BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 07-03-2018, 02:02 PM
Cooper's Law

The Obama policy and facilities they're using the attempt to do the same tu quoque fallacy I recently called RS on, were setup to deal with unaccompanied minors coming across the borders. There were family detention centers used to hold asylum seekers and families who crossed. The key difference is, these people weren't treated as felons immediately. Seeking asylum is not a crime. Some cross without the intention of seeking asylum, that's a misdemeanor for the first incident.

The change the Trump Administration implemented was to treat everyone as a criminal despite 91% of the people coming across seeking asylum. By classifying them as felonious criminals(alleged), they split the families apart since you can't send a child to criminal detention. They did this with no planning, no logistics. So, even if I agreed with the policy of treating everyone as a criminal and splitting families up (I don't), you can't begin to argue the point that this wasn't done with the typical Trump ineptitude. They did this for political reasons. They willfully created for-profit baby jails for political reasons.

That's terrorism. Now they're charging some of these families the airfare to reunite their children with them. That's called "ransom" if you care.

In any given month, Trump commits 1-3 new impeachable offenses beyond those his campaign is already being investigated for. The rule of law is perilously close to being gone. WRoL is not a state anyone should wish for. I like playing the Telltale Versions of The Walking Dead and I enjoy Cormack McCarthy books as much as anyone really can "enjoy" them, but I ffs don't want to live in one.
Old 07-03-2018, 02:04 PM
BP Staff

Youd think Waiver would believe it if it came from a law enforcement officer news site, right? Right? What did Sessions say?

https://www.officer.com/command-hq/t...rder-crossings
Old 07-03-2018, 02:29 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
If not of this was happening under Obama then why are we seeing videos from 2014.
You seem to miss the obvious differences.

Obama - held kids WHO CAME ALONE in temporary cells until they could be placed with relatives which generally happened within days.

Trump - separated children from their parents and held them in temporary cells apart from their parents for months. Often deported the parents without Returning the children.
Old 07-03-2018, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Youd think Waiver would believe it if it came from a law enforcement officer news site, right? Right? What did Sessions say?

https://www.officer.com/command-hq/t...rder-crossings
That was not what was being discussed pete and you know it.

Did Session and Trump change the policy to zero tolerance. Yup, no question about it.

But your claim that these "so called cages" were just now built is a out and out lie on your part.

Since you like and trust Snopes so much try chewing on this link.

p[lease note the bold below.

Quote:
This photograph dates from 2014 (during the Obama administration) and was not directly related to a mid-2018 controversy over Trump administration policy of separating children from undocumented migrant parents at the U.S. border

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ch...ntration-camp/

This didn't just start yesterday as you want all to believe. And why is this? It is that you are willing to lie just because you hate one person so much.

You really are starting to sound like a small bitter person who will do and say anything as long as the end meets your needs.

And I am still waiting for that answer pete. I know it will not come because #1 you think this is a game, when it is not and #2 you do not want a solution as you would rather have turmoil even if it was to effect your business if the economy went south.
Old 07-03-2018, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeykShade View Post
the same tu quoque fallacy I recently called RS on
By singling out the GOP by name you were implying a distinction between them and everyone else. I was disagreeing with your intent of singling them out, I wasn't trying to make a claim that cult like actions are justified because both sides do it.
Old 07-03-2018, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
You seem to miss the obvious differences.

Obama - held kids WHO CAME ALONE in temporary cells until they could be placed with relatives which generally happened within days.

Trump - separated children from their parents and held them in temporary cells apart from their parents for months. Often deported the parents without Returning the children.
Did you listen to Johnson? They had thousands of beds, but only 95 could hold families and they had far more families than that and had to separate them due to the lack of family space.

So now Trump has gotten through his head that he can not charge everyone. But still people flee here. Many do not care about the laws and do not care that if they go to a border crossing they will be heard. Instead they cross between the points of entry. The Border Patrol says they are catching about 120 a day just in one sector of Arizona. They also have said that they feel that for everyone they catch 4 or 5 get through. And these people do not try to turn themselves in for asylum. They just move on and try to migrated into a community.

So what do we do? Nothing?
Old 07-03-2018, 02:51 PM
Cooper's Law

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/02/polit...ing/index.html

Wonder if he'll ask for asylum like Snowden.
Old 07-03-2018, 04:29 PM
Cooper's Law

https://theintercept.com/2018/07/03/...tention-visit/

This story right here...this is why you can scream at them in public. They don't have to deal with any repercussions for their actions typically.
Old 07-03-2018, 04:44 PM
BP Staff

Even if we accept Waiver’s heavily manipulated “alternate facts”, what he just told you is that family separation during the Obama Administration was temporary and due to lack of facilities, NOT the policy goal. Trump was deliberately kidnapping children and throwing them in wire cages as the definitive policy of his administration... a “deterrent” per Sessions’ policy speech to discourage people from trying to immigrate to the US. So, even if you accept Waiver’s own cherry picked and centrifuge spun “facts” he just confessed to you all he’s comparing an apple to one big, maggot-encrusted human rights abusing orange.
Old 07-03-2018, 04:53 PM
Cooper's Law

I see what you did there.