BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 02-22-2018, 04:30 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_haas View Post
Again, posturing. It's all a big poker game.
Agreed. Also if you read his words instead of the insinuation that Joe Smith has implied or Waiver has inferred, you'll see that Yzerman will only consider roster player trades if the result would improve the team's chances of winning. So if the ask is Tyler Johnson as the roster player with Dotchin or SKK, the answer is the team is probably better. If it's Sergachev, Point or anything with Point, then the answer is no, they're probably not better. Point is that important to the team currently. He's got 52 points in 60gp and is +17 going against the other teams' best lines night in and night out. To top it off, the kid is making under $800k/yr.

That's the kind of asset you don't trade. Sergachev is flashy and him being in a bundle for the likes of Karlsson is not unexpected. I like Sergachev for what he could be. I like Karlsson for what he has been since 2010 and projects to be until 2022+
Old 02-22-2018, 04:48 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Is there a more valuable player on the team right now than Point? Heddy or Vasi? IDK, 5v5 producing centers don't grow on trees, I wouldn't even trade him in the offseason yet alone in the middle of a cup run. He's the heart of our team right now right next to Gourde.
Old 02-22-2018, 05:03 PM
Bingo Bob's Intermission Contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
Is there a more valuable player on the team right now than Point? Heddy or Vasi? IDK, 5v5 producing centers don't grow on trees, I wouldn't even trade him in the offseason yet alone in the middle of a cup run. He's the heart of our team right now right next to Gourde.
He's got a damn good case. Like pete has mentioned before, Point's ascendance allowed Drouin to get dealt for Sergachev; he shored up the second line, leads the way energy wise, and he never disappears, which also makes him unique amongst the forwards.

IMO Vasi>Hedman>Point>Kucherov>Stamkos.
Old 02-22-2018, 05:06 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybolt View Post
He's got a damn good case. Like pete has mentioned before, Point's ascendance allowed Drouin to get dealt for Sergachev; he shored up the second line, leads the way energy wise, and he never disappears, which also makes him unique amongst the forwards.

IMO Vasi>Hedman>Point>Kucherov>Stamkos.
And my personal favorite, he kicked Brad Richardson's ass in Arizona while I was in attendance
Old 02-22-2018, 05:15 PM

WW - you are reading this totally different than I am. (Not surprisingly).

I don't believe he ever said that he would not trade anyone off the current roster. What he was quoted as saying was:

"At this stage, the young players on our team, we want to keep on our team and we want to add to that."

"We're trying to keep this team together with the hope of improving it."

Obviously if we feel we can improve our team and it gives us a better chance to be more successful in the playoffs, that would be our goal.

Where did he say that he wouldn't trade anyone off the current roster? He wants to keep the team together, but he didn't say that he would. I think he is saying the same thing every contending team says.

Since you are keeping tabs, I'm technically off, but I'll be here working for another hour or so. Finally, so you know, if I post on Monday - I took vacation to be home for the trade deadline.

That's my last comment on the subject.

Last edited by Donnie D; 02-22-2018 at 05:27 PM.
Old 02-22-2018, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
WW - you are reading this totally different than I am. (Not surprisingly).

I don't believe he ever said that he would not trade anyone off the current roster. What he was quoted as saying was:

"At this stage, the young players on our team, we want to keep on our team and we want to add to that."

Obviously if we feel we can improve our team and it gives us a better chance to be more successful in the playoffs, that would be our goal.

Where did he say that he wouldn't trade anyone off the current roster? He wants to keep the team together, but he didn't say that he would. I think he is saying the same thing every contending team says.
As far as where did he say that? That comes from Smith who spoke to SY. Smith wrote this in the article.

Quote:
But what Yzerman won't be doing is dealing from his current lineup, so the likes of Mikhail Sergachev, Brayden Point & Co aren't going anywhere.
Is it a quote from SY? No, but Smith has spend much more time with SY than anyone here and I am sure he knows him better.

With this from SY

Quote:
We all know we have a very good, young team. Why upset that balance now? Why subtract up front to add to the back end?

We have a ton of very good assets in the "A". Time to take advantage of this and keep this team intact for the long haul.

Quote:
Since you are keeping tabs, I'm technically off, but I'll be here working for another hour or so. I was here until 8:15 pm on Tuesday evening and will be here all day on Saturday. This week, I'll work about 12 hours over (and I'm not paid overtime). So if I use my lunch hour or take a break to check BP, I'm not cheating the taxpayers. Finally, so you know, if I post on Monday - I took vacation to be home for the trade deadline.
Not keeping tabs at all. It was meant as a joke as you claim you have me blocked. As a former government employee I know how the "flex time" works. And for those that are not a government employee, or never have been, that was not meant as a slight. Most government employees are not given overtime but have to "flex their hours to avoid overtime.

I have deleted that post as I didn't mean to offend anyone

Last edited by WaiverWire; 02-22-2018 at 05:29 PM.
Old 02-22-2018, 05:31 PM

Frankly TJ is a top 6 center without a spot. He is now expendable and wouldn’t weaken our forwards.
Old 02-22-2018, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
Frankly TJ is a top 6 center without a spot. He is now expendable and wouldn’t weaken our forwards.
True. I have always seen TJ as our pick to be sent to Seattle.....if he is here that long.
Old 02-22-2018, 05:39 PM

Boston traded F Frank Vatrano to Florida for a 2018 third-round pick.
Old 02-22-2018, 05:53 PM
The Chief's Canadian Ginger Ale

I didn’t see it, but guys are saying Karlsson faked going into the Tampa room when he got to the rink. Totally believe it. He’s a fun guy #Senators

He’s coming for free!