BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 10:08 PM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek28 View Post
The Paquette call was pure bullshit. He chipped the puck around Butcher and Butcher initiated the contact. Just because you lose a physical battle doesn't make something a penalty. If anything, it should have been interference on Butcher.
This is a biased interpretation of what happened on that play. Yes, Butcher interfered with Paquette, but Interference is not called in the playoffs in nearly the same manner it is in the regular season. Everyone knows this. Players included.

Dumptruck slewfooted the ever-loving-shit out of Butcher on that play. He swept the leg because he was frustrated about Butcher taking an angle and getting away with interference. It's undisciplined. It was selfish to do that 200' from your own net. This selfish, undisciplined play was compounded by Gourde/Killorn TMM.
The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense! - Brian Cox
Old 04-16-2018, 10:10 PM
Crispy's Notepad

Default return to triplets and give Point to Stamkos

neither Stammer nor Hedman looked like superstars or even interested in being a ssuuperstar worthy of media overhype. Still comes down to what Coop says, as Heddy goes so go the Lightning. Our PP with Heddy screwing up every possession turned the Devils into beast mode. Pure crap on the part of 77 and Stamkos needs to pay attention to Schneider since he has lost goal scoring ability. We slow down and don't move our skates with 91 on ice.

Devils have had our number most of the year and will continue to do so if they out effort us. I was not bothered by a bias in reffing, seemed to screw both sides equally and be incompetent without prejudice.

JT Miller is living to his Ranger playoff rep, so taking him away from Stammer might benefit him also.

I watched a lot of Bos v Tor and loved the Babcock move of putting speed on a line with Marleau and force him to match speed. Do the same for Stammer and similar success should follow IMO.
Old 04-16-2018, 10:28 PM
Brian Bradley's Pimp Blazer

Totally undisciplined Lightning. No flow when always on the PK. Hall needs to be a priority. Not sure why Boyle continually goes after Sergachev but it was entertaining. Boyle is really a non-factor any more due to his lack of speed. He only played 5:48 minutes. McDonagh or Girardi should have moved Maroon on tying PPG. Wednesday nite game should be fun.
Old 04-16-2018, 10:31 PM
Manon Rheaume Lookalike

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
....how about the penalty on Sergachev for absolutely nothing?

Jesus I'm so pissed. We should have finished this trash team when we had the chance.

Also, something that we can control.....1st line needs to get moving or be chopped up and moved around. I'd try and find a way to get Kucherov productive with the skilled wingers since Stamkos looks like he'd fit well on the fourth line
Stamkos seems to have lost his ability to maneuver...he cannot cut, stop, and move East-West which is not atypical for people coming back from torn meniscus injury...18-24 months for full recovery is not unheard of...

Old 04-16-2018, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeykShade View Post
This is a biased interpretation of what happened on that play. Yes, Butcher interfered with Paquette, but Interference is not called in the playoffs in nearly the same manner it is in the regular season. Everyone knows this. Players included.

Dumptruck slewfooted the ever-loving-shit out of Butcher on that play. He swept the leg because he was frustrated about Butcher taking an angle and getting away with interference. It's undisciplined. It was selfish to do that 200' from your own net. This selfish, undisciplined play was compounded by Gourde/Killorn TMM.
Here's the best video I could find (I'm not sure how to embed it, sorry): https://twitter.com/NJviDs/status/986057677276098560

So going off this video here is what happens:

1. Paquette chips the puck around Butcher
2. Butcher clearly is holding (no call) Paquette
3. Paquette has a lane around Butcher and tries to jump around him
4. Butcher interferes with Paquette jumping around him (again no call)
5. When Butcher pinches Paquette, his left skate is directly on Paquette's left skate and he get's knocked backwards. Unless there is another angle out there, I don't see anything in that video that looks like a sweeping the leg from Paquette. Both players already have their left skate off the ground once Paquette's right leg sweeps around and takes out Butcher. Looks to me like Butcher lost the physical battle and fell.
Old 04-16-2018, 10:33 PM
Manon Rheaume Lookalike

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxf9 View Post
Totally undisciplined Lightning. No flow when always on the PK. Hall needs to be a priority. Not sure why Boyle continually goes after Sergachev but it was entertaining. Boyle is really a non-factor any more due to his lack of speed. He only played 5:48 minutes. McDonagh or Girardi should have moved Maroon on tying PPG. Wednesday nite game should be fun.
My gut says the Bolts are going to play pissed off Wednesday...we shall see!

Old 04-16-2018, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek28 View Post
Here's the best video I could find (I'm not sure how to embed it, sorry): https://twitter.com/NJviDs/status/986057677276098560

So going off this video here is what happens:

1. Paquette chips the puck around Butcher
2. Butcher clearly is holding (no call) Paquette
3. Paquette has a lane around Butcher and tries to jump around him
4. Butcher interferes with Paquette jumping around him (again no call)
5. When Butcher pinches Paquette, his left skate is directly on Paquette's left skate and he get's knocked backwards. Unless there is another angle out there, I don't see anything in that video that looks like a sweeping the leg from Paquette. Both players already have their left skate off the ground once Paquette's right leg sweeps around and takes out Butcher. Looks to me like Butcher lost the physical battle and fell.
Yeah, that video isn't nearly descriptive enough of what happened. The broadcast showed it from the center ice opposite side looking in. We all saw it in the Discord chat when it happened.
The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense! - Brian Cox
Old 04-17-2018, 06:28 AM
Captain Poke Check

Stammer has not looked good this series. He is playing scared like he is afraid if he gets too physical he will get hurt more. Kuch is a turnover machine. As soon as he get the puck two Devils skate right at him and get the puck as he always tries a move around them and fails. On the PP, PLEASE stop the cross ice pass Stammer everyone on this planet knows you are going to try that.

I would say we need to cut down on penalties but with the refs calling phantom fouls how do you not commit a non-penalty penalty.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:06 AM
Steve F**king Yzerman

I'm sure Stamkos is still nursing/recovering from his lower body injury which kept him out of the last 3 games, so he does get a slight pass from me. It won't come out until either they win the Cup or get eliminated.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:12 AM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
....how about the penalty on Sergachev for absolutely nothing?
Youngsters out there won't recall when any ref who called a penalty like that in a Stanley Cup Playoff game would have been ridiculed to the point of early retirement

Good to see Stamkos put a puck in the net in a playoff game---yay

If NJ had Brodeur in net I'd be nervous. As it is, Bolts will wrap this series up in 5
Closed Thread