BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 03-24-2013, 05:12 PM
Phil Esposito's Fax Machine

Boucher was often responsible for our decisions to sit back or have everyone, including Brewer, all out attack and that often lead to disastrous consequences. He had to be removed, though it was not even close to being all his fault.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:14 PM
BP Staff

Jon Cooper had better f'ing be the next coach of the Tampa Bay Lightning. Period. It's insane to consider anything else. Half the team is his players now. Even more will be up with Tampa next season when you consider, at a minimum, Connolly's coming into the mix. To let him walk to another franchise would be absolutely crazy.

This message is hidden because WaiverWire is on your ignore list.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:15 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

The going has been tough and getting worse and worse for a long ass time. It's not fairweather to come to the obvious conclusion that the first season was the exception to the rule.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:15 PM
Phil Esposito's Fax Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
First impression after listening to that audio: Jon Cooper will be the next coach of the Tampa Bay Lightning.
Video of the same press conference.

<object width="429" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://vp.mgnetwork.net/viewer.swf?u=f5821cd0e601103080ec001ec92a4a0d&z=TB O&embed_player=1" ></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://vp.mgnetwork.net/viewer.swf?u=f5821cd0e601103080ec001ec92a4a0d&z=TB O&embed_player=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="429" height="295"></embed></object>
Old 03-24-2013, 05:16 PM
Puppa Scoopah

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSpin View Post
I'm not really picking up any hints from the audio with the exception of his use of "future" and "years to come". Doesn't really seem like that he would lean toward an NHL retread with that language.
I think the biggest hint I was picking up on (admittedly, could be nothing) was how Yzerman said he knows what he wants and is working to make it happen. Didn't sound like he had a bunch of candidates to work through, but more of a "I have to figure out to how to make this work" issue. Hopefully, that means he's trying to figure out how not to rob Syracuse of their mojo while still bringing Cooper on board in Tampa.

All that being said, Yzerman acknowledged it's his responsibility. If things continue to go south, Vinik should have the guts to find a new gm.

"To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them."
- George Mason

I find it funny that some are in such a hurry to be happy little slaves.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:24 PM
Paul Ysebaert's Kwik Pick

I'm pleasantly surprised, mostly by the timing. SFYs MO has been patience, I would have thought he would let Guy finish the year.

Guy was toast when Stammer and St. Louis gave up on him. When Vinny went down he needed those two to hoist the team up on their shoulders and do the tough sledding. They did the opposite. I'd never seen Marty flat out quit until yesterday. Stamkos hasn't played a full game in I don't know how long, and has been padding his stats in garbage time lately.

I liked Boucher, but he wasn't getting results. It was patently obvious when the only players playing like they gave a damn were all call-ups from Syracuse. He was also in charge of the PP, whose results were certainly less than stellar. Keeping St. Louis at the point when he routinely played poorly there was another strike against him. The "relentlessness" and "first on puck" weren't there. Either he switched to a system that didn't work, or his system was getting ignored by his players. Either way, that's the end of the road.

My preference would be Coop, but I'm intrigued to see what Ruff could do with top-flight offensive firepower.

Last edited by dannybolt; 03-24-2013 at 06:01 PM.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:42 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Said it yesterday - you can't allow the attitude of the vets to poison the attitude of the kids. SFY wanted to wait until the end of the season, but the play didn't even allow that to happen. You can't allow Marty to stop playing and keep the respect of the kids.

I hope the fact that Dolgan was out of town, the fact that the team had the day off and he would want to talk to them in person, the fact that they would have to negotiate a deal is keeping SFY, is keeping Yzerman from making a Cooper announcement.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:48 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Jon Cooper had better f'ing be the next coach of the Tampa Bay Lightning. Period. It's insane to consider anything else. Half the team is his players now. Even more will be up with Tampa next season when you consider, at a minimum, Connolly's coming into the mix. To let him walk to another franchise would be absolutely crazy.
This.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:04 PM
BP Staff

It was telling when several of the key vets stopped making themselves available for post-game interviews after losses. Then, as I related to Chad privately recently, after a loss during the last home-stand, St. Louis stuck around but chose to let Stamkos hold court (as per usual) and take all of the media's questions while he sat just a few feet away the entire time with his arms folded, scowling and staring at the floor. That, to me, said everything.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:21 PM
BP Staff

St. Louis can take his happy ass to the Rangers if his attitude doesn't improve.

This message is hidden because WaiverWire is on your ignore list.