BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Talk

Old 08-24-2012, 07:28 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Honestly, I may not watch Toronto now just because of Jones. I know, I kept saying it needed a headliner and it got it. But I really am debating every spending another $ on anything that has Jones' name on the marquee again. Had you told me a month ago that Sonnen would be the most beloved fighter in the UFC at one point, I would have laughed you out the building. Right now at this moment, I'm not sure that isn't the case.

Dana summed up my thoughts on Greg Jackson pretty when he said "The guy is a sport killer." Jones had a mixed bag about him already. Honestly, he could be costing himself in endoresements. If I'm Nike, I'm reconsidering that deal.

Last edited by BurnTHalO; 08-24-2012 at 07:30 AM.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:54 PM
Manon Rheaume Lookalike

Already paid for tickets long ago, so in the end it lost a big fight (Penn/MacDonald) but gained one as well. It's looking like a solid card at this point, I'm just hoping Belfort lands something that people can cheer about in the main event.

Champ Jon Jones vs. Vitor Belfort - for light-heavyweight title
Joseph Benavidez vs. Demetrious Johnson - for inaugural flyweight title
Michael Bisping vs. Brian Stann
Evan Dunham vs. T.J. Grant
Matt Hamill vs. Vladimir Matyushenko
Charles Oliveira vs. Cub Swanson
Charlie Brenneman vs. Kyle Noke
Vinny Magalhaes vs. Igor Pokrajac
Lance Benoist vs. Sean Pierson
Marcus Brimage vs. Jim Hettes
Seth Baczynski vs. Simeon Thoresen
Mitch Gagnon vs. Walel Watson

Hoping to at least get there before the Magalhaes fight.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:17 AM

REALLY needed that fight for the card. The fact that UFC 152 was not sold out just shows how ridiculously bad that card was (Toronto is as good at sellouts as anywhere in the world). I'll be sticking money on Vitor at those odds. If Vitor can get a punch or two on him, I think Jones could be in real trouble (though that is a big if).
Old 08-27-2012, 06:12 PM
Manon Rheaume Lookalike

I think the odds are appropriate but there's no reason not to throw money on Vitor, the guy is a finisher. I don't see him doing much at all to threaten Jones, but I'll keep my fingers crossed and get loud (as will the rest of the building) if he lands something significant. I do like this card a lot for betting purposes though, and the event's only half the fun of a UFC weekend.

In other news, UFC on FOX 5 added four more fights.

Brendan Schaub vs Lavar Johnson
Mike Swick vs Matt Brown
Henry Martinez vs Daron Cruickshank*
Tim Means vs Abel Trujillo*

*-Carried over from UFC 151

Last edited by Bouché; 08-27-2012 at 06:16 PM.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:14 AM

Not saying the odds are way off, but to me Vitor definately has a chance if we get old school Vitor (which we have seen what, once in the past few years against Franklin?).

Did you see what Jones wrote after this all went down. Something about carrying the cross for his company's decision? Dana has to be thinking of cutting this guy right now despite how good he is. I really have more dislike for this guy than any other fighter (including Bisping).
Old 08-28-2012, 12:29 PM
Manon Rheaume Lookalike

Jones and Ronda Rousey are probably my two least favorite fighters at this point. Dana would be crazy to cut Jones though, and I think they'll patch things up eventually.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:28 PM
Manon Rheaume Lookalike

Dana did an interview with Helwani on Fuel, and addressed some rumors.

GSP/Silva is probably going to happen at Cowboy Stadium if GSP beats COndit in November. The bout would take place at a catchweight of 180.

Both Weidman and Machida will have to fight at least once more before getting a title shot.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:50 PM
Manon Rheaume Lookalike

UFC 143 got hit with some injuries, so now the Aldo/Edgar fight is off, and Rampage is out of his fight with Glover Teixeira. Fabio Maldonado will step in to save that bout, while Big Nog vs Dave Herman was added to the main card.

As for the new main event...Anderson Silva vs Stephan Bonnar at 205.
Old 12-24-2018, 03:31 PM

So it's been a long time since this thread lived, but the story is too crazy to not bring up. Apparently jon jones has tested positive for traces of something he tested positive for a year ago. They say it is at levels consistent with what would be in his system from taking it a year ago, but Nevada said they wont sanction him to fight. So 6 days before the event, instead of replacing him like they usually do, they are moving the whole event to la (california said they will sanction). Fans have lost their mind (people from all over the globe are flying in for this event). Fans are getting ticket refunds, and tlno promise of tickets in la. Keep in mind the ufc only gives fighters 2 flights (they have 3 corner men on top of family) and one hotel room, so the extra costs will be paid for by the fighters. Also, some fighters are finding out during travel from the internet as the ufc did not contact them. Ufc just keeps looking worse and worse.