BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 03-21-2019, 01:13 AM
Cooper's Law

How did Paquette earn an extra penalty in the scrum that Kempny got hurt in? Kempny started it by whacking Paquette in the head right in front of the refs.
Old 03-21-2019, 02:55 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Alex Killorn was bad tonight, but at least he wasn't Dmitry-Orlov-in-overtime bad.
Old 03-21-2019, 04:16 AM
John Grahame's Designated Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatwater View Post
Definitely, I'm betting the craps are extremely frustrated after this one. And honestly most of the goals they've scored these past two games have come off of flagrant turnovers or very fortunate rebound bounces right on the stick.

It's a terrible shame we let them get a point tonight. Would love to be responsible for a Craps>Pens first round match up.
We get another shot at beating them in regulation to push them back in the standings. But the Isle's will need to step up as they took it on the chin losing both Valtteri Filppula and Cal Clutterbuck to upper-body injuries in their game against the Bruins on Monday.

I did state Kemphy did get what he deserved for that cheap cross check to the face of Paquette. Yes, you never want to see some one go down like that but with all the crap the refs are letting go in these games it was bound to come and bite someone in the game. Better them than us.

Wilson is still looking to troll Cernak but he was smart all night WTG big boy.
Can Vasy give us 16 games like that in the playoffs? My oh My he is truly special. We better all hope the canadian dollar goes to parity to help pay for these boys in the next couple years.
Old 03-21-2019, 04:24 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Mike Milbury, on Gourde's fight against Vrana: "And here's Vrana, he's not a fighter. Groude.... he'll fight people he knows he can beat, which is smart."

Oh f*** right the f*** off.
That was the stupidest thing I ever heard. He also said gourde was a spot picker, further showcasing the idiot knows nothing about tampa. Oh, AMD of course stating vasi intentionally threw his stick into mcdonaugh for some weird reason.

I have no idea how killorn had more ice time than multiple players that game, and the refs sure tried to help the caps. But I'm encouraged that this team is not packing it up now that they have nothing to play for. It's a good sign.
Old 03-21-2019, 05:21 AM
John Grahame's Designated Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
That was the stupidest thing I ever heard. He also said gourde was a spot picker, further showcasing the idiot knows nothing about tampa. Oh, AMD of course stating vasi intentionally threw his stick into mcdonaugh for some weird reason.

I have no idea how killorn had more ice time than multiple players that game, and the refs sure tried to help the caps. But I'm encouraged that this team is not packing it up now that they have nothing to play for. It's a good sign.
6-2 in the last eight this team goes down as the BEST TEAM EVER with 63 wins. Never accomplished before and with the Cap restrictions in place unreal.

Will not be easy but next step is tonight against the Canes. They are a fast team and we might be a tad exhausted tonight. Hedman with 29ish and McD 25ish were the two with high Ice Time minutes tonight. Everyone else was 20 and under that's good. Sure wish they'd make better use of the speed of Joseph just over 7 minutes tonight. He just makes good plays out on the ice and is not afraid of playing in the corners see the Cirelli goal.

Might we see Martel in tonight to add some speed to the lineup?
Louis on the scooter in net tonight!!
Hattie from TJ and a 3 pack of assist from Kuch.

Last edited by goldenbolt; 03-21-2019 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Spelling errors!
Old 03-21-2019, 07:57 AM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
That was the stupidest thing I ever heard. He also said gourde was a spot picker, further showcasing the idiot knows nothing about tampa. Oh, AMD of course stating vasi intentionally threw his stick into mcdonaugh for some weird reason..
He must have it in his mind that Gourde is nothing but a shit stirrer, but picks his spots and picks on people below his weight class? Yeah, that's crap.
Old 03-21-2019, 08:34 AM
The Chief's Canadian Ginger Ale

ill complain for a sec and beat the dead horse.

1)
NBC:
*Tampa scored 4 goals in the 2nd and takes lead*
NBC in the intermission "Caps down by a goal" *while showing oshi goal
2)
https://twitter.com/NJviDs/status/1108545439526240259

3)
Don't wish anyone to be hurt but Kempny got what he deserved. Straight up crosschecked Pacqu in the face and got lit up for it. How we got a penalty on that is par for the course though.
4)
NBC:
criticizes the leading scorer in the NHL on a team that has already secured the President's trophy for not passing on a play and that we would have already won. They consistently complained about too much passing then not enough passing. Its as if we havent averaged over 4 goals a game all season.
5)
Wilson
Anyone keep an eye on him when the screen is panning away from the play? he flies his stick around and swings at people. That's why McDonagh went after him at the ned of the shift in the 3rd. He got checked and straight up swung at the back of Mcdonagh with the puck going down the ice. The hitting in the head of Cernak with his stick... Its comical with his reputation how the league doesnt pick up on all this. He is going to end someones career.

it doesn't even upset me anymore. I almost expect to have to outwork every team, the officiating, and the media every game.

Last edited by Scobo_24; 03-21-2019 at 08:43 AM.
Old 03-21-2019, 08:44 AM
Brad Richard's Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scobo_24 View Post
it doesn't even upset me anymore. I almost expect to have to outwork every team, the officiating, and the media every game.
Luckily the media's only tangible effect is how their water carrying for seemingly everyone else drives Lightning fans nuts.

Media when covering Pittsburgh: talk about Crosby, Letang and Malkin.
When covering Washington: talk about Ovechkin, Kuznetsov and Backstrom.
When covering Boston: talk about Pastrnak, Marchand and Bergeron.
When covering Chicago: talk about Kane and Toews.

When talking about Tampa: talk about the other team.
Old 03-21-2019, 01:01 PM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybolt View Post
Luckily the media's only tangible effect is how their water carrying for seemingly everyone else drives Lightning fans nuts.

Media when covering Pittsburgh: talk about Crosby, Letang and Malkin.
When covering Washington: talk about Ovechkin, Kuznetsov and Backstrom.
When covering Boston: talk about Pastrnak, Marchand and Bergeron.
When covering Chicago: talk about Kane and Toews.

When talking about Tampa: talk about the other team.
This only seems to apply when Milbury or Pierre are doing the talking. When you get the crews that actually watch games to prepare it’s a lot better.
Old 03-21-2019, 02:11 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
He must have it in his mind that Gourde is nothing but a shit stirrer, but picks his spots and picks on people below his weight class? Yeah, that's crap.
Vrana: “i’m Jacob Vrana of the Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals”
Gourde: “okay”
Vrana: “My teammates say I’m a bad ass and I’m going to prove it” (drops gloves)
Gourde: “Okay”
Vrana: “Oh shit. That busted my nose”
Gourde” (keeps throwing)
Vrana “Well, that didn’t turn out like I thought”
Gourde: Adjusts elbow pads on the way to the box, “Well, that’s that”