BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Talk

Old 10-13-2017, 03:03 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

But the problem from what people are saying is much bigger than the coach, and the USSF president will not step down, wants to be reelected, and is actually countering everything being said:

Quote:
Following the loss, Gulati did not seem committed to tear everything down. He said via ESPNFC:

“You don’t make wholesale changes on a ball being two inches wide or two inches in. We’ll look at everything.”
Old 10-13-2017, 03:15 PM
BP Staff

He's not necessarily wrong, but he's the wrong messenger at this point.

This message is hidden because WaiverWire is on your ignore list.
Old 10-13-2017, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
He's not necessarily wrong, but he's the wrong messenger at this point.
Wait you said it's time to blow it up. You can't blow things up without making wholesale changes.
Old 10-13-2017, 05:28 PM

Since we won't have any real competitive games for a while, Oscar Pareja might be good for identifying and developing some more young talent for the side. He's been pretty successful at FC Dallas and might have some ideas as far as how the system should change with academies and such.

I would hope after a couple years of learning MLS and our soccer pyramid that maybe Tata could step up to the plate by next WCQ. From everything I've seen in Atlanta he really does his homework and would give it an honest effort unlike Klinsmann.
Old 10-13-2017, 07:35 PM
BP Staff

To clarify: USA Soccer has spent a ton of money in the last 5-10 years developing their youth programs, and it's not wrong to say those need to be evaluated before you scrap those investments and start over. Most of the upper levels of the front office and technical staff and pretty much all of the veteran players need to be gone, though.

Tata's got to learn English. He was supposed to have been taking lessons when he got here, but I still haven't seen him say more than two words of it in public. A friend of mine thinks he's giving the media the okie doke, because if he feigns not knowing English he doesn't have to deal with that side of being a Manager. To be in charge of USA, though, he'd need to gain some level of proficiency in the language, I would think.

This message is hidden because WaiverWire is on your ignore list.
Old 10-15-2017, 08:44 AM

One of the(more crazy) proposals I read was for USSF to push for Ancelotti. He's a master tactician and his training sessions tend to be light which would be better for a national team than a club team.

Would break the bank but it's not like the USSF is hurting for money and it would make a statement that they're deadly serious about righting the ship.