BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #15471  
Old 10-23-2018, 06:51 PM
Puckhead's Avatar
Puckhead Puckhead is online now
Bingo Bob's Intermission Contest
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 1,721
Default

The 12 points might be reduced....Even so, compared to (Russia-aided) DeSantis, he can still win. Why is it that D's have to absolutely squeaky clean, and R's, not so much? Fox today trots out some crap about Abrahms and the Georgia state flag from long ago..And Kemp can say "its just outside agitators" and ignore obvious conflicts of interests in holds on voter regs..

Oh, lets not forget the prez can lie 5 times a day+ and get $$ from his properties (no emoluments right?)
Reply With Quote
  #15472  
Old 10-23-2018, 07:11 PM
Donnie D's Avatar
Donnie D Donnie D is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sarasota
Posts: 7,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead View Post
The 12 points might be reduced....Even so, compared to (Russia-aided) DeSantis, he can still win. Why is it that D's have to absolutely squeaky clean, and R's, not so much? Fox today trots out some crap about Abrahms and the Georgia state flag from long ago..And Kemp can say "its just outside agitators" and ignore obvious conflicts of interests in holds on voter regs..

Oh, lets not forget the prez can lie 5 times a day+ and get $$ from his properties (no emoluments right?)
Um, they are all supposed to be clean.
__________________
For people who ask why women donít come forward and report abuse, the Senate just gave you 51 reasons.
Reply With Quote
  #15473  
Old 10-23-2018, 08:26 PM
pete's Avatar
pete pete is offline
BP Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 11,847
Default

We're two weeks out now, so everyone's dropping their "October surprises". It's not a coincidence over the last two days we found out Gillum got theater tickets from a man posing as a developer (which, doesn't even get you a merit badge for corruption in the GOP lately), Stacey Abrams in Georgia had a photo released of her burning a Georgia state flag (IOW a confederate flag, which only raises my opinion of her) at a protest when she was a student, and that Brian Kemp is in hawk for another $800K in shady bank loans (which, compared to theater tickets seems a wee bit more scurrilous).

Don't be surprised if the Gillum campaign leaks out what they've got on DeSantis in the next day or two as well.

It's all a game. Try not to react like Pavlov's dogs when they ring the bell.
__________________
S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2017-2018: 27
Reply With Quote
  #15474  
Old 10-23-2018, 08:35 PM
Puckhead's Avatar
Puckhead Puckhead is online now
Bingo Bob's Intermission Contest
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 1,721
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
Um, they are all supposed to be clean.
All except the President of the United States.
Reply With Quote
  #15475  
Old 10-23-2018, 09:29 PM
RSchmitz's Avatar
RSchmitz RSchmitz is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,808
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
It's all a game. Try not to react like Pavlov's dogs when they ring the bell.
Are you saying it's a bad thing to be conditioned to hold our politicians accountable? What-about-isms are fine because scale is important, but I'm not in favor of just dismissing a scandal here or there as an inevitability. The price of doing business.
Reply With Quote
  #15476  
Old 10-23-2018, 09:47 PM
Flycoon Flycoon is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,179
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
Um, they are all supposed to be clean.
Ideally, yes.
Reply With Quote
  #15477  
Old 10-23-2018, 10:16 PM
Puckhead's Avatar
Puckhead Puckhead is online now
Bingo Bob's Intermission Contest
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 1,721
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
Are you saying it's a bad thing to be conditioned to hold our politicians accountable? What-about-isms are fine because scale is important, but I'm not in favor of just dismissing a scandal here or there as an inevitability. The price of doing business.
You're right about the "whataboutisms"..But in this time and place, I'm sorry (no I'm not) hypocrisy needs to be discussed, If that is whataboutism in this insane climate, so be it. There is NO moral equivalence between the D's and the R's in this time and place. It's not even close.
Reply With Quote
  #15478  
Old 10-23-2018, 10:32 PM
pete's Avatar
pete pete is offline
BP Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 11,847
Default

Quote:
Are you saying it's a bad thing to be conditioned to hold our politicians accountable?
I'm saying there's a cadre of people being paid to manipulate voters into ignoring issues and policy over "October surprises" that may be total bullshit (like Anthony Weiner's laptop), or very minor issues (theater tickets).
__________________
S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2017-2018: 27
Reply With Quote
  #15479  
Old 10-23-2018, 10:44 PM
pete's Avatar
pete pete is offline
BP Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 11,847
Default

Feel the Cockburn.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ll-va05-3.html

1% lead on "Bigfoot erotica" aficionado Denver Riggleman, who himself has an awesome handle. Entertaining matchup in the sticks of Virginia.
__________________
S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2017-2018: 27
Reply With Quote
  #15480  
Old 10-23-2018, 11:01 PM
Puckhead's Avatar
Puckhead Puckhead is online now
Bingo Bob's Intermission Contest
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 1,721
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Feel the Cockburn.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ll-va05-3.html

1% lead on "Bigfoot erotica" aficionado Denver Riggleman, who himself has an awesome handle. Entertaining matchup in the sticks of Virginia.
Just when you thought all this election BS could not get any more bizarre.
You go girl...Cock the Bigfoot.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2008, BoltProspects.com. All Rights Reserved.