BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 05-05-2014, 05:26 PM
The Bulin Wall

When Callahan scored, there was a certain song played.. Anyone know what it was?

I'm pretty sure it was not the oh oh oh oh oh oh ohhhh song like most of the other people.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:51 PM
Vaclav Prospal Survivalist

Going back to Cali - LL Cool J
Old 05-05-2014, 06:29 PM
The Bulin Wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acehawk74 View Post
Going back to Cali - LL Cool J
Much appreciated.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:34 AM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerOfGlove View Post
When Callahan scored, there was a certain song played.. Anyone know what it was?

I'm pretty sure it was not the oh oh oh oh oh oh ohhhh song like most of the other people.
What's that? Led Zeppelin's D'yer Mak'er?? "...you don't have to go oh..." pretty appropriate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
Not sure it means anything but a pic of Callahan was made the new cover photo for the team's Facebook page.
If it's anything like having an enlarged photo on the side of the building, it means he's outta here
Old 05-14-2014, 11:09 AM
Cooper's Law

We've already totally won the Callahan-St. Louis trade , BUT I'm wondering now more than ever if it wouldn't be wise for Yzerman to be conservative in his offer to Callahan. In other words, get him at a price that makes sense for our long-term salary structure or let him walk away knowing that we would keep our 2015 second-rounder (thereby keeping our boatload of assets and also twisting the knife a little further into the Rangers).

I know there's not a lot for this thread to accomplish until we see the terms of an actual offer, but I'm still fascinated by this situation. Callahan looked phenomenal in his regular-season tryout with the Bolts but didn't make a big impact in the playoffs (not that I'm giving him one ounce of blame for an entire team letdown). But you can't deny that the postseason is where a tough, physical leader like Callahan was supposed to really pay off, and instead I am still left wondering if he's worth big money or if any old (preferably not old) gritty third-line guy could fill that role in future Tampa Bay postseason runs.

Knowing that our franchise priority should be more focused on a dramatic blueline makeover (think 2 new top-4 dmen), I'm leaning back to Yzerman offering Callahan four years @ $5M. It's not the raise or term Cally is looking for, but I'm confident it would be a very competitive offer and still make the Lightning a viable option even if he chose free agency. Although I'm not sure if he chose to be a UFA and then signed with us if we would still owe that 2nd-rounder to New York. Anyone?
Old 05-14-2014, 11:12 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed View Post
We've already totally won the Callahan-St. Louis trade , BUT I'm wondering now more than ever if it wouldn't be wise for Yzerman to be conservative in his offer to Callahan. In other words, get him at a price that makes sense for our long-term salary structure or let him walk away knowing that we would keep our 2015 second-rounder (thereby keeping our boatload of assets and also twisting the knife a little further into the Rangers).

I know there's not a lot for this thread to accomplish until we see the terms of an actual offer, but I'm still fascinated by this situation. Callahan looked phenomenal in his regular-season tryout with the Bolts but didn't make a big impact in the playoffs (not that I'm giving him one ounce of blame for an entire team letdown). But you can't deny that the postseason is where a tough, physical leader like Callahan was supposed to really pay off, and instead I am still left wondering if he's worth big money or if any old (preferably not old) gritty third-line guy could fill that role in future Tampa Bay postseason runs.

Knowing that our franchise priority should be more focused on a dramatic blueline makeover (think 2 new top-4 dmen), I'm leaning back to Yzerman offering Callahan four years @ $5M. It's not the raise or term Cally is looking for, but I'm confident it would be a very competitive offer and still make the Lightning a viable option even if he chose free agency. Although I'm not sure if he chose to be a UFA and then signed with us if we would still owe that 2nd-rounder to New York. Anyone?
Exactly how I feel.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:24 AM

I think they wrote the deal so all that matters is that he plays for us for them to get the pick (which means no sign and trade shenanigans either) Not sure.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:06 PM
Steve Downie's Kisses

I understand people are disappointed in Calahan's playoff stats, however the thought that he was invisible or wasn't a leader is a false narrative IMO. He was consistently doing exactly what Calahan does...hit, camp in front of the net, and play PK. I saw at least one occasion where he remained on the ice after a period to "talk" to the officials (basically plead why a call should or shouldn't have been made). My point is, sure he didn't put up the points but it was an extremely small sample size and he wasn't the "non-factor" I have seen many refer to him as. He just didn't factor on the score sheet.

Everything is relative but for me I'd be ok with a 6/$30M type of deal. The real kicker for me is whether he asks for and/or gets a NMC/NTC. That is where Yzerman's real dilemma will kick in
Old 05-14-2014, 12:07 PM
Steve Downie's Kisses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
I think they wrote the deal so all that matters is that he plays for us for them to get the pick (which means no sign and trade shenanigans either) Not sure.
Wonder if there is language stating we can't trade his rights?

Sign and trade only applies if someone is willing to go 8 years for Calahan which I highly doubt
Old 05-14-2014, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uf1910 View Post
Wonder if there is language stating we can't trade his rights?

Sign and trade only applies if someone is willing to go 8 years for Calahan which I highly doubt
Pretty sure that is illegal under the terms of the CBA. If I'm understanding it correctly if we trade his rights and that team signs him then they forfeit their 2nd rounder to the Rangers so that would hurt what we could get for his rights if a deal can't be reached.