if we end up with four 6th rounders and five 7th rounders with guys like Holmer, Gratton, Hlavac, Ward, Darche, MacDonald, Karlsson, Roy (why not? we can resign him), Janik, Stewart, Wanvig, etc. We should get something and let the minor leaguers play the last six weeks.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:01 PM
Alex Kharitonov's Balls

Great way for VS. to kick off their 2nd half broadcasts with two of the East's worst teams. I would hope the D and goaltending pull their heads out of their butts. Buffalo isn't as explosive as they used to be, but they still have some talent up front.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:07 PM
Cooper's Law

Send a message via AIM to Jester47

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydeedub View Post
Gesh guys, I almost don't want to watch now after reading all your posts.
Wow, I have to agree. Let's not get all doom and gloom yet, it's not like we are playing the Red Wings or hell even the Avs for that matter, it's the Sabers. They only have 3 more points than we do and only 1 more win! Boyle is back, everyone on D is slotted back down where they should be, let's be optimistic, at least until the puck drops.