BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 11-12-2017, 10:02 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

The Lightning have 2 needs in my opinion. The aforementioned right d. Someone with some better skating ability than the RHD currently on the roster.

The second thing they need is a right winger to play with TJ and Killorn.
Old 11-12-2017, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
The Lightning have 2 needs in my opinion. The aforementioned right d. Someone with some better skating ability than the RHD currently on the roster.

The second thing they need is a right winger to play with TJ and Killorn.
Ben Thomas?
Old 11-12-2017, 03:26 PM

#TBLightning GM Steve Yzerman is in attendance to see the #NHLJets for the 2nd time in as many nights. Was also in Vegas last night. Wouldn't read too much into it, but certainly noteworthy. Jets are in Tampa early next month.

Ken Wiebe. Jets beat Writter.
Old 11-12-2017, 04:44 PM
Cooper's Law

Default Erne

Adam Erne might be the guy to go with TJ and Killer. He has the speed to keep up with TJ and a nasty streak to complement Killer, he also can score.
Old 11-12-2017, 07:46 PM
Mighty Mite

Hard to argue with that one...Other thoughts folks?
Old 11-13-2017, 08:52 AM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Send a message via AIM to Jester47

To me Killer and Erne are a similar player types... I would want someone who would be more of a compliment. If JT Brown had retained any of the scoring touch he had much earlier in his career, he would be a perfect fit... if your looking at the Crunch, maybe a Yan, Joseph, or a "down the road" Volkov. I should also point out that Conacher has 6 goals on the year, which hasn't translated but on the 3rd line, maybe?!?!?

BTW, please don't read I don't like Erne out of this, I love the kid... at the start of the year I wanted him to REPLACE the Killer from last season!
Old 11-13-2017, 12:41 PM
Paul Ysebaert's Kwik Pick

I'm of the same thinking as Jester.
Killorn and TJ both lapse into passengerhood if they don't have somebody like Kucherov, Palat, Point or Stamkos to drag them along. I don't think there's anyone on the current bottom 6 that can do that, and under no circumstances should either of the top two lines be broken up while they are as white hot as they are.

Callahan from 3 years ago could do it, but sadly, Callahan today can't, as was evidenced earlier in the season, when Cooper tried him on the 3rd line.

I've been pining for Erne, but I don't think he's that guy either. Like Jester mentions, I think he's a better replacement for Killorn than anything. My hope is that Cirelli or Mitchell Stephens can expedite their development and make it to the show by the end of the year, because from what I've read, they are the line engine player type.

Last edited by dannybolt; 11-13-2017 at 12:53 PM.
Old 11-13-2017, 12:50 PM

Might need to trade for that guy, someone with some offensive upside, maybe a playmaker.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:24 AM
Rick Dudley's Hairpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester47 View Post
... If JT Brown had retained any of the scoring touch he had much earlier in his career, he would be a perfect fit...
As an NFL player, most he's had was 8. Until his last goal I thought his nickname was "Hands-of-Stone"!
Old 11-15-2017, 12:24 AM
Steve Ludzik's Leisure Suit Vest

Double shifting Kucherov looked good against Anaheim. Cooper has liked 11 and 7 format for years. No changes to present group with the way they are playing. Right now Bolts have 2 electric lines, extremely responsible 4th line and a rotating third line of which 2 getting PK and PP time. D has 4 vets, 3 youths and Sustr. Transition game and rushes on California trip were very impressive and they keep varying the PP. Agree with Pete on Stamkos, stern and focused on the task at hand. To date Girardi and Kunitz have been pieces of the puzzle that fit well. Yzerman doing his due diligence scouting teams for possible help. Lightning have a lot of young talent on farm but at present they do not need top six forwards and always need more D especially good skating D. Still think Jacob Trouba may be in play.