BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 05-10-2010, 07:55 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Default E Commerce question

I recently purchased a set of Callaway golf clubs on line that are counterfeit. Anyone know where this should be reported to get these crooks removed from search engines? I have already stopped the charges with Visa so it has cost me nothing; the dealer has already contacted me offering to cut the price even further.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:23 AM
Cooper's Law

I'm not certain, but I imagine call to the local police non-emergency line might be a way to find out the right place to call.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:46 AM
WaiverWire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flycoon View Post
I recently purchased a set of Callaway golf clubs on line that are counterfeit. Anyone know where this should be reported to get these crooks removed from search engines? I have already stopped the charges with Visa so it has cost me nothing; the dealer has already contacted me offering to cut the price even further.
Fly, was the transaction through a dealer website or something like ebay or craigslist?

If a dealer website you could contact the local law enforcement agency for the dealer. That agency may be working other cases against the dealer.

If ebay contact their customer service center. Ebay is investigating these type of cases. Left me know if ebay or craigslist as I can get you some contact numbers.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
Fly, was the transaction through a dealer website or something like ebay or craigslist?

If a dealer website you could contact the local law enforcement agency for the dealer. That agency may be working other cases against the dealer.

If ebay contact their customer service center. Ebay is investigating these type of cases. Left me know if ebay or craigslist as I can get you some contact numbers.
It was a dealer. No idea where they are located, nothing listed on the website. The clubs were shipped from Chongqing, China. Phone number listed is a cell phone so who knows where it is actually located.

I have a feeling the dealer is off shore somewhere as their emails are worded as if generated by some sort of translation software.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:48 AM
Cooper's Law

You can often find out the source of their emails by viewing the full header details of the email. You can then take the IP address(es) listed and look up where and who they are registered to.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:39 AM
WaiverWire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flycoon View Post
It was a dealer. No idea where they are located, nothing listed on the website. The clubs were shipped from Chongqing, China. Phone number listed is a cell phone so who knows where it is actually located.

I have a feeling the dealer is off shore somewhere as their emails are worded as if generated by some sort of translation software.
one of the many reasons to beware when buying via the net.

Don't want to worry you, but make sure you watch your card billing as they now have your card info.

I would contact Callaway and give them a heads up. They may have info on the dealer or other invesitgations that me be taking place.

Found this for you:

http://www.globalgolf.com/golf-artic...clubsfake.aspx

And this information frrom Callaway.

Quote:
Should you have a question, or require advice on how to purchase authentic Callaway Golf clubs, please call 800-588-9836, or email us at customerservice@callawaygolf.com.

Last edited by WaiverWire; 05-10-2010 at 10:45 AM.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
one of the many reasons to beware when buying via the net.

Don't want to worry you, but make sure you watch your card billing as they now have your card info.

I would contact Callaway and give them a heads up. They may have info on the dealer or other invesitgations that me be taking place.

Found this for you:

http://www.globalgolf.com/golf-artic...clubsfake.aspx

And this information frrom Callaway.
I contacted Callaway last week. The serial number on record for with them is for a set of left handed clubs. Callaway has been victimized more than any other golf equipment company and reportedly spend in excess of $20mper year fighting these issues. Not much they can do in a country that doesn't honor trademarked/copyrighted products.

The dealer said they will refund my payment if I ship the clubs back at MY expense. Over $200 via UPS. They also offered to give me another $60 off of the purchase price. Visa has credited my account; I may have a set of Callaway counterfeits for no charge.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:22 PM
WaiverWire

I would send them back COD