BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 01-22-2009, 11:58 AM
BP Staff

Quote:
well, it depends if we have a logical chance or not...
There wasn't a logical chance in 2001-2002. However, because the team had caught fire in the second half it was fairly obvious the team was priming for a big 2002-2003, so they retained Andreychuk. The rest is history.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:01 PM
BP Staff

How in the world did we win a game with that defensive group?

Three cheers for Tocchet and his system. Because with Melrose's shot-a-minute "system" (pause for laughs), that game would have been 15-3.

Koci could have a place as a 3 minute fourth line winger, but please. Oh, please. No more defense from him. He looks like Warren Sapp on Figure Skating With the Stars. BUT not at the expense of the third/fourth line of Pettinger-Craig-Hall. They should be BFF. They play like it. (BFF Line anyone? Anyone? No? Okay.)

I just can't get over the fact Eminger was playing No.2 minutes last night and the team did as well as they did. Granted, Eminger's played well lately, but still.

Wishart did much better. Just please stop pairing him with Koci (like he was in the 1st period vs. Carolina). I don't know if Pronger could succeed next to Koci.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:55 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Finally a win against Buffalo. I'm not sure that I've ever attended a home game when we beat them.

As critical as I was on Monday, equal praise for last night. The defense not only scored, but as has been mentioned elsewhere #44 and #2 both looked good. And Buffalo has the ability to make anyone look bad.

But I have to ask, is there any small market team that has a better combination front office and coaching as Buffalo? Seems like they are always losing players to free agency and they are always able to find someone else in their system to take their place.
“Trump is ignorant of government, of history, of science, of philosophy, of art, incapable of expressing or recognizing subtlety or nuance, destitute of all decency, and wielding a vocabulary of seventy-seven words that is better called Jerkish than English.” Philip Roth
Old 01-22-2009, 07:37 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
Finally a win against Buffalo. I'm not sure that I've ever attended a home game when we beat them.

As critical as I was on Monday, equal praise for last night. The defense not only scored, but as has been mentioned elsewhere #44 and #2 both looked good. And Buffalo has the ability to make anyone look bad.

But I have to ask, is there any small market team that has a better combination front office and coaching as Buffalo? Seems like they are always losing players to free agency and they are always able to find someone else in their system to take their place.
I've always admired both the team (Perrault/Martin etc) and the town. I've got some very good friends from Buffalo and a couple of the guys I play with are from there. Its a great sports town...notwithstanding their legion of newbie bandwagoneers. Add to that the fact that Leaf fans have to travel there to see NHL hockey...well, thats priceless..
Old 01-22-2009, 08:37 PM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Buffalo's ability to constantly reload is probably a direct result of Darcy Regier and Lindy Ruff having been there so long. Everyone in the entire organ-eye-zation on the same page. And I hate how Ruff whines and cries like a little girl all the time, but he's a damn good coach.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:45 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post

I dunno, they are not really that good. They hang around, they have some tough players, a top-10 goalie and a decent coach. They are the definition of avg.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:25 PM
Johnny Shortside

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTLightning26 View Post
I dunno, they are not really that good. They hang around, they have some tough players, a top-10 goalie and a decent coach. They are the definition of avg.
But consistently average