BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 11-30-2019, 04:58 PM
Cooper's Law

Default Lightning vs Hurricanes 11/30/19 7 P.M.

Cernak will be back off of suspension and McElhinney will be in net. Feels like a good game to start a win streak with.
Old 11-30-2019, 06:39 PM
Cooper's Law

Apparently Coburn is out indefinitely and Killorn is out tonight.
Old 11-30-2019, 07:25 PM
Eric Perrin's Dentist

Fire coooer ffs
Old 11-30-2019, 09:50 PM
Cooper's Law

Can we name Maroon as player-coach? At least he was willing to call out the bullshit reffing. Two blatant cross checking penalties missed on the 6 on 5.

If this team could finish we would of had 5-7 goals tonight.
Old 11-30-2019, 09:56 PM
Cooper's Law

Default Sleep walked

We slept through the 1st period and screwed up and gave up 3 goals. By the time we woke up the Canes were just playing hard D and making us do 1 and done in their end. We did not push the puck hard enough nor crash the net to get those greasy goals that we could have gotten against Reiner. We only played 40 minutes. We had 6 PPís and only scored 1 goal, you just canít do that. The boarding on Stammer should have been called, but that is not the reason we lost, again we only played 40 minutes in a 60 minute game you canít win that way.
Old 12-01-2019, 08:25 AM
Dave Mishkin's Larynx

Was at game, pathetic effort in first. I know it was a back to back and 3 games in 4 days....but I think they better get right quickly or the buzzards will be circling Cooper soon...

Getting knocked out of first round and then playing this bad for this long...something has to change...can't fire the players, especially with all the no trade clauses...
Old 12-01-2019, 08:42 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

I actually think the most entertaining thing was zo listing all the players with more points in november than tj in discord. With the goal last night, he tied jonathon bernier.
Old 12-01-2019, 09:51 AM
The Clymer-Olvestad Experiment

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
I actually think the most entertaining thing was zo listing all the players with more points in november than tj in discord. With the goal last night, he tied jonathon bernier.
How TJ can uncork that wrister on his goal last night, and also look like a huge flaming pile of dogshit for probably 45 minutes, in the same game, is mind boggling.
Old 12-01-2019, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
...and finally, at the last possible moment, overtook Andrei Vasilevskiy.
Old 12-01-2019, 11:40 AM

I am not one of those ďthe ref (league) favors other teams / hate the Lightning guys. I just think they are totally unable to do their jobs. Is it a lack of accountability, the competence of the officials, speed of the game, or a combination? I donít know, but I do know that they miss obvious calls each game.

In the past week, we have seen some egregious stuff. Cernak hits a guy with an elbow to the head, no call. Stamkos has his skates pushed out from under him and is lucky he didnít seriously injure himself. You all can add, but these were the 2 most obvious. It occurs nightly.

My radical solution? Put one guy on the ice and the other watching a video feed. Itís pretty clear from the Cernak hit, that the referee was screened at ice level. Getting a better view might help. Require the refs to discuss the call (it would have to be by radio if one is in the booth. Weíve seen too many, ďit looked like it had to be a call, so I called itĒ, even when it wasnít. Allow the official to ďpick up the flagĒ when the referee makes the wrong call. Take a cue from college football - use replays to eliminate the soccer injuries. There was a call last week where a player snapped back his head even though he wasnít touched. Eject any player that fakes to cut down on that nonsense.

I know the NHL doesnít want to slow down the game, but college football reviews a ton of stuff and I donít see anyone complaining. Oh, and put a time limit on reviews. If you canít tell in a minute, it isnít conclusive enough to over turn.

The NHL has a real problem and they need to address it - even if it means thinking outside the box. To say game after game that the refs are human (thatís questionable) and make mistakes isnít acceptable.

Iím not blaming the loss last night on the officials because we had numerous opportunities in the first on the pp, but it sure would have been an exciting finish if the correct call had been made and we had a 6 on 4. And isnít exciting finishes good for the league?