BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 10-18-2017, 08:21 AM
Cooper's Law

Send a message via AIM to Jester47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scobo_24 View Post
That said.. drop sustr, play koekkoek and keep sergachev up. Let him play and learn.
My only concern with that is ice time... you have two young guys who need it to develop but when they are splitting it between the two it's unfair to both. At some point this season, not saying it has to be soon (although I would prefer it), I believe they have to commit to one or the other.

If Sergachev isn't sent back then I believe the writing is on the wall for Koekkoek as I don't see this coaching staffing willing to sit any of the vets to play him. If it were me, I would sent Sergachev back down, get the 2nd round pick and play Slater. They need to see what they have in their former 1st round pick (if they haven't made up their mind already) before writing him off.

Last edited by Jester47; 10-18-2017 at 08:28 AM.
Old 10-18-2017, 08:44 AM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

I think it would have been better for us to not have that penalty at the end of the third carry over to the OT, to where it became a 4 on 4 for nearly four of the five minutes of overtime. With more open ice, I think we are a better team being 3 on 3 than 4 on 4 and would have prevailed in overtime. But still kinda OK getting a point on the road in the 2nd of a back to back, and 3rd game in 4 days.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:30 AM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scobo_24 View Post
You are also comparing him o Vasy’s lateral movement which is best or top 2 in the league.
No, I'm not. I'm comparing him to a standard for competent backup goalies that I wish we had. I thought all of the first three goals were soft. Y'all can make excuses for the guy, but just remember who's been sounding the alarm about Boooodaj since he first got here. It's like Nabokov 2.0.
Old 10-18-2017, 11:40 AM
Paul Kennedy's Cue Cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed View Post
No, I'm not. I'm comparing him to a standard for competent backup goalies that I wish we had. I thought all of the first three goals were soft. Y'all can make excuses for the guy, but just remember who's been sounding the alarm about Boooodaj since he first got here. It's like Nabokov 2.0.
The last one wasn't great either, he had kind of awkward positioning on the inital save which led to a juicy rebound.
Old 10-18-2017, 01:03 PM
Cooper's Law

Why is it so fucking hard to find a decent backup?? Plenty of other teams regularly have no problem.
Old 10-18-2017, 01:30 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed View Post
Why is it so fucking hard to find a decent backup?? Plenty of other teams regularly have no problem.
At some point you need to question the team playing in front of the backup. Our defense has been worse this year. If we have the same starter as probably 25 teams I'm not sure we have more than 2 wins. Vasi is making this team look a lot better on defense than they are.
Old 10-18-2017, 01:49 PM

We had one of the best backups in the league in the past couple seasons. Then we made him the starter.
Old 10-18-2017, 03:05 PM

“You don’t even have to commit a crime, to lose your job in this constitutional republic. Impeachment is not about punishment. Impeachment is about cleansing the office. Impeachment is about restoring honor and integrity to the office.” Lindsey Graham