BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 12-02-2019, 03:04 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_narrow_way View Post
I'd say that Sanders isn't getting the attention he deserves either, especially with MSNBC.
Fox News viewers have a more favorable view of Sanders than MSNBC viewers.

Here's a thread someone compiled with sources and data regarding the MSM Sanders blackout.

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/co...nders/f9akdkw/

They do the same to Yang, only Yang isn't in the top 3 and sometimes tied with Biden in polling. It's remarkable the amount of negative or no coverage a frontrunner gets.
I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice... - MLK
Old 12-02-2019, 05:06 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_narrow_way View Post
I'd say that Sanders isn't getting the attention he deserves either, especially with MSNBC.
There is definitely bias against Sanders, but I'm not sure it's a lack of attention. For Yang, they just pretend he doesn't exist
Old 12-02-2019, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
Are any of them getting attention? It seems like the media is fixated on impeachment and Iowa is still more than a month away.

We are looking at 4 serious candidates. Bloomberg may become the 5th - that’s yet to be determined. The others are Just running in place.

The media is definitely prioritizing their ratings and hits on impeachment over Democratic candidate coverage.

With the money being pumped into his campaign and the number of individual donors, Yang isn't going anywhere. Even if ultimately it's just to set himself up for a cabinet position or to expose UBI to the general public for future campaigning, there is no reason for Yang to drop out.
Old 12-02-2019, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
The media is definitely prioritizing their ratings and hits on impeachment over Democratic candidate coverage.

With the money being pumped into his campaign and the number of individual donors, Yang isn't going anywhere. Even if ultimately it's just to set himself up for a cabinet position or to expose UBI to the general public for future campaigning, there is no reason for Yang to drop out.
He's in 7th place with 2.8% support. Whether he continues or not, he’s just running in place - he hasn’t gotten any traction in the last year.

Last edited by Donnie D; 12-02-2019 at 06:41 PM.
Old 12-02-2019, 06:54 PM
Cooper's Law

Default What if I told you they don't represent you?

https://theintercept.com/2019/12/02/...ro-act-unions/
I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice... - MLK
Old 12-03-2019, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
He's in 7th place with 2.8% support. Whether he continues or not, he’s just running in place - he hasn’t gotten any traction in the last year.
That’s 2.8% more than he has last year. He is making progress
Old 12-03-2019, 10:25 AM
Mattias Ohlund's Retirement Plans

Update from the North east, getting some snow in Portland Maine today.

Come up and enjoy the many craft beers and hit up Sunday River, about 90 minutes north of Portland, for some good skiiing this weekend.
Make sure and try their totally loaded bloody mary.
Old 12-03-2019, 12:45 PM
Cooper's Law

As the Tories attempt to privatize the NHS, this video of Brits reacting to US Healthcare costs is apropos.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...RmIYaFaI9e5OB8
Old 12-03-2019, 01:09 PM
Cooper's Law

Default Kamala Harris Dropping Out

She's ending her campaign. Likely good news for Warren. Think a lot of Kamala's voters have Warren as second choice.

Sanders the clear second choice for both Warren and Biden voters.

Buttigieg likely picks up a few of Harris' supporters as well.

Both Harris and, to a lesser extent, Warren have made errors. Harris never really figured out why she was running before she started running. Backtracked hard on Healthcare as well. She couldn't even handle the slightest criticism of her record as the Top Cop for CA.

Last edited by ZeykShade; 12-03-2019 at 01:13 PM.
Old 12-03-2019, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeykShade View Post
As the Tories attempt to privatize the NHS, this video of Brits reacting to US Healthcare costs is apropos.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...RmIYaFaI9e5OB8
I have a friend in the UK and he is also blown away by the cost of healthcare in the US.

So how do you explain Corbyn getting killed in the polls?

Voters in the UK (like the US) are looking for a center/left candidate. They want progressive programs, but will vote conservative (and lose those progressive programs) rather than vote for someone seen as a far left candidate like Hillary Clinton, Sanders or Corbyn.

If Labour had nominated a Tony Blair type candidate, they would be running away with this election.

Last edited by Donnie D; 12-03-2019 at 01:33 PM.