BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 04-08-2014, 09:16 PM
Cooper's Law

Default Nice

Excellent hard nose victory. Lindback very good in net tonight and Palat is just golden. We played 60 minutes of hockey, we continue to play this way and we will be very dangerous in the playoffs. So nice to be able to eliminate the leafs.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:18 PM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

If Ben is out for awhile, would it be possible to sign Vasya after his season is over or would his contract in the KHL still be in the way somehow?
Old 04-08-2014, 09:20 PM
Jay Feaster's Cheeto Encrusted Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeykShade View Post
If Ben is out for awhile, would it be possible to sign Vasya after his season is over or would his contract in the KHL still be in the way somehow?
Unless he has signed the one year extension he is free to sign his ELC at the end of his season. But I don't know if SFY will waste an entire year of Entry level money on a handful of games.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:23 PM
Super Moderator

Now that it won't jinx anything, I can say that Lindy had a good, solid, calm game. Gave us what we needed tonight.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:34 PM
The Bulin Wall

Good for Lindback, we played a complete game tonight, we cannot ask for much more.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:14 PM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeykShade View Post
Well it would but he can't sign an ELC till the first of May. KHL contracts run until the last day in April so technically he will still be under contract with Ufa till April 30th.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:16 PM
The Chief's Canadian Ginger Ale

I was thoroughly impressed with our defense tonight; was at the game and watched them intently. They kept kessel on the outside and little open room; kept shots wide and lane clear for Lindy. Strongest defense I've seen in a long time.

Secondly hats off to lindback, in the midst of everyone having no faith in him, coming in cold, etc... Strong strong outing with some huge saves. Way to go bud.

I've come to the conclusion with 2 things...
1) Ben bishop is more fragile then fine china, dude gets hurt almost weekly.
2) whatever line palat plays on... Is golden. Regardless dude is a beeaaa
ssstttt
Old 04-08-2014, 10:38 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

By the way Bishop had his head resting almost on his right shoulder I would not be surprised if he broke his collarbone. This is a huge lose, or maybe not.

As much as I have been hoping Lindback would not be back next season he now has the time to do his thing. I saw ride him the final 3 games as he certainly should be well rested. Tonight we saw what he is capable of doing. He was sound and square to the puck all night. Most importantly he gave up very few rebounds. This was the type of game that he can only build on.

The way I see it this post season is for the kids to see how much the NHL post season teams can step it up and take the game to a whole new level. Just giving them several games at this level will be a great learning experience and I hope one that will cause all to work their butts off in the off season so they can be ready for the 2014-2015 post season and be able to make a deep run.

I loved the first 3 lines tonight. The were very very good all night long. The Johnson, Palat and Stamkos line is just sick.

The Pyatt line was also very good.

Malone looks to be the odd man out. A scratch once again. Purcell was just slow on the 4th line, but they also had some very good chances.

Thus I think Malone and Purcell will be gone. You can try and trade both for picks at the draft, but if you can only unload one then you can buyout the other.

Any way, the streets should be less congested tomorrow with all those Leaf fans heading back north and waiting for the greens to thaw.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:45 PM
BP Staff

I suspect Gudlevskis is a far more realistic option for the Lightning than Vasilevskiy, although it's nice to dream he's just going to show up and magically save the day.

This reminds me a lot of how Puppa broke down at the finish line in '96 from the workload. Puppa was suffering from regular bouts of dehydration AND the bad back by the end of the '95-'96 Vezina finalist campaign. Bishop hasn't looked anywhere near right since before the Olympics break and there have been times he's looked close to damned near keeling over from mental/physical exhaustion. Is that why he got hurt tonight from falling on his wrist/elbow/shoulder? Maybe not, but it is probably the main reason his play has tailed off.

Now, there's opportunity in potential disaster here. The team has the chance to get back to playing system hockey rather than freelancing all over the place and relying on Bishop to cover up mistakes. The good thing about Lindback in net is the team seems to focus more on simplifying their game and minding their details in front of him, because they know mistakes are more likely to turn into goals against. And, for Lindback, this is potentially an opportunity for him, as an RFA, to make a statement he can be an NHL starting goaltender and to make himself several hundred thousand dollars more on his new deal either from the Lightning or from a trade partner who gets interested in Lindback.

So, yeah, it sucks, but so did Stamkos breaking his leg and so did Marty demanding to be traded. This team's been excellent at overcoming adversity and even if Bishop is essentially done for the season, there's still an opportunity to spin crap into gold.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:26 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Vasi just doesn't make sense to me as the Crunch are pretty much out of it if memory serves me correctly so why have him sitting around doing nothing and waste the year ELC. Palat at this point is the glue for this team, dare I say it, maybe more than Bishop has been for the past month+. He is instantly making whoever he plays with better. Guy is blowing me away, keep that line with TJ and Stamkos in tact the rest of the season, they are just nasty.