BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Talk

Old 12-09-2018, 03:44 PM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Awful play calling killed us in this game. How many stupid toss runs are you gonna do on 2nd and long that go nowhere? A half-decent team would be winning in a blowout right now.
Old 12-09-2018, 03:53 PM

I don't know who all gets fired when the season ends, but the o-line coach needs to be at the top of the list
Old 12-09-2018, 04:42 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Send a message via AIM to Maverick9911

He can take Smith, Benenoch, and Dotson with him.

J.R. Sweezy couldn't have been worse than this.
Old 12-30-2018, 04:14 PM

I was getting nervous for a while. Thought for sure we were going to screw up our top 5 draft pick.
Old 12-30-2018, 05:11 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

I had faith in our defense.
Old 01-11-2019, 12:10 PM
Chad Schnarr's Twitter Finger

I remember kicking two 20 or 25 yarders for free tickets to the nosebleeds at the Thunderdome in the early 1990's...but this, what a deal....if you got game.

"Chicago Bears fans suffered a disappointing loss on Sunday after kicker Cody Parkey missed a 43-yard field goal attempt to end what had been a very promising season for the franchise. The high-stakes moment ended with Parkey's field goal hitting the goal post twice before falling short. The Bears lost 16-15.

Angry fans took to social media to vent their frustrations about the play, but Chicago brewery Goose Island quickly came to the athlete's defense. In fact, the company proposed a challenge to show how hard it is to successfully clear the infamous kick.

The popular brewery went on to detail the basic rules of the contest, and the factors that went into the unfortunate season ender.

Goose Island will erect the goal in front of its brewery at 1800 W. Fulton St on Saturday afternoon. Participation in open to anyone who signs up at the location and the official kicking starts at 1 p.m.

Anyone who successfully makes the kick will receive a free case of beer every week for a year." END QUOTE

https://www.yahoo.com/news/chicago-b...185919543.html
Old 01-11-2019, 01:27 PM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Are they going to have someone deflect the kick at the line of scrimmage, too? One of the Eagles linemen grazed the ball and knocked it ever so slightly off course.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:58 PM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

So that brewery in Chicago let 103 people try the 43 yard field goal today. They put up a offensive line sized fence at the line of scrimmage and a kicking pad in the middle of the road. Every single one of them missed it.
Old 02-18-2019, 02:36 PM
Chad Schnarr's Twitter Finger

Should Kaepernick go the the CFL now?
If I was him, I still want to play football while I can. While not totally out of the question, I have to think its doubtful that any NFL team takes a chance on him.
For some reason, the Patriots seem to love spare parts to integrate into their system and he may be a pretty good backup to Brady.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...=.dc8420f4b7d9
Old 02-18-2019, 04:31 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gphockey View Post
Should Kaepernick go the the CFL now?
If I was him, I still want to play football while I can. While not totally out of the question, I have to think its doubtful that any NFL team takes a chance on him.
For some reason, the Patriots seem to love spare parts to integrate into their system and he may be a pretty good backup to Brady.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...=.dc8420f4b7d9
He should hire a very good accountant, put about 3/4 of that settlement away in something that produces income, and use the other 1/4 to do activism or start a business or whatever else he wants to do with the rest of his life. There's zero reason for him to risk CTE when he's got that much money in the bank.