BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 06-09-2015, 07:47 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Default SCF Game 4 June 10 2015

Make it a 3 - 1 series, gentlemen. A score of 3 -1 would be just fine as well.
Old 06-09-2015, 08:25 PM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flycoon View Post
Make it a 3 - 1 series, gentlemen. A score of 3 -1 would be just fine as well.
Or a 4-2 score or 6-2 so it's even less nerve wracking. Though I'd take a 3-2 win as well. Think I'm going to tell my old man to watch something else... seriously has a enough heart problems already! lol.

As one Bolt mentioned in todays media session, try to get "greedy" and steal another one on the road. Part of me wants to see #FreeDrouin to give that bottom line a boost again, but part of me worries the Hawks would take advantage of the matchup and try to expose his defensive game... Coop might want to keep his 11-7 road winning formula... than again he might want to do a match up mind game again and put in Drouin.
Old 06-09-2015, 09:22 PM

I'm off work at 8PM, so this is one night that I'll be happy they don't drop the puck until 25 minutes late.
Old 06-09-2015, 10:28 PM
Cooper's Law

Blackheads will naturally be in max desperation mode, on top of feeling like they got screwed on the 'puck luck' last game etc., plus the bldg can be loud if the BH are winning, plus Bishop, plus would anyone be astounded if refs sort of...let the series be extended, so to speak.

Now that he's hurt it feels like the Bolts weathering the coming adversity begins and ends with Ben Bishop. I'd love to say I'm 100% confident in his ability to keep playing, maintain the razor focus, not give up the quick goal, stay healthy, and WIN two more despite whatever is bothering him. So there it is.

They should shoot a lot, get him some goal support for a change, silence the loudmouths, quit playing so F'ing safe, and they can take the so-called 'stranglehold', a word that better describes an 8-minute guitar solo (in one take! ) than any 3-1 series lead these days
Old 06-10-2015, 06:49 AM

Pretty, ugly, lucky... just get the W. Find a way.
Old 06-10-2015, 07:44 AM
Franz Jean's Goalie School

Apparentally the sun has turned to blood over Chicago, heralding the coming Lightningocolypse. http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hocke...hicago/2233052
Old 06-10-2015, 08:20 AM
The Chief's Canadian Ginger Ale

It's kind of funny if you follow the narative of the teams we have beaten in this years playoffs. It is all based on 'history'.

DET- We are a mature group and we have a rich history good enough to win this series.
MTL- "We swept them last year and have a more matured group after last years playoffs"
NYR- "Rangers havent lost a game 7 at home. The King is unbeatable in all past game 7's. Did I mention the Rangers dont lose game 7 at home?"
CHI- "We have a mature group; have been here before, not worried already came back in the past"

yada, yada.... each team is so adamant on using the past to justify why they will win the series. And each team thus far has had a wake-up call. Im not counting CHI out; but I see a trend developing. Maybe it's a good thing for them to be focusing on their history instead of who we are.

I think Bishop being hurt is a blessing in disguise. The boys know they will have to protect the net by not giving the puck to them. They subconsciously know they have to play offense to do so. We need to net the first one and we can steal another one.

Go Bolts!
Old 06-10-2015, 08:28 AM
Cooper's Law

How about an apuckolypse?

↑ 3-1 series lead = rapture
Old 06-10-2015, 08:35 AM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scobo_24 View Post
CHI- "We have a mature group; have been here before, not worried already came back in the past"

yada, yada....
Exactly. I hear the Rangers aren't real busy right now--they should call them and ask if they think the Blackheads being down 2-1 in the Cup Final for a third time will guarantee a third Cup because, you know, they have that history.
Old 06-10-2015, 08:39 AM
Cooper's Law

I think someone posted the stats on how the Blackhawks traditionally perform in 7 game series.

In games 1-3: 30-31 record(after last game)

In games 4-7: 44-14 record or some crazy ass stat.

The real Blackhawks show up in games 4 through 7. Beating them 3 games in a row would be absolutely astounding because of how good the Hawks truly are. Their Defensive depth and the forwards having to be cognizant of it, may be what keeps them winning the series, but they aren't going to go away quietly.

I expect to go back to Tampa tied 2-2. I'll be ecstatic if the Bolts manage to somehow shock the world by going up 3-1 in the series.