BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 12-03-2019, 02:39 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
far left candidate like Hillary Clinton.
You have got to be kidding.
Old 12-03-2019, 02:45 PM
Cooper's Law

She is far left for Donnie. She'd be on the conservative side of the Lib-Dem party in UK with quite a bit of Tory bleed over.

Either that or her politics align with Donnie's and this is how he tries to pretend he's a progressive, by defining Hillary as "far left" when she's really quite center-right to right wing in her policies. Socially she's center/left. Economically & Foreign Policy she's 100% neo-liberal conservative.
I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice... - MLK

Last edited by ZeykShade; 12-03-2019 at 02:53 PM.
Old 12-03-2019, 03:09 PM
The Clymer-Olvestad Experiment

Quote:
someone seen as a far left candidate like Hillary Clinton, Sanders or Corbyn.
Accurately quoting what DD said changes the meaning considerably as he didn't call her far left, he said she was seen as far left. Whether you, me, or anyone else thinks Hillary is far left (I agree with Zeyk's assessment, inasmuch as where Hillary sits on the left-right spectrum at least in her social policies and MIL support), she was successfully painted as far left to those who wanted to see her that way and used as an excuse not to vote for her. Which is what I read DD's point to be.

Last edited by dannybolt; 12-03-2019 at 03:17 PM.
Old 12-03-2019, 03:25 PM
Cooper's Law

Default Sanders Support in Kentucky

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Don't get me wrong. I don't think there's any world in which Sanders wins KY. I do think he'd outperform any other centrist you put up against Trump in many of the Trump states from 2016. He already polls much better than the other Dems among the Obama-Trump voters from 2016.

Also, recent polls from Texas head to heads against Trump have excluded Bernie because he makes the other candidates look bad.
I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice... - MLK
Old 12-03-2019, 03:38 PM

Quote:
I have a friend in the UK and he is also blown away by the cost of healthcare in the US.

So how do you explain Corbyn getting killed in the polls?

Voters in the UK (like the US) are looking for a center/left candidate. They want progressive programs, but will vote conservative (and lose those progressive programs) rather than vote for someone seen as a far left candidate like Hillary Clinton, Sanders or Corbyn.

If Labour had nominated a Tony Blair type candidate, they would be running away with this election.
I like how you snuck in Hillary there
Old 12-03-2019, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flycoon View Post
You have got to be kidding.
She is considered a far left liberal. She had the 11th most liberal voting record in the Senate. You all are so far left that you don’t see it. She was the architect of the health care plan under Clinton that was rejected by moderates.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...on-is-liberal/

Last edited by Donnie D; 12-03-2019 at 03:49 PM.
Old 12-03-2019, 03:42 PM
Cooper's Law

Default Means Testing Sucks Dicks

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2019/...rything-easier

Also, Pete sells his bullshit plan as "not sending millionaire's kids to college for free" and "not everyone wants a college education". The problem with his bullshit is, he expects you to not read Bernie's plan and see it also covers JuCos and Trade Schools.

He also doesn't want you to realize that his plan excludes all families making $100k a year or more, not just millionaires. So, if you and your partner are teachers, your kids can't go to college/trade schools for free tuition.

Last edited by ZeykShade; 12-03-2019 at 03:51 PM.
Old 12-03-2019, 03:55 PM
Cooper's Law

Default Bernie Blackout in Action

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2019/...sent-in-action

Another article regarding the topic of MSM coverage of the candidates. This is about PBS NewsHour and how they covered an update of the Democratic Primary candidates.
Old 12-03-2019, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeykShade View Post
https://www.currentaffairs.org/2019/...rything-easier

Also, Pete sells his bullshit plan as "not sending millionaire's kids to college for free" and "not everyone wants a college education". The problem with his bullshit is, he expects you to not read Bernie's plan and see it also covers JuCos and Trade Schools.

He also doesn't want you to realize that his plan excludes all families making $100k a year or more, not just millionaires. So, if you and your partner are teachers, your kids can't go to college/trade schools for free tuition.
So you are ok with raising the taxes of lower income individuals so that persons at 180% of median can send their kids to college for free?

$100,000 in California isn’t the same as $100,000 in Florida. Wouldn’t it be fairer to means test on percentage of median income in the area?
Old 12-03-2019, 08:53 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
DOJ: U.S. Representative Duncan D. Hunter pleaded guilty in federal court today to the major count in his indictment, admitting that he knowingly and willfully stole hundreds of thousands of dollars in campaign funds that he and his wife used to maintain their lifestyle.
https://twitter.com/jaketapper/statu...250058240?s=20

Another DubDub Republican bites the dust.