BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > The Draft

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 08-17-2018, 07:59 AM
Alex's Avatar
Alex Alex is offline
Steve F**king Yzerman
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 2,622
Default

I went to hockeydb to check out the 2014 draft, and who the Bolts could have drafted instead; call it masochism, if you will. While there I checked out the 2011 draft and I didn't realize Adam Wilcox played in a game for the Sabres last year. That means all of Yzerman and Murray's picks from 2011 made the NHL.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 08-17-2018, 09:34 AM
dannybolt's Avatar
dannybolt dannybolt is offline
Mighty Mite
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Pete
Posts: 1,253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
I went to hockeydb to check out the 2014 draft, and who the Bolts could have drafted instead; call it masochism, if you will. While there I checked out the 2011 draft and I didn't realize Adam Wilcox played in a game for the Sabres last year. That means all of Yzerman and Murray's picks from 2011 made the NHL.
2011 was an amazing draft; coupled with the Johnson FA signing (that was 2011, right?), I'd argue the best year for scouting in our history. Murray really earned his paycheck that year.
__________________
Ondrej Palat fan club member
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 08-17-2018, 09:44 PM
Alex's Avatar
Alex Alex is offline
Steve F**king Yzerman
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 2,622
Default

They really came into the organization with a bang. Conacher, Sustr, and Brown were around that time, too. We forgot about The Cowboys very quickly.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 08-18-2018, 08:47 AM
RSchmitz's Avatar
RSchmitz RSchmitz is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,808
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
They really came into the organization with a bang. Conacher, Sustr, and Brown were around that time, too. We forgot about The Cowboys very quickly.
Snagging Palat with the fourth from last pick of the draft is the steal of the decade.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 08-18-2018, 09:59 AM
Alex's Avatar
Alex Alex is offline
Steve F**king Yzerman
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 2,622
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
Snagging Palat with the fourth from last pick of the draft is the steal of the decade.
A bit of fun. Starting three years back since players are still developing, I went through years 2005-15 to see what 7th rounders have been possibly, potentially better than Palat. Not a long list.

2006 - Patrik Hornqvist, Anton Stralman
2007 - Carl Gunnarsson
2008 - Jason Demers
2009 - Erik Haula
2010 - Fredrik Andersen (although he wasn't signed by CAR and went back into the draft).

Of that list, I'd really only want Stralman over Palat. Good thing that's not a decision that's needed.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2008, BoltProspects.com. All Rights Reserved.