BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 03-22-2008, 08:29 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aapbolt View Post
Ok Pete and CT, I hope you are right about Jokinen, only time will tell. I do agree that if halpern is hurt he should sit and rehab, we really do not need him at this point, and next year is much more important. Personally I would not hesitate to give Vinny and Marty a night off. Bring up some kids and let's see what we have and how they respond. Now we need to get into a postion to figure out who plays where next year and the d pairings. Plus try and get into position to grab Stamkos.
Unfortunately, they are gonna have to do some pleading with the league to get a few kids up.
Right now, they have two extra players. Remember Andre? And no callups available.
Even if they sit Halpern and Vinny with injuries, they will have 18 skaters. Obviously, at this point in the season people are playing with injuries and hopefully Jay can convince the league to get a few callups, at least in the last few games. Kuba's probably not 100 percent, Lundin's ankle probably isn't perfect. With eight games left, we should be able to do something... I wonder if the Lightning suspended Roy for the rest of the season that the league would allow them to replace him?
Old 03-22-2008, 11:30 AM
Cooper's Law

Default Call-ups

I thought that towards the end of the season you were able to expand the roster, or did we do that already by calling up Stewart et al? Could we send Stewart back down and call up someone else, and if someone is injured can they be replaced for a short time? thanks for the info CT.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:26 PM
BP Staff

I think it's April, but I'm not sure. In the past we've had the Black Aces - the practicers during the playoffs. However the Ads schedule keeps going when the Lightning's stops by a week. (end 4/12)