BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 01-11-2019, 04:09 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek28 View Post
https://twitter.com/SaraCivian/statu...63206390497280

This is the only one I could find. It was pretty much incidental contact from Killorn, but McKegg still slashed him in retaliation. Killorn actually went down after taking the slash which the video doesn't show.
Awesome, thanks dude. Yeah, I saw him go down but I didn't see what happened until this. Killorn just rubbed him out on the boards. Happens all the time. Good call, refs.
Old 01-12-2019, 09:28 AM
Cooper's Law

I'd like to see a rule modification where a guy leaving the ice through a doorway that just happens to be on the "offside side" of the line can't negate a goal scored. Sick of celebrating goals, then "Ha ha, fooled ya!"

Leave it as an offside call if it's caught during game action; but make the exception for when a goal is scored. Johnson did not affect that play any more than the guys already sitting on the bench.

That said, if they aren't going to do it for serious fouls, they should completely abandon going back in time after a goal to challenge this or that perceived infraction.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:35 AM
Cooper's Law

Yeah, I'm not pleased with so many goals being called back because of players on the periphery of the play who have nothing to do with the play being offside.
Old 01-12-2019, 12:06 PM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

They need to do something like soccer where offside players donít count if they are not involved in the play.
Old 01-12-2019, 12:14 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Yeah that's what I was saying when it happened. It's one thing if Johnson was skating towards the net in any way, occupying defenders or potentially receiving a pass or rebound, but in this case he was completely passive.

Either that or put the dang doors in the neutral zone, lol.
Old 01-12-2019, 12:25 PM
The Clymer-Olvestad Experiment

I absolutely detest the fact of a "review" of offsides, in any situation. Linesmen rarely miss an obvious offsides. It's irrelevant and needlessly holds up play. Just get rid of it!!!
Old 01-12-2019, 01:21 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

We just have to wait until Toronto or Montreal get robbed of a critical goal due to a review for them to get rid of it, just like that Kucherov goal against Montreal got us the review to begin with.
Old 01-13-2019, 12:09 AM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
Either that or put the dang doors in the neutral zone, lol.
That's probably the biggest head-scratcher. Why don't they move the doors all the way into the neutral zone?
Old 01-20-2019, 10:18 AM
Cooper's Law

Agreed. Unless I'm mistaken, the feature of a door being on this or that side of the line is not consistent through all 31 rinks and so should not be allowed to be a factor in goals scored (the entire point of the hockey game, let's not forget). Players uninvolved in the play and leaving the ice shouldn't even be called offside ever, really, but I'd cut the linesmen a break and stand for that, as long as it couldn't be used to erase a legal goal.

No one has yet advanced any rational case for NOT using the replay to negate goals scored seconds after a serious foul was missed, as opposed to just offside or goalie interference. It defies logic. (The "takes too much time" excuse is weak.) The rule is fatally flawed, both conceptually and practically.