BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 02-13-2008, 05:52 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTLightning26 View Post
Is that a picture of you TBfanatic??

:wink:
lol, I guess the cat is out of the bag. I am really a single 25 year old super model. :evil:

Actually, sorry to get everyones hopes up but that was one of the default avatars that was on the furom
Old 02-13-2008, 06:45 PM
Cooper's Law

Send a message via AIM to Jester47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post
Based on Vinny P's remarks last night, if he does want to stay here, negotiations need to be opened with him as well. See if some agreement prior to the trade deadline can be arrived at. If Vinny likes it here so well, maybe a hometown discount would be in order.
Or not...

From Bob Mckenzie @ TSN:

Quote:
Actually, the Lightning would have liked to re-sign Prospal to a contract extension, but they quickly determined in recent talks with Prospal's agent Ritch Winter that the two sides aren't even in the same universe on financial expectations.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:53 PM
Super Moderator

Prospal hasn't ditched that idiot yet? He's definitely not getting re-signed if that's the case.

Much as I normally like McKenzie I think he's way off in suggesting that they're looking to put Prospal on the next bus out of town because of last night. Trade him because he's a UFA-to-be who won't re-sign, sure, but not because he mouthed off about the coach. Torts is a big boy, though the Canadian media likes to portray him as an unreasonable ogre because it makes for better copy.

OT: Forgot to add - as for that avatar...it's in the "comics" section, gentlemen. You're lusting after a cartoon!
Old 02-13-2008, 06:56 PM
The Bulin Wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester47 View Post
Or not...

From Bob Mckenzie @ TSN:
Interesting since Feaster has said the only exception they've made to having extension talks is Boyle.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:28 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos View Post
Prospal hasn't ditched that idiot yet? He's definitely not getting re-signed if that's the case.

Much as I normally like McKenzie I think he's way off in suggesting that they're looking to put Prospal on the next bus out of town because of last night. Trade him because he's a UFA-to-be who won't re-sign, sure, but not because he mouthed off about the coach. Torts is a big boy, though the Canadian media likes to portray him as an unreasonable ogre because it makes for better copy.
Yeah, this is a dream for them.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:26 PM

Ok, hope Vinny P won't be mad and call me out next game:
2 years, $5.5 mil. take it or leave it Vaclav.
:attention:
bet he is looking for like 4 per.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:05 AM
Chainsaw Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTLightning26 View Post
Ok, hope Vinny P won't be mad and call me out next game:
2 years, $5.5 mil. take it or leave it Vaclav.
:attention:
bet he is looking for like 4 per.

According to most, Vinny wont be here after the 25th,so it don't matter what $$$$ he wants. Saying he wants to skate on "The Greatest Line in Hockey"(his words,not Mine) then talking shit about the Boss in next breath,is not a good way to keep your job,much less get a raise.

How strange is it,that he waits to near the dead-line to talking crap about the man who fought with Jay last time VP left,to try to keep him.

VP Earned exactly what he got,inway of TOI,and line,He sounded like a petulant child.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:08 AM

He sounded like a guy who really loves the game, loves to play, and honestly gives a shit. I want that Prospal on my team any day. Yes it wasn't the ideal way of expressing it, but damn was the message spot on, and that's why I think Torts isn't lying when he said he liked it, too. After hearing that it's gonna make it hurt a lot more to see him go if he does. Maybe we can swing a Tkachuk like deal and bring him back though.

Last edited by Hoek; 02-14-2008 at 11:14 AM.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:51 AM
Chris Gratton's Ruby Slippers

I'll be sad to see Prospal go, if it comes to that. He always sticks in my mind as someone who goes to the net and gets those not-so-pretty goals, and nobody can top his post-scoring enthusiasm. Last week when he scored and the net dislodged and he gave the net a big-ass shove to take it the rest of the way off it's moorings (and damn near took out the ref in the process)...man, the guy cares...and I'll pay to watch that any night of the week.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:03 PM

I'll take the Vinny P of this season for like two more years.
I don't want the one who played in 06-07.
--
The question is, which one are we gonna get?