Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 03-30-2011, 04:58 PM
WaiverWire

Default AK 47's

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire
it's a legal firearm.......so whats the issue

He has the right to have the firearm. And if you do not think he should I think you would shocked to know just how many are out there.

If he had a huge mural of a spread shot from Hustler magazine (also legal), painted on a wall of his home, would you be saying "what's the point" if people brought it up?

As Americans, we have become so accepting of firearms as a part of daily life we have no reasonable perspective anymore. This is a weapon designed to KILL PEOPLE. It has no other purpose.

The AK-47 is a rifle that many love to shot at firing ranges.

The truth is that we have gotten to politically correct by not wanting to offend anyone. You can not please everyone all the time. That is a fact of life that we all have to learn to live with.

PS............

I hope this now meets with the Sotnos stamp of approval
Old 03-30-2011, 05:45 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Send a message via AIM to Maverick9911

Quote:
My question is why did he bring it with him to the spring training house? That's the kind of thing you want to keep a little more securely, at least I'd think so.
I read many of the comments on the Times (after swearing I wouldn't, I never learn) saying how absurd it is to suggest he keep it locked up in a safe because "the robbers won't wait for you to unlock the safe when they barge in." I think its a ridiculous position because if you're responsible with your weapons, you can have those things safely secured and hidden yet still available at a moment's notice. My father has an assortment of rifles and pistols, including an AK, and they are all locked and hidden where no one but he can find them. If he needs it, he's got it ready to go in no time flat. These are the dopes who have a gun go off or easily stolen and then whine about how no one took proper precautions.

It's legal and although I may question why some people own such weapons, it's their right as citizens to own them. What I do find irksome is how some people are seemingly blowing this off as some kind of cute little Rambo Longoria story yet these are the same types that would be chiming in with their "expert" opinions as to how the gun symbolized thug culture and reckless behavior if it were owned by someone like BJ Upton.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:22 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Well like someone else mentioned you wouldn't use an AK-47 for home protection anyhow (unless you were attacked by Gaddhafi's troops or something), so having it "ready to deal with robbers" would be silly.

Quote:
What I do find irksome is how some people are seemingly blowing this off as some kind of cute little Rambo Longoria story yet these are the same types that would be chiming in with their "expert" opinions as to how the gun symbolized thug culture and reckless behavior if it were owned by someone like BJ Upton.
Didn't realize some would find it cute. Talk about a serious double standard, I agree.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
As long as the mural is legal who cares. who are you or I to say it isn't right when others say he has ever right to have the firearm.

The AK-47 is a rifle that many love to shot at firing ranges.

The truth is that we have gotten to politically correct by not wanting to offend anyone. You can not please everyone all the time. That is a fact of life that we all have to learn to live with.

PS............

I hope this now meets with the Sotnos stamp of approval
I don't question his right to own it. I question why. Young guy with the world at his fingertips owning a weapon like this is what I will never understand. Nothing good can come of this.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:57 PM
WaiverWire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flycoon View Post
I question why.
But that is just it, he doesn't have to explain why nor does the team.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:20 PM

Its for the oncoming Zombie invasion. You all won't think its pointless when hordes of man eating carcasses bang down your door and the only thing between living and becoming brain-meal is being able to stand behind the barrel of the awesome destructive power of an AK 47. YEAH
Old 03-31-2011, 10:35 AM
Keefamania!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
Its for the oncoming Zombie invasion. You all won't think its pointless when hordes of man eating carcasses bang down your door and the only thing between living and becoming brain-meal is being able to stand behind the barrel of the awesome destructive power of an AK 47. YEAH
Somebody is playing too many video games.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:20 AM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
According to my supervisor, everyone should have a Zombie Plan. That's why I have a MAK 90 and an SKS.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:28 AM

I'm going melee. Ninja swords + kevlar
Old 03-31-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
But that is just it, he doesn't have to explain why nor does the team.
I'm concerned because I haven't seen his birth certificate and heard he may be a secret Muslim.

Last edited by Flycoon; 03-31-2011 at 04:43 PM.