BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Talk

Old 09-13-2020, 06:27 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Send a message via AIM to Maverick9911

It may only be one game but the bandwagon bellyaching is gonna be nice and spicy this week.
Old 09-13-2020, 06:32 PM
Cooper's Law

I'm not really surprised that the offense has struggled with having no game reps. The defense has played pretty good outside of a couple plays/penalties. Donovan Smith is still awful and special teams continue to suck, but those things are pretty much given.
Old 09-13-2020, 09:34 PM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

That looked like a team with a new QB who didn’t have a preseason and played the hardest game on its schedule first. Mostly mental errors. They’ll be a lot better a month from now.

And of course galaxy brain Sean Payton burns a gadget play when the game was pretty much over already just to show everyone how smart he is.
Old 09-13-2020, 10:01 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

I agree that game pretty much went how I expected. It would've been nice to be surprised but not gonna panic yet.
Old 09-13-2020, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flycoon View Post
Brady has looked as good as Jameis.
Looked like a good team trounced then, I think we will see better sooner than later
Old 09-14-2020, 09:11 AM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Send a message via AIM to Maverick9911

One of these days I would love to know the real story as to why Donovan Smith is still starting on this team. Hubris? Mismanagement? Both? He couldn't protect Jameis to save his life and so even in this weird offseason when the team magically decided that shoring up the line to protect the quarterback was a necessity, they still kept him??

Boggles the mind.
Old 09-14-2020, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick9911 View Post
One of these days I would love to know the real story as to why Donovan Smith is still starting on this team. Hubris? Mismanagement? Both? He couldn't protect Jameis to save his life and so even in this weird offseason when the team magically decided that shoring up the line to protect the quarterback was a necessity, they still kept him??

Boggles the mind.
He's terrible. Move Wirfs there and put a body at RT. Looks like another case of the GM refusing to admit a mistake and move on; pretend he is a wasted draft on a PK.
Old 09-14-2020, 10:42 PM

He’s not THAT bad. But I have been saying since he first donned pewter – and scouts said the same when he was drafted – that he might be better suited for right tackle and perhaps best suited to be a guard.

This is why I was so excited to get Wirfs. I watched tape of him a year and a half ago after his junior year at Iowa when he was projected to be a first round pick. I was wishfully thinking we could draft him and then we frankly got lucky he fell to us. But the real reason for excitement is that Wirfs has true left tackle skills and athleticism. Don Smith has never had the athleticism and he’s tragically inconsistent (still not a total dog as some fans think).

Anyway, the Bucs signed Smith to a perfect contract. His guaranteed money is gone after this year. So we can groom Wirfs to take over at LT and then simply draft a RT next spring. And BTW, it’ll only take a couple more bad games or complete whiffs by Smith to a) get Tom Brady killed; and/or b) get his fat ass moved to RT.
Old 09-20-2020, 01:28 PM

Bucs up 21-0 at the half that's way more like it!
Old 09-20-2020, 02:54 PM
Cooper's Law

Three drops today that should of been TD's. Inexcusable.