BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 03-08-2011, 06:19 PM
Brett Connolly's Gum

Went to the game last night and I'm frustrated. I think the team played very well, and I think we won the game 2-1 in regulation, but I won't get into that...

We still have time to claim the Southeast, we're picking it up. We need to get out of this drought, our stars need to shine and our role players need to play their roles.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:39 PM
Cooper's Law

Default hood

I was on for like 3 minutes, and the guy's name was Bruce Hood, he was a ref in the 70's. the little dog said he didn't like the guy because he always seemed to hate the flyers, but was a good ref. anyway, Mr. Hood said the we had it right, that was a goal and bashed the refs. Duemig wants to have him on again. the problem is that this is not going to go away. The capsfans are caling us a bunch of divers...they should watch their own team, but I think Kowell bought boodreau's speech, hook line and sinker. but it is not like the guy hasn't refed but he has never been in a playoff series. Hope he never shows his face in tampa again, i never want him to ref one of our games again.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:43 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by aapbolt View Post
I was on for like 3 minutes, and the guy's name was Bruce Hood, he was a ref in the 70's. the little dog said he didn't like the guy because he always seemed to hate the flyers, but was a good ref. anyway, Mr. Hood said the we had it right, that was a goal and bashed the refs. Duemig wants to have him on again. the problem is that this is not going to go away. The capsfans are caling us a bunch of divers...they should watch their own team, but I think Kowell bought boodreau's speech, hook line and sinker. but it is not like the guy hasn't refed but he has never been in a playoff series. Hope he never shows his face in tampa again, i never want him to ref one of our games again.

Gotta give the dog some credit on this one--Kowall has had 588 games and not ONE playoff appearance. 21 guys selected to ref the first round and they guy has never been selected...pretty poor choice of talent to ref such an important divisional game, ain't it??? Wonder if Korharski will have a discussion with this guy..hope we don't get him for tomorrow night, Coach Boo will go ballistic.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:46 PM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Send a message via AIM to Maverick9911

Quote:
the problem is that this is not going to go away
I worry its just going to get worse. I still feel, and maybe I'm paranoid, that a lot of this has come to a boil after the Boston game where Steven mysteriously cross checked Greggie Poo and then they scored the winner on the ensuing PP. After some of our postgame comments, I've noticed that it has been much worse than the occasional Toronto video room screwjob here and there.

And for the Caps "fans" who were dead silent all game before jumping around like monkeys, shushing Lightning fans and hopping over seats when they tied it, have fun at the Hawks game claiming you're a die hard Tampa Bay fan. F*#$ers.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:21 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead View Post
Gotta give the dog some credit on this one--Kowall has had 588 games and not ONE playoff appearance. 21 guys selected to ref the first round and they guy has never been selected...pretty poor choice of talent to ref such an important divisional game, ain't it??? Wonder if Korharski will have a discussion with this guy..hope we don't get him for tomorrow night, Coach Boo will go ballistic.
That was a good find by Duemig or his staff, it's pretty damn telling!

I read somewhere today that Yzerman had a looooong talk with Koharski after the game...interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick9911 View Post
And for the Caps "fans" who were dead silent all game before jumping around like monkeys, shushing Lightning fans and hopping over seats when they tied it, have fun at the Hawks game claiming you're a die hard Tampa Bay fan. F*#$ers.
They probably have Toews jerseys too.

Last edited by Sotnos; 03-08-2011 at 10:15 PM. Reason: really bad grammar
Old 03-08-2011, 10:01 PM
Cooper's Law

Default credit

so true Puckhead, give the dog credit he got a great interview and that ws good info, plus he was right about the whole thing with this ref.. Boy I would have loved to hear the conversation between SFY and Koharski, that must have been something.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:03 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

They've won 4 games out of 16 since the new logo was introduced and plastered everywhere. Coincidence? Or have we entered the Leiweke Zone?
Old 03-08-2011, 11:20 PM
The Chief's Canadian Ginger Ale

ya i caught duemig talking about it today as well. he was livid and it was nice to see some of our perspective announced out loud.if anyone finds the link to him bashing the call in the opening segment please post it up on here. he said it would be on the site at 7pm but i still have not seen it
Old 03-09-2011, 07:47 AM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos View Post
I read somewhere today that Yzerman had a looooong talk with Koharski after the game...interesting.
Any idea where you read that? I'd be interested to see that article, especially if it wasn't just a one-and-done mentioning in an article about other items.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:35 AM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
They've won 4 games out of 16 since the new logo was introduced and plastered everywhere. Coincidence?
Good one DD

Usually any time the officials make another inconceivably horrid call (or horrid series of calls) that costs us another game, a choir pops up to chant the chorus "Blaming the refs is for losers, the Lightning should have done x, y and z, it's all on them." Glad to be supported this time by the likes of Bruce Hood, Coach Boucher and of course the GM SFY.

How f#&*ing hard would it be, really, to stop for a sec...run tape...and notice--hello!--Marty never touched the goalie! Easy call, good goal. Tweeet! Face-off at center.

Just like in regular daily life, this is another very easy problem to solve from a technological standpoint--but definitely not from a political one. There's some kind of politics in the way that says the referees must be sacrosanct and be officially hidden behind some shroud of infallibility like home plate umps--and like the so-called "War Room" (ugh) in Toronto. I call 'Massive BS'