BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 07-02-2020, 11:51 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

The Swift boating of Biden is in full swing. He’s not mentally competent to be President.

It’s the only thing they have and their guy is worse.
Old 07-02-2020, 12:15 PM

4.8 million new jobs in June. Unemployment drops to 11.1%.

Trump claims that his strategy has both vanquished the virus and is leading to an economic recovery.

He omits that the nation set a record in new cases today and that unemployment would be 12.3% had discouraged workers been counted. (Still an improvement).

30% of all new jobs were in the hospitality business. The closings will impact that.
Old 07-02-2020, 12:45 PM

Herman Cain has Coronavirus after attending Trump’s Tulsa rally. We will never know whether he got it there or somewhere else, but it is in the window of when it would surface from the Tulsa rally.

Too bad he signed a waiver and can’t sue Trump.

Last edited by Donnie D; 07-02-2020 at 12:58 PM.
Old 07-02-2020, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
The Swift boating of Biden is in full swing. He’s not mentally competent to be President.

Can someone explain what "Swift Boating" means? I know it came from the Kerry-Bush election but I was about 11 at the time so I can't say I was paying attention to what was going on.
Old 07-02-2020, 02:41 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post

Quote:
How confident are you that Trump/Biden has the mental and physical stamina necessary to carry out the job of president:

Trump:
Very/somewhat confident 45%
Not too/not at all confident 54%

Biden:
Very/somewhat confident 52%
Not too/not at all confident 45%

@MonmouthPoll 6/26-30
https://twitter.com/politics_polls/s...851308034?s=21

So, yeah, I suspect this poll question will correlate better to your final popular vote in November than national polls right now, because it does capture the shy Trump vote from his embarrassed supporters. 7-9% win by Biden in the cards.

Last edited by pete; 07-02-2020 at 03:49 PM.
Old 07-02-2020, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseSpace View Post
Can someone explain what "Swift Boating" means? I know it came from the Kerry-Bush election but I was about 11 at the time so I can't say I was paying attention to what was going on.
John Kerry is a decorated Vietnam war veteran. He received the Bronze and Silver Stars and 2 Purple Hearts.

A group of people, only 1 of which served with Kerry, took out numerous political ads questioning his bravery and said that he was not entitled to the medals. All of Kerry’s shipmates, with the exception of 1 backed Kerry’s story. The circumstances regarding the awarding of the medals were investigated and it was determined that the proper procedure was followed.

The attacks by the “swift boat” veterans were savage. They called Kerry a coward, a traitor and said that he abandoned his men. He entered the election ahead, but the ads resulted in him falling into a hole from which he never recovered. Ironic because he ran against a guy who entered the national guard to avoid service.

Swift boating is a term that has come to mean a slanderous attack on someone that is totally false and most often used to question ones patriotism and competence to hold office.

I have no doubt that Biden is not as spry as he once was. But this attack by Fox News and Trump that he is 1 step away from entering an institution for dementia is absurd. They are pouncing of any errors that Biden makes as proof of his dementia, even though, as the daily show demonstrated, you could do the same to any of us if you followed us around for a year with a camera.
Old 07-02-2020, 02:55 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseSpace View Post
Shadowy right wing media figures, notably Jerome Corsi who was also a figure in the Wikileaks saga with Roger Stone, paid off a handful of John Kerry’s ex-swift boat unit’s officers (some of whom had actually campaigned for Kerry in his Senate campaigns just a few years earlier) to claim John Kerry lied about the incidents in Vietnam that led to him being awarded the Silver Star and his first Purple Heart. Notably, 9 of the 10 living sailors who served on Kerry’s boat under his command when the incidents happened stood by their former skipper. This led to a cottage industry of right wing conspiracy theories about Kerry’s war record that reached peak stupid when Michelle Malkin went on Chris Matthews’ show and, without a shred of evidence, claimed that Kerry shot himself to get his third Purple Heart to get discharged.

You’ll be shocked to hear DubDub was all in on the smearing of a decorated military veteran.

Remember this when Republicans try to use servicemen and women like a prop.

Also, FYI, serving on the swift boats in ‘Nam was one of the most dangerous types of duty in the war. It was like being a ball turret gunner on a bomber in WWII. You statistically were meat if you got that assignment. So, to put it succinctly, Kerry was no punk, which is why he had credibility when he returned home and became an anti-war activist.

Swift boating Kerry in 2004 is why I will go to my grave with a grudge against the Republican Party.

Last edited by pete; 07-02-2020 at 02:58 PM.
Old 07-02-2020, 03:05 PM

https://youtu.be/wXKxLkTo4do

Hopefully that works.
Old 07-02-2020, 03:41 PM

Trump on resurgence of virus as cases are spiking in several states: “We are putting out that life because it’s a bad life that we’re talking about.”

But Biden’s nuts.
Old 07-02-2020, 04:10 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Shadowy right wing media figures, notably Jerome Corsi who was also a figure in the Wikileaks saga with Roger Stone, paid off a handful of John Kerry’s ex-swift boat unit’s officers (some of whom had actually campaigned for Kerry in his Senate campaigns just a few years earlier) to claim John Kerry lied about the incidents in Vietnam that led to him being awarded the Silver Star and his first Purple Heart. Notably, 9 of the 10 living sailors who served on Kerry’s boat under his command when the incidents happened stood by their former skipper. This led to a cottage industry of right wing conspiracy theories about Kerry’s war record that reached peak stupid when Michelle Malkin went on Chris Matthews’ show and, without a shred of evidence, claimed that Kerry shot himself to get his third Purple Heart to get discharged.

You’ll be shocked to hear DubDub was all in on the smearing of a decorated military veteran.

Remember this when Republicans try to use servicemen and women like a prop.

Also, FYI, serving on the swift boats in ‘Nam was one of the most dangerous types of duty in the war. It was like being a ball turret gunner on a bomber in WWII. You statistically were meat if you got that assignment. So, to put it succinctly, Kerry was no punk, which is why he had credibility when he returned home and became an anti-war activist.

Swift boating Kerry in 2004 is why I will go to my grave with a grudge against the Republican Party.
Amen. As regards an R grudge, I'd also add Trump's "birther" BS, echoed by several R's including Meadows. That steaming piece of crap resulted in numerous death threats to the Obama family during his tenure. McCain was the ONLY R to confront this, and of course he was "not a war hero because he was captured". There is no scale to measure the vileness and evil in Trump and the current Republican party.