BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-05-2017, 08:47 PM
RSchmitz's Avatar
RSchmitz RSchmitz is online now
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,240
Default Super Bowl

Well someone has to start a thread...

I'm at work so not able to watch the game. Was able to see a bit of halftime show and lady Gaga killed it. Glad to see New England losing
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-05-2017, 08:49 PM
Hoek's Avatar
Hoek Hoek is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 16,783
Default

I love Lady Gaga! Great show. Those drones were incredible, too!

More surprised that New England only has 3 than Atlanta having 21.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-05-2017, 08:54 PM
BurnTHalO's Avatar
BurnTHalO BurnTHalO is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Marietta, OH
Posts: 7,024
Default

I just kept praying cartman was going to show up. She did well. It was more conservative than I expected. Honestly she's not my style (I'm a metal head), but I have a ton of respect for her and was entertained more than I have been by the game.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-05-2017, 09:16 PM
Derek28 Derek28 is offline
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 3,983
Default

Maybe I haven't been paying enough attention, but these commercials this year seem mediocre. Usually there are a handful that are really good.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-05-2017, 09:19 PM
BurnTHalO's Avatar
BurnTHalO BurnTHalO is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Marietta, OH
Posts: 7,024
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek28 View Post
Maybe I haven't been paying enough attention, but these commercials this year seem mediocre. Usually there are a handful that are really good.
There have been a couple decent ones, but they have been pretty bad the last couple years.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-05-2017, 09:21 PM
Flycoon Flycoon is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,513
Default

I'm with you in musical taste BTH but I can appreciate excellent performance of most genres. We are going to see (I can't believe I am publicly admitting this) Britney Spears in Las Vegas in April.

I draw the line at most country; there are a few who are guitar players I would see. Can't imagine anybody as nauseating as Toby Keith. Maybe Celine Dion or Mariah Carey.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-05-2017, 09:29 PM
BurnTHalO's Avatar
BurnTHalO BurnTHalO is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Marietta, OH
Posts: 7,024
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flycoon View Post
I'm with you in musical taste BTH but I can appreciate excellent performance of most genres. We are going to see (I can't believe I am publicly admitting this) Britney Spears in Las Vegas in April.

I draw the line at most country; there are a few who are guitar players I would see. Can't imagine anybody as nauseating as Toby Keith. Maybe Celine Dion or Mariah Carey.
Really? Thought I was the lone metal head in these parts. I have come a long way from where I used to be in other genres. I can be alright with country too depending on what it is. And id probably head to a spears concert, so no worries (though my next tickets are testament/sepultura). Anyways, I'm venturing way off the topic at this point.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-05-2017, 09:37 PM
Flycoon Flycoon is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
Really? Thought I was the lone metal head in these parts. I have come a long way from where I used to be in other genres. I can be alright with country too depending on what it is. And id probably head to a spears concert, so no worries (though my next tickets are testament/sepultura). Anyways, I'm venturing way off the topic at this point.
Testament/sepultura sounds fantastic.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-05-2017, 09:40 PM
Hoek's Avatar
Hoek Hoek is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 16,783
Default

I liked the live Snickers ad. And the bad hair one.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-05-2017, 09:42 PM
Derek28 Derek28 is offline
Evan Oberg's Frequent Flyer Miles
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 3,983
Default

Looks like we might get a game after all
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2008, BoltProspects.com. All Rights Reserved.