BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 09-05-2018, 05:32 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

I wish there were more shows like One Punch man and Mob Psycho.
Old 09-16-2018, 07:05 PM

https://twitter.com/steelers/status/...567323136?s=19

Anime is so mainstream NFL players are doing touchdown celebrations with nods to it now.
Old 09-16-2018, 07:22 PM

Hell yes, Rasengan!
Old 10-21-2018, 12:29 PM

Now that we're about 3 episodes in on everything for Fall 2018, here's what I'm watching and my thoughts on each...

First of all Golden Kamuy is back for its second season, and it's starting off really strongly with some great set piece action scenes and interaction between the competing factions. I posted about it before.

Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken (That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime) - Like the name implies, it's another isekai, and it involves the protagonist turning into one of those low level slime blobs you're used to killing at the beginning of your average RPG. Except this guy is able to absorb and analyze anything he comes in contact with, which quickly leads to him being pretty powerful. So far it's pretty standard fare but the slime gimmick keeps it interesting. Don't know enough about the world yet to see where the plot is really going, though.

Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai (Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl-Senpai) - Absurd title designed to get your attention, and it got mine! This show is very well animated, and the story seems equally well crafted. Kind of a high school drama with supernatural elements. "Bunny Girl Senpai" is a girl who was a child celebrity and left acting to attend the protagonist's school. The odd thing is people start to forget who she is and can't even see her any more. We find out this is just one of many phenomenons referred to as "Adolescent Syndrome." There's still a lot to be figured out and revealed but I really enjoy the dialogue between characters and they're all pretty likable. It's by the creator of The Pet Girl of Sakurasou and that was also excellent, so I'm optimistic about this.

Zombieland Saga - Definitely my surprise of the season. I almost don't want to say too much about it because part of what makes it so great is it's completely not what I expected going in. Yes it's about zombies, but... SPOILER (highlight to reveal): it turns out it's not about surviving the zombie apocalypse, but rather it's about zombies that have been assembled to become an idol group in order to bring attention and tourism back to Saga prefecture. This show is definitely the funniest one at the moment. The character voiced by the same actor the did Okabe Rintarou in Steins;Gate is just hilarious.

Tonari no Kyuuketsuki-san (Ms. Vampire who lives in my neighborhood) - Cute moe blob yuri bait, but I like it! Pretty funny show about what it's like living as a vampire in modern times. Not much else to it. I think just about every girl in this is gay for each other, lol.

Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara (Iroduku: The World in Colors) - My sentimental favorite at the moment. PA Works is one of the best studios out there and this is probably the most beautiful show of the season visually. The protagonist is a girl who lost the ability to see color (as partially colorblind myself I can relate to some of the scenes already) and dislikes magic but gets sent back in time by her grandmother to see the younger version of herself. I'm pretty invested in this one.

Sword Art Online: Alicization - SAO fans have been hyping up this arc as being the best one for ages, so I was excited going in. So far, so good. The intro is pretty badass and this new virtual world has a lot of appeal to it, IMO.

SSSS.Gridman - Basically Ultraman the anime. Don't expect a lot of depth to it, but it's a love letter to kaiju stuff and it's by Trigger, so it's good. The battles are awesome and the characters are pretty cool! I recommend this for some mindless fun.

Release the Spyce - This is like Princess Principal but futuristic instead of steampunk and more silly than serious. It's cute girls and it's spies and it's more concerned with looking cool than making sense necessarily. They keep hinting at there being a traitor among the crew so I'm hoping for a really cool twist at some point.

Double Decker! Doug and Kirill - By the same people who made Tiger & Bunny (a show about superheroes competing on reality TV I definitely recommend), this is a fun buddy cop show about thwarting the spread of a drug that modifies people's DNA to give them crazy dangerous powers. Nothing too original, but the part I like the best is the way the narrator steps in and makes fun of the main character at times, lol.

I also tried Goblin Slayer but that was just way too edgelord for me, bleh.

Last edited by Hoek; 10-21-2018 at 12:33 PM.