BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 09-13-2017, 07:53 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
It really is an objective system. First, they make sure hospitals and public safety are restored. Then it comes down to numbers. Whichever repair will put the most customers on line gets done first. If your issue impacts 99 others you are going to have your service restored before a repair that will only restores power to 15 and after one that helps 1,000.

They know exactly how many people will be impacted by each repair and that's how they are done.
That makes sense. I've personally had outages that affected more people fixed faster than those that only affected like a street or block.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator

My mom's in Spring Hill lost power for about 36 hours. It was pretty spotty in her area as most streets around her place had power. My house in NPR only got power restored yesterday morning, from what I can tell. Probably moving back in there tonight.

No damage to my house, but my mom's house got a tree in the roof (only a 1 foot hole, thankfully) and another one in the back yard that missed the pool cage by inches. That would've been nasty as insurance won't cover them anymore.

The worst damage I heard of is a friend's sister in Haines City. Her entire roof was ripped off & her home's a total loss.
Old 09-14-2017, 11:31 AM

Still no power in most of Seffner.
Old 09-16-2017, 06:33 PM

Just another example of why we have the best owner in sports. He chartered a flight and had members and their families, along with their pets, taken to Nashville to escape Irma.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hocke...-usual/2337726

If anyone here needs anything please PM me as I can wait in lines for you and/or shop, clean up the yard etc.
Old 09-16-2017, 07:51 PM
Chainsaw Charlie

Send a message via AIM to MUDSHARK

power back
Old 09-18-2017, 07:20 PM
Cooper's Law

Phew, power finally restored this afternoon on our street in NW Sarasota. It took almost 8 full days. Huge mess of oak tree debris, half of a fallen bishovia tree, broken bamboo, leaves and moss everywhere. We've only got about half of it piled up at the roadside and the pile is about 20' long and 6' high. No structural damage. Very lucky though overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
Terrifying when you hear the gusts....you can hear it coming from off in the distance through the snapping of trees and light whistle...and when it hits...insanely loud.
The sound is terrible. I can still hear the howl of Andrew in my mind and it gives me chills to this day. Then it goes on for hours. Miserable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flycoon View Post
Don't. Buy. Lennar.
After Andrew, more than one newer Lennar-built subdivision north of us in the Redlands, especially in Kendall, were completely destroyed despite built with modern codes. They discovered afterwards that among other things, the roofs were not strapped/tied down properly, contrary to code requirements, and there was a scandal involving bribery of the building department inspectors.