BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 11-12-2011, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassassin View Post
I can never access articles on tbo.com and not quite sure why?
It runs extremely slow even over here, might just time out when a hit comes in internationally.

And, what a great column by Ryan Lambert!

Quote:
Here's Chris Pronger(notes) on the tactic:

"That's not hockey in my book, but whatever. The league's letting them do it. Would you pay money to watch that? I wouldn't either. That was a TV game, too. Way to showcase the product."

This ignores the fact that this little sideshow display took place in Tampa, and it sure as hell wasn't the Bolts the fans were booing during these lengthy delays in game action. If they had done this in Philly, Pronger would have been lucky to be wearing a visor, because he'd have caught a D Cell in the temple faster than you can say Jacques Lemaire. Odd that they felt perfectly comfortable boring the hell out of opposing fans and not their own, which tells you everything you need to know about where the true fault falls here.

Exactly

Last edited by Sotnos; 11-12-2011 at 09:33 AM.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:26 AM
Cooper's Law

So glad this happened against the vaunted Philthadelphia Cryers, whom everyone loves to loathe. Most longtime Lightning fans would probably consider them our most hated rival, with which I heartily agree; and it's richly satisfying to hear their loud squalling after pooping their diapers on national TV. And it doesn't stop there, folks--we also get the enraged anguish of the entire Philthadelphia fan base to enjoy!! Is there any group of people anywhere whose abject misery is more entertaining to revel in? The sweet, warbling strains of their pathetic, panties-in-a-wad wailing just sound to us like the song of the Sirens to Ulysses.

That Puck Daddy article is really a tall, refreshing glass of lemonade on a sweltering day. So hard to pick a favorite passage, but I loved this part:
Quote:
They've allowed 47 [goals], tied for sixth-most in the league. Teams, it would appear, seem not to have a problem getting past this defense that the Flyers claim is impassable...After all, what this bit of crybabyism on the part the Flyers highlights is not that the Lightning play a boring style, but that Peter Laviolette has no clue how to solve it.[emphasis mine, 'cuz it's so typical of the aptly-nicknamed Cryers]
Brilliant.

EDIT: And this Tanguay quote from the tbo.com article caught my attention:
Quote:
"You want to see hockey, people pay to see a show, people pay to see skating and skills and stuff like that,'' former Lightning wing Alex Tanguay told reporters in Calgary. "And...as far as I'm concerned, if I was a fan paying, I would much rather see a team that is aggressive and skating rather than a team that is waiting for something out there." [emphasis mine]
Wow. Sounds like a wicked slap against the Cryers for just standing there with the puck, even getting warned by the refs for not moving it.

Last edited by Top Shelf; 11-12-2011 at 09:39 AM.
Old 11-12-2011, 11:11 AM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
I can never access articles on tbo.com and not quite sure why?
Try this link: http://tinyurl.com/7r9gkpo
Old 11-12-2011, 11:18 AM
Johnny Shortside

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_narrow_way View Post
Nope, error still. No idea why its just tbo.com every other site works fine.
Old 11-12-2011, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
What error is it?
Old 11-12-2011, 12:06 PM
Vincent Lecavalier's Lifetime Contract

Quote:
OT:
Very strange. Worked for me while I was in Bahrain. Are you running some type of security on your machine like Trend Mirco, Norton, etc? You could try adding the site to your security software's exception list. OR... the one thing that I know would work is run a VPN to the States. I had to do that in Oman because they blocked several U.S. sites, like some News websites and the most important to me at the time which was Skype. There's free stateside VPN's like Hotspot Shield. Although Hotspot Shield has a BW usage limit, but should be okay to view TBO...