BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 05-18-2018, 03:58 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Lest you all have any misconceptions who the league wants to win the series (it isn't Tampa Bay).
If that was the case, we wouldn't have gotten a PP in the third period and there were many more opportunities out there to give Washington power plays.

Every single fan base thinks the officials are out to get them.
Old 05-18-2018, 04:58 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
If that was the case, we wouldn't have gotten a PP in the third period
After giving Washington four straight power plays it was patently obvious the second the Lightning got any possession they'd HAVE to give the Lightning one.

With all that said, you didn't explain how it's the league office went OUTSIDE established protocol to review and unreviewable play to make sure we just-so-happened to lose our best defenseman on a key penalty kill. I don't see other teams getting that "special" treatment from Toronto.

And, as I said, if you're gonna review the play review the whole play and call Oshie for that disgustingly cynical soccer-style dive.
Old 05-18-2018, 05:25 PM

i think they had a disagreement on who committed the penalty and wanted to get it right. They did.
Old 05-18-2018, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
i think they had a disagreement on who committed the penalty and wanted to get it right. They did.
That was unprecedented before last night, that isn't what the replay is designed for. If they are going to do that, than why haven't they reviewed pucks over the glass? Seems like the Lightning always get the short end of the stick when it comes to video review.
Old 05-18-2018, 06:00 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Outside the bounds of established protocol on a play that is not supposed to be reviewable. And if you are going to review that play, really review it and sanction Oshie for the fact he skated over Hedman's blade with no effect on his balance or progress and then deliberately threw himself down to the ice two strides later.

He did the EXACT SAME CRAP in the Third Period when he got tapped by a stick on the shin pad crossing the Lightning blueline and he flung himself down to the ice to try to draw a call and thank God the refs didn't take the bait that time. He's a diver, and the refs not only didn't hold him accountable for it, they went outside of the rules to reward him for it by adopting a protocol to further disadvantage the Lightning. It's flat out wrong.

It was so bad even NBCSN, which is clearly no friend of the Lightning, commented on the fact Oshie was untouched when he went down AND that they didn't believe putting Hedman in the box rather than Gourde was a reviewable play.
Old 05-18-2018, 06:55 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
That was unprecedented before last night, that isn't what the replay is designed for. If they are going to do that, than why haven't they reviewed pucks over the glass? Seems like the Lightning always get the short end of the stick when it comes to video review.
Video review of pucks over the glass makes a shitload more sense than what they just randomly decided to use it for last night, hehe.
Old 05-18-2018, 08:31 PM
Jay Feaster's Cheeto Encrusted Thumb

A tweet from Patrick O'Sullivan claimed the refs can review to determine who the offending player was but can't change the call. I have no idea if this true and nobody I've asked can verify that. I certianly have never seen it happen. But if it is true then I have some questions:

Why the hell have I watched countless players go to the box on tripping or high sticking calls when somebody else was guilty of the offense?

If they don't know who tripped a guy, how the fuck do they know it was a penalty? Just cause the guy fell down?????

So, upon this review they obviously saw that NOBODY comitted a penalty so instead of keeping the orginal guy in the box they thought it would be better to put our best dman in the box instead? What does that tell you.

One other thing, I'm completely convinced the skate in Kunitz's face was a total Marchand move from Wilson and an intentional effort to seriously injury another player. You could literally kill a guy doing that.
Old 05-18-2018, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatwater View Post
A tweet from Patrick O'Sullivan claimed the refs can review to determine who the offending player was but can't change the call. I have no idea if this true and nobody I've asked can verify that. I certianly have never seen it happen. But if it is true then I have some questions:

Why the hell have I watched countless players go to the box on tripping or high sticking calls when somebody else was guilty of the offense?

If they don't know who tripped a guy, how the fuck do they know it was a penalty? Just cause the guy fell down?????

So, upon this review they obviously saw that NOBODY comitted a penalty so instead of keeping the orginal guy in the box they thought it would be better to put our best dman in the box instead? What does that tell you.

One other thing, I'm completely convinced the skate in Kunitz's face was a total Marchand move from Wilson and an intentional effort to seriously injury another player. You could literally kill a guy doing that.
Watching the game tonight, they just sent the wrong guy to the box and it wasn't close. No review...
Old 05-18-2018, 10:29 PM
Keefamania!

Quote:
...One other thing, I'm completely convinced the skate in Kunitz's face was a total Marchand move from Wilson and an intentional effort to seriously injury another player. You could literally kill a guy doing that.
I saw this on the replay from early this morning since I missed about a full period due to storms and I also thought it was an intentional attempt to injure.

I also noticed the back checking play of kucherov just after the Caps tied the game.. great defensive play at the net and then on the subsequent ruch he pitchforked Hedman ahead of him to give Heddy a little bit of a boost!

Old 05-19-2018, 12:24 AM
Cooper's Law

Quote: