BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 10-03-2010, 05:32 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Default Stp

Any changes to the concert? I read that Weiland fell off the wagon and had a meltdown onstage In Houston on the 19th of September. Some subsequent shows were re-scheduled.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:47 PM

My rep called last week asking me to take their free tickets and give them away if I wasn't going. So I guess the concert is still on.

They gave the STH free tickets and offered $25 a seat for up to 10 more. Now they are $20 for anyone.
“Trump is ignorant of government, of history, of science, of philosophy, of art, incapable of expressing or recognizing subtlety or nuance, destitute of all decency, and wielding a vocabulary of seventy-seven words that is better called Jerkish than English.” Philip Roth

Last edited by Donnie D; 10-03-2010 at 08:16 PM.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:31 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flycoon View Post
Any changes to the concert? I read that Weiland fell off the wagon and had a meltdown onstage In Houston on the 19th of September. Some subsequent shows were re-scheduled.
I know that they canceled all their Texas shows. I'm not sure if it's still on for next week. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club would be worth seeing even if STP doesn't play.

Looking at STP's website, there is no mention of the show being canceled. I'm assuming they are still playing.

Last edited by astro; 10-03-2010 at 06:34 PM.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:40 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flycoon View Post
I read that Weiland fell off the wagon and had a meltdown onstage In Houston on the 19th of September.
What? Weiland had a meltdown?? That doesn't seem anything like him...

Hopefully he can keep his act straight. He has loads of talent and it kind of irks me to see him waste it away so often. If the band does indeed perform, I wish I could be there to see the full show Leiweke (sp?) has in store for the fans. One of my favorite bands from the 90s + Hockey, I can work with that.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:13 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
What? Weiland had a meltdown?? That doesn't seem anything like him...
I know right, how shocking!!

FWIW, they advertised the concert several times at the game last night, so as of now it's probably still on.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:21 PM
Cooper's Law

It's sad going back through their video history. Weiland was a thick lookin' dude back in the day. Then over the course of a couple albums he gets all wasted and drugged-out.

I saw them in Orlando when they toured for the 'Number 4' album. Pretty-good show. Weiland was rather crazy, and kept going down off the stage and making the job difficult for the security guys to keep people from grabbing Weiland.

Last edited by the_narrow_way; 10-03-2010 at 09:38 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:19 PM

From today's SPT:

Fool us once, Scott Weiland, shame on you. Fool us twice ... actually, no one would be surprised by that. You're just that great of a guy.

Stone Temple Pilots have canceled a dozen shows on their current fall tour following bizarre behavior and onstage rants by Weiland in Texas. (Video from the concert shows Weiland rambling about drinking again, and this report from the Houston Press alleges that Weiland may have been lip-synching at another tour stop in Ohio.)

How does this affect Tampa Bay fans? It's not quite clear yet. STP's website still lists their Oct. 8 gig at the St. Pete Times Forum as intact -- in fact, it's scheduled to be the first show back after this current hiatus. But that doesn't mean much, because based on recent history, any given Stone Temple Pilots concert could be canceled at a moment's notice, for any reason. It should just say that on the ticket.
“Trump is ignorant of government, of history, of science, of philosophy, of art, incapable of expressing or recognizing subtlety or nuance, destitute of all decency, and wielding a vocabulary of seventy-seven words that is better called Jerkish than English.” Philip Roth
Old 10-08-2010, 09:24 AM
Cooper's Law

I saw him when Velvet Revolver came through town a few years back. His voice was rather torn-up. Maybe him lip-synching is a good thing?