BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > The BP Front Page

Old 09-17-2019, 09:17 PM
BP Staff

Default NHL Preseason Game Night: 9-17-19 Hurricanes at Lightning

Prospect-heavy lineup drops preseason opener.

CAR-3
TB-0

Scott Wedgewood allowed 3 goals on 37 shots for the loss.

First Period
1:19 CAR McCormick (1), (Gibbons)

Second Period
NO SCORING

Third Period
5:53 CAR Wallmark (1), (McGinn, Martinook)(PP)
9:55 CAR Markison (1), (Geekie)

Ugly performance for the young Lightning, who were thoroughly outplayed and outshot 37-15.

If you're trying to read tea leaves though about who's getting an extended look in camp, Cal Foote got a team high 21:12 of ice time.

Box score and extended statistics from NHL.com.

read more

http://www.boltprospects.com/content...anes-lightning
Old 09-18-2019, 12:21 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Mitchell Stephens was really about the only one that stuck out of those trying to make this team.

Carolina really played a descent game. Not only did they out shoot us, but they really held us when it came to shooting the puck.

On another note for those that do attend the games....there are changes that are coming when the season starts in October. 1st, if you are a smoker they are starting a policy on Oct 1 that once you leave the arena you will not be allowed to re-enter. Thus smokers will have to wait until after the game to light one up. They are claiming this is a safety issue, but several on the staff told me that they were tired of picking the butts up off the areas outside of the arena and had warned those that do smoke to police themselves. Guess that didn't sink in.

2nd. They fixed the concessions that were along the outside glass on levels 100 and 300. They have been replaces with really nice concession areas where many of the items are self serve, which should make the wait times less. They also have more stands that just sell just soft drinks and snacks.

The bad news is that these concessions stands are configured so that you can no longer stand, or the ability to do so is very limited, and look out the windows at the scenery. Found this sad as I always thought this made our arena special.

If you do not like Pepsi you are out of luck as several of the vendors told me the arena is switching to Pepsi at the start of the regular season. I always wondered why venues just did not carry both and thus have a happier crowd.

And I forgot to mention that the 300 level now has a Portillo's.

Last edited by WaiverWire; 09-18-2019 at 05:28 PM.
Old 09-18-2019, 09:49 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

They didnít allow you to leave the arena last year but they had several places where you could go outside on patios to smoke. Are they closing those?

Iím not a smoker, but eliminating all options will just lead to increased smoking in the stairways. Even with the smoking options, they became full of smokers between periods.

Hope they eliminate vaping. I had people vaping next to us last year and the ushers did nothing, even when told.
How to know if you are a patriot. 2004 - you eat freedom instead of French Fries. 2008 - you drive with a flag from your rear window. 2016 - you stand for the anthem. 2020- you sacrifice your mother for the economy.
Old 09-19-2019, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator

Ex-smoker here, and treating them like criminal deviants has been going on for a loooong time. I remember when they had their little "corral" outside, they got rid of that too?