BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 04-10-2019, 08:50 PM
Dave Mishkin's Larynx

No excuse for the effort level out there in periods 2&3. Missing 1/3 of your normal starting D rotation doesn't help at all (especially if Girardi got banged up somewhere in there too?) but you have to be better than that. That should have been a blowout win against a team you have dominated all year and you blow it.
Old 04-10-2019, 08:50 PM
Franz Jean's Goalie School

I don't give two shits what this team did in the regular season. This is a loss on the players straight up to the GM. This whole team and coaching staff need a reality check. It's the playoffs. PLAY LIKE IT.

And Hedman. Jesus for being one of the top D men in the NHL he sure was undressed MULTIPLE times that game.
Old 04-10-2019, 08:51 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Mcdonaugh played 2 minutes LESS than his season average, and rutta played a minute more than cernak. Legit all I need to know about how this team treated this game.
Old 04-10-2019, 08:52 PM
Cooper's Law

Default Crap

We played like crap in the 2/3 and let CBJ outplay us. Did Cooper get out coached...looks that way from here. But I trust that this team learned a valuable lesson tonight, 62 wins mean nothing now. Remember last year Boston won game 1 then we won 4 in a row. Hopefully history repeats itself. I think we needed Coburn there tonight, we need to meet their tough stuff with our own. By the way their guy rolled Kuch at the end, hope Kuch was not hurt.

Last edited by aapbolt; 04-10-2019 at 08:55 PM.
Old 04-10-2019, 08:55 PM
Cooper's Law

Send a message via AIM to Jester47

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuchieMonster View Post
Thank goodness we locked up Cooper!
And I know... Hedman hasn’t played a game in a month and it sure as hell looked like it... he was a steaming pile of dog shit tonight.
Old 04-10-2019, 08:57 PM
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by aapbolt View Post
But I trust that this team learned a valuable lesson tonight
Doubt it, theyíve mailed in plenty of playoff games under Cooper and clearly havenít learned anything.
Old 04-10-2019, 09:00 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Well. That long wait to get to the playoffs is over. No more coasting.

They received notice that effort can certainly trump superior talent now. Get to work. Hedman looked tentative and a bit timid.
Old 04-10-2019, 09:00 PM
Cooper's Law

Default Ugh

Hope you are wrong TexasBolt, they can and should come back, one thing I noticed was how much CBJ was holding our guys and were always on them whether they had the puck or not. Our guys have to fight through that shit and make them pay...they did that in the 1st but did not continue in the 2/3.
Old 04-10-2019, 09:06 PM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuchieMonster View Post
Thank goodness we locked up Cooper!
Settle down, itís a series. They just wanted to make sure my prediction of Bolts in 5 is right.
Old 04-10-2019, 09:11 PM
BP Staff

They got the 3-0 lead and completely let their foot off the gas in the Second Period. Got dominated in the middle frame. Started to re-up their intensity level in the Third Period but then started making a series of brain cramps that led to their ultimate demise.

Most embarrassing Lightning playoff loss ever. Ever. If these guys don't walk away from that game indelibly scarred with the lesson that you have to play 60 minutes (and more if called upon) at playoff intensity at this time of year then God help them they deserve to go down as arguably the biggest chokers in NHL history.

It's a John Tortorella coached team. They're not going to care about your resume. The most the regular season standings are going to do is give them a paper cut from the print out. And now your record is 0-1 anyway. And this is why I don't give a rat's ass about regular season win totals and records and President's Trophies. Greatness in sports is ONLY validated by winning championships. Nothing else. And this team wasn't mentally prepared to play 60 minutes of playoff hockey like a champion even though they've had like two MONTHS to prepare for this night.

I'm embarrassed and I'm angry. Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard. It's no secret. There's no incredible magic formula. They played harder, longer than the Lightning did. No GD excuse for it. None.