BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 07-02-2020, 08:42 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Wow. The Economist has no axe to grind and no support blinders either. That's a Reagan 84 wipeout if it comes to pass.

Still lots of time left.

Also, what's the over/under of days until Maxwell gets suicided?
Old 07-03-2020, 08:33 AM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybolt View Post
Wow. The Economist has no axe to grind and no support blinders either. That's a Reagan 84 wipeout if it comes to pass.

Still lots of time left.

Also, what's the over/under of days until Maxwell gets suicided?
He did did say that outcome was not a very likely one... but it is telling that as of right now it’s more likely than Trump winning (which jibes with my gut that put Trump winning at about 10% and the landslide at about 15%).

https://projects.economist.com/us-20...cast/president

As of right now their model has Biden winning WI, MI, PA, and NH for the win along with FL.

Pure toss ups are AZ, OH, NC, and GA.

Trump still winning TX and IA in their model.

https://projects.economist.com/us-20...cast/president

I feel like if Biden got 54.4% of the modeled two party vote as they posit, he’d get on the high end of that haul of states. Like, all those toss up states would probably go to Biden.
Old 07-03-2020, 09:07 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybolt View Post
Still lots of time left
The saying is that a month is an eternity in politics. So there are still 4 eternities remaining until Election Day.

Hell, knowing this White House, Barr might have Biden arrested in October.

I guess I’m the second person to be able to do this.
Old 07-03-2020, 11:11 AM
BP Staff

Quote:
Tucker Carlson 2024? The GOP is buzzing

The Fox News host's ratings have gone gangbusters, and many Republicans think he'd be a force in a Republican primary.
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...blicans-348334

Old 07-03-2020, 11:18 AM

Another TV guy?

Old 07-03-2020, 11:36 AM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
Another TV guy?
Not just any TV guy... but Tucker Carlson. The guy James Carville used to slap around during his bow tie phase (when he was trying to be George Will) back on CNN's Crossfire for years.

More to the point, the guy who is such a lunatic that, even despite his popularity with the crazy right, his show is hemorrhaging sponsors because no company wants to associate their name with bat shit crazy. That's why over a third of the ads that run during his show are My Pillow ads. You know, the My Pillow guy who is thinking of running for MN Governor and just came out with his new book (and this is a real thing), "What Are the Odds? From Crack Addict to CEO".

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/12/b...vertisers.html

I'm thinking the GOP operatives thinking Tucker Carlson and the My Pillow guy are good candidates are crack addicts in their own rights.
Old 07-03-2020, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Shadowy right wing media figures, notably Jerome Corsi who was also a figure in the Wikileaks saga with Roger Stone, paid off a handful of John Kerry’s ex-swift boat unit’s officers (some of whom had actually campaigned for Kerry in his Senate campaigns just a few years earlier) to claim John Kerry lied about the incidents in Vietnam that led to him being awarded the Silver Star and his first Purple Heart. Notably, 9 of the 10 living sailors who served on Kerry’s boat under his command when the incidents happened stood by their former skipper. This led to a cottage industry of right wing conspiracy theories about Kerry’s war record that reached peak stupid when Michelle Malkin went on Chris Matthews’ show and, without a shred of evidence, claimed that Kerry shot himself to get his third Purple Heart to get discharged.

You’ll be shocked to hear DubDub was all in on the smearing of a decorated military veteran.

Remember this when Republicans try to use servicemen and women like a prop.

Also, FYI, serving on the swift boats in ‘Nam was one of the most dangerous types of duty in the war. It was like being a ball turret gunner on a bomber in WWII. You statistically were meat if you got that assignment. So, to put it succinctly, Kerry was no punk, which is why he had credibility when he returned home and became an anti-war activist.

Swift boating Kerry in 2004 is why I will go to my grave with a grudge against the Republican Party.
So essentially blatant and batshit lies spewed in order to give their base a reason to claim they don't like a war hero aside from the 'D' next to his name.

I know libel cases are harder for political figures but if the military has records that verify Kerry's claims and the rest of the sailors on his boat back up his word why didn't he bury the people spreading the lie under a mountain of litigation and debt? That one seems pretty open-and-shut(AKA not a SLAP suit) and would have probably nipped that tactic at the bud before they could use it again.
Old 07-03-2020, 12:57 PM

I want it to happen for the debates alone.
Old 07-03-2020, 01:26 PM

Can't be serious with Tucker Carlson, I know it's a small pool but there are better right wing media personalities to consider.
Old 07-03-2020, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseSpace View Post
So essentially blatant and batshit lies spewed in order to give their base a reason to claim they don't like a war hero aside from the 'D' next to his name.
The real motive was that Kerry became an anti-war activist and appeared with Jane Fonda. Vietnam Vets HATE Jane Fonda. They hate her so much that they would vote for Hillary over Fonda.