BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 10-20-2017, 11:20 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Can't imagine he goes down this game aside. Didn't see him with Montreal last year, but it sounded like he looked like he belonged then, and he definitely does now.
Old 10-20-2017, 11:23 AM
Mighty Mite

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
He told his billet family from Windsor Tampaís not sending him back. IMO thatís a tell that Yzerman already told him heís staying with the big club.
The kid has not disappointed, in any sense. And two rockets from the blueline pretty much cemented his case in my mind. It'd be downright silly to send him back to Windsor, to say nothing about how pissed off (rightly so) he'd be.
Old 10-20-2017, 11:58 AM
Guy Boucher's One-Three-One

Does anyone think that Sustr would get picked up if they placed him on waivers to that they could play Slater K more? And if we lost him, is it such a huge loss? I can see the argument of not losing him for nothing, but he's not worth much more than nothing right now...
Old 10-20-2017, 01:24 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutznboltz View Post
Does anyone think that Sustr would get picked up if they placed him on waivers to that they could play Slater K more? And if we lost him, is it such a huge loss? I can see the argument of not losing him for nothing, but he's not worth much more than nothing right now...
I have no problem with losing him for nothing. Cernak is arguably better than Sustr right now and is available for a call up in the event of injury.
Old 10-20-2017, 01:59 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
The kid has not disappointed, in any sense.
I'm not as enamored with his performance to date. I had hoped we could safely play him 18 minutes a night and he's not anywhere near that yet. I don't think his awareness/positioning are quite where I'd hope and I think his passing looks a little too indecisive and tentative often because he's not sure where he should go with the puck in his decision-making process. Hopefully the game slows down for him at some point this year and he improves in those areas. With all that said, he skates well enough that it has atoned for some sins so far.

Either way, we need Sergachev or Koekkoek to eventually step up and fill second pair minutes, and the other of the two to provide quality depth.

This message is hidden because WaiverWire is on your ignore list.
Old 10-20-2017, 04:26 PM
Chris Gratton's Ruby Slippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
I'm not as enamored with his performance to date. I had hoped we could safely play him 18 minutes a night and he's not anywhere near that yet. I don't think his awareness/positioning are quite where I'd hope and I think his passing looks a little too indecisive and tentative often because he's not sure where he should go with the puck in his decision-making process. Hopefully the game slows down for him at some point this year and he improves in those areas. With all that said, he skates well enough that it has atoned for some sins so far.

Either way, we need Sergachev or Koekkoek to eventually step up and fill second pair minutes, and the other of the two to provide quality depth.
I think we might see the same thing happen with KK and Serg as we saw with point where they are good but take a big step forward some point this season.
Old 10-20-2017, 06:36 PM
Steve Ludzik's Leisure Suit Vest

Default Sergachev and musings

Is there really any doubt Sergachev is staying with the big club! Other than Hedman Bolts have no D that can shoot like this kid. The skill, size, shot and skating are all there, experience is the missing factor and being in Windsor will never replace partnering with Stralman. There is no one to replace him. Sustr simply needs to go. He has no foot speed, no reflexes and extremely slow reaction time. That penalty he had in New Jersey was a killer. Cannot get a handle on why Koekkoek does not get more ice time. Kucherov did not look happy on the bench in the last minute in Columbus, but I've never seen him as a selfish player. He may have set a fire under Killorn in the summer. Start for Bolts terrific but lots of work to do. Games 20-60 will be the real test. Great to have Eddie Olczyk back.
Old 10-21-2017, 08:09 AM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Send a message via AIM to Jester47

I just don't get the handling of Koekkoek. I think back to the way he played a couple of years ago when given the IT and it makes no fracking sense. Maybe after that season when he got demoted in favor of the Sustrs of the world it prompted the kid (or his agent) to ask for a trade to a team that would give him a fair shot or something (I would have) and this is his punishment?!?!?

Too bad no one in local media has the balls to ask the question...

Last edited by Jester47; 10-21-2017 at 08:18 AM.
Old 10-21-2017, 06:31 PM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Seems the Bolts are playing Sustr to showcase him for a trade. Only problem with that is Vegas has 10 dmen on its roster, some of whom are surely more enticing than our plush giraffe.