BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #15401  
Old 10-11-2018, 02:55 PM
pete's Avatar
pete pete is offline
BP Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 11,940
Default

https://twitter.com/classiclib3ral/s...64290366050310

I saw this and instantly imagined Waiver being the type to think he "won" the argument because someone couldn't definitively prove Anthony Hopkins isn't pro-cannibalism.
__________________
S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2018-2019: 12
Reply With Quote
  #15402  
Old 10-11-2018, 03:01 PM
BurnTHalO's Avatar
BurnTHalO BurnTHalO is online now
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Marietta, OH
Posts: 6,618
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeykShade View Post
Here's the racist portion. It has to do with work requirements being applied unfairly.
So it sounds like it's pretty well applied according to federal law (honestly I wish there was much better citation so I could look a bit deeper, the article just jumps way too much for me to follow), and that it is federal law that allows for the exemptions disproportionately helping white Americans.

Quote:
exemptions can apply to other types of state subdivisions, such as cities, as long as these jurisdictions have an unemployment rate higher than 120 percent of the U.S. unemployment rate over the past 24-month period, as measured by the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS)
So Ohio decided that a jurisdiction for the purpose of an exemption would be a county, and all 26 counties that failed that criteria were submitted for the exemption. Honestly I'd like to see research supporting the need for the work requirement in the first place (probably where you are going with it as well), but if there is, and this exemptions are needed, I'm not sure you could break down every state to the level they are suggesting in the article.
Reply With Quote
  #15403  
Old 10-11-2018, 07:20 PM
the_narrow_way's Avatar
the_narrow_way the_narrow_way is offline
Cooper's Law
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 4,661
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
Many, like I, feel that the left used Dr. Ford. The democrats on the committee had investigators on their staff and they neve used them. Did they try to interview Judge? No. Dr. Ford's friend? Nope. Ramirez and the witnesses she claimed to have? Nope. You see the left didn't want the truth. Instead they turned to paid political operatives in an attempt to use certain groups in hopes of delay.
Fuckin' A, is that you Donald? What a load of steaming Hannity-style bullshit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
It's got to stop. There needs to be a new and more robust VRA. There needs to be federal guidelines for registering voters and poll access that includes provisions about early voting and the number of polling locations and machines that need to be at each polling location. Having each state make their own rules has shown to be a fool's arrangement that just invites partisan abuses. Gerrymandering needs to be outlawed now that we have the technology to create algorithms that can draw actual, fair Congressional districts. Felon disenfranchisement that is still practiced by one or two states like Florida needs to be banned. Standards for the protection of voting machines, election databases, and state and local servers from cyber attacks need to be made and monitored closely by federal law enforcement and there needs to be safeguards that include verifiable paper trails for recounts so we can make sure no one is tampering with vote counts instead of just subsisting on hope that no one is tampering with vote counts. And, finally, the Electoral College needs to be abolished.
/signed
Reply With Quote
  #15404  
Old 10-12-2018, 08:28 AM
pete's Avatar
pete pete is offline
BP Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 11,940
Default

AP is reporting that 70% of the people that Brian Kemp has thrown off the Georgia voting rolls this cycle have been African American. They're not even hiding it in an election where polls have shown the race hovering within 2% for the last little while.
__________________
S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2018-2019: 12
Reply With Quote
  #15405  
Old 10-12-2018, 08:50 AM
Bolthed's Avatar
Bolthed Bolthed is offline
Cooper's Law
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Gainesvegas!
Posts: 4,542
Default

How would you feel right now if you were Native American?
__________________
“Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU
Reply With Quote
  #15406  
Old 10-12-2018, 09:29 AM
gphockey's Avatar
gphockey gphockey is offline
Len Barrie's Fiscal Cliff
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,247
Default

Change it up to something more important then issues not a one of you can fix.
But, you can make a difference here.

Michael damage. Over 1.5 million out of power. Mexico Beach is called ground zero and basically gone.

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-news/hu...-live-updates/
Reply With Quote
  #15407  
Old 10-12-2018, 09:41 AM
WaiverWire's Avatar
WaiverWire WaiverWire is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tampa
Posts: 6,741
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
https://twitter.com/classiclib3ral/s...64290366050310

I saw this and instantly imagined Waiver being the type to think he "won" the argument because someone couldn't definitively prove Anthony Hopkins isn't pro-cannibalism.
OK, so please enlighten us all with why you think Kavanagh was guilty? Name one person or piece of evidence.

Dr. Ford listed 3 or 4 people that were at the party. Not one verified her claim, not one.

What are you relying and basing your believes on pete? Are you saying that people she may have told something 25 years after the fact is evidence of wrong doing? That is hear say and should never, ever be looked at in determining ones fate.


Or are you that good that you have the capability and/or the training to sit and listen to someone and say for certain that they are either telling the truth or lying?
__________________
“If Bluto Blutarsky can do it, why can't Trump?”
Reply With Quote
  #15408  
Old 10-12-2018, 10:45 AM
ZeykShade's Avatar
ZeykShade ZeykShade is offline
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,566
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
OK, so please enlighten us all with why you think Kavanagh was guilty? Name one person or piece of evidence.

Dr. Ford listed 3 or 4 people that were at the party. Not one verified her claim, not one.

What are you relying and basing your believes on pete? Are you saying that people she may have told something 25 years after the fact is evidence of wrong doing? That is hear say and should never, ever be looked at in determining ones fate.


Or are you that good that you have the capability and/or the training to sit and listen to someone and say for certain that they are either telling the truth or lying?
Goalposts. The standard for Judicial Conduct and being nominated to the Supreme Court is NOT guilt. It's not even the civil legal bar. He's not fit to sit on the bench because there was a credible allegation. The GOP's sex crimes prosecutor got close to asking about the particular party and then Lindsey Graham swooped in and put an end to that shit with a real quickness.

Kavanaugh himself set up the rules for interviewing Bill Clinton and he was adamant about it being done with no breaks for Clinton. Kavanaugh was saved repeatedly by the 11 GOP Senators on that committee. His exchange with Senator Klobuchar was disqualifying alone. He has no judicial temperament. He cited conspiracy theories in his opening remarks and all but threatened, "Payback's a bitch."

The standard to disqualify Kavanaugh was met and exceeded easily simply by the allegations being credible. His being unfit was proven by his behavior alone. He has 15 judicial misconduct complaints against him currently.

Drop the criminal(and even civil)evidentiary standard. It doesn't apply here. For you to incessantly try to apply it shows your ignorance. If you can't get your head around this simple fact, please find something else to talk about. You're contributions, in general, and specifically regarding this topic, are worthless.
__________________
The problem with today’s world is that everyone believes they have the right to express their opinion AND have others listen to it.
The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense! - Brian Cox
Reply With Quote
  #15409  
Old 10-12-2018, 11:02 AM
Maverick9911's Avatar
Maverick9911 Maverick9911 is offline
Steve F**king Yzerman
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 2,542
Send a message via AIM to Maverick9911
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeykShade View Post
Goalposts. The standard for Judicial Conduct and being nominated to the Supreme Court is NOT guilt. It's not even the civil legal bar. He's not fit to sit on the bench because there was a credible allegation. The GOP's sex crimes prosecutor got close to asking about the particular party and then Lindsey Graham swooped in and put an end to that shit with a real quickness.

Kavanaugh himself set up the rules for interviewing Bill Clinton and he was adamant about it being done with no breaks for Clinton. Kavanaugh was saved repeatedly by the 11 GOP Senators on that committee. His exchange with Senator Klobuchar was disqualifying alone. He has no judicial temperament. He cited conspiracy theories in his opening remarks and all but threatened, "Payback's a bitch."

The standard to disqualify Kavanaugh was met and exceeded easily simply by the allegations being credible. His being unfit was proven by his behavior alone. He has 15 judicial misconduct complaints against him currently.

Drop the criminal(and even civil)evidentiary standard. It doesn't apply here. For you to incessantly try to apply it shows your ignorance. If you can't get your head around this simple fact, please find something else to talk about. You're contributions, in general, and specifically regarding this topic, are worthless.
This. All of this.

The fact people conveniently ignore there are actual rules and a code of conduct that applies to all judges and judicial candidates is just mind-boggling.
Reply With Quote
  #15410  
Old 10-12-2018, 11:17 AM
dannybolt's Avatar
dannybolt dannybolt is offline
Mighty Mite
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Pete
Posts: 1,274
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick9911 View Post
This. All of this.

The fact people conveniently ignore there are actual rules and a code of conduct that applies to all judges and judicial candidates is just mind-boggling.
I believe Maverick is a lawyer, so expertise, etc. I expect that fact will bounce off WW's eyeballs and fade into the ether.
__________________
Ondrej Palat fan club member
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2008, BoltProspects.com. All Rights Reserved.