BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #18791  
Old 07-28-2019, 02:43 PM
Flycoon Flycoon is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,809
Default

The Mueller investigation is estimated to have cost 35-40 million. Care to take a guess what is spent on weekend golf and other such recreational/personal functions?
Reply With Quote
  #18792  
Old 07-28-2019, 02:44 PM
Flycoon Flycoon is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Maybe if WW hears it from someone on Fox News it’ll all sink in...

https://twitter.com/billybaldwin/sta...174628352?s=21

Watch that video.
Breitbart or Infowars would be more appropriate for that audience.
Reply With Quote
  #18793  
Old 07-28-2019, 05:15 PM
pete's Avatar
pete pete is offline
BP Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 13,807
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flycoon View Post
The Mueller investigation is estimated to have cost 35-40 million. Care to take a guess what is spent on weekend golf and other such recreational/personal functions?
And how much did the government gain in asset forfeiture from Paul Manafort alone? I’ve read estimates of $42-$46M... at which point maybe the Trumpsters have a right to suspect Mueller isn’t really a Republican and is a double secret “Deep State” Democrat. Lord knows I haven’t seen any other Republicans in DC run a budget surplus in my lifetime.
__________________
S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 29
Reply With Quote
  #18794  
Old 07-28-2019, 05:18 PM
pete's Avatar
pete pete is offline
BP Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 13,807
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flycoon View Post
Breitbart or Infowars would be more appropriate for that audience.
At this point, only a cryptic cipher from “Q” might get through to Waiver, and I don’t mean John de Lancie.
__________________
S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 29
Reply With Quote
  #18795  
Old 07-28-2019, 08:18 PM
Bolthed's Avatar
Bolthed Bolthed is offline
Cooper's Law
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Gainesvegas!
Posts: 4,935
Default

Let’s not forget Waiver was in lockstep with the Benghazi inquiry, which took FOREVER and cost much more and resulted in jack squat.

This clown wants us to believe he’s in favor of fiscal responsibility? Ha! Go sell that shit somewhere else.
__________________
“Could I had posted cite a site?” — WWW dot Trump makes you dumb dot RU
Reply With Quote
  #18796  
Old 07-29-2019, 06:45 AM
Flycoon Flycoon is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,809
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed View Post
Let’s not forget Waiver was in lockstep with the Benghazi inquiry, which took FOREVER and cost much more and resulted in jack squat.

This clown wants us to believe he’s in favor of fiscal responsibility? Ha! Go sell that shit somewhere else.
Didn’t his party nominate the self proclaimed “king of debt” as their candidate? Graham is an embarrassment but the fiscally responsible Freedom “tea party” Caucus has exposed themselves as nothing but racist clowns who rose against the Kenyan Muslim. What skin covered shit bags.
Reply With Quote
  #18797  
Old 07-29-2019, 08:18 AM
Sotnos's Avatar
Sotnos Sotnos is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Port Richey, FL
Posts: 13,605
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
It’s like talking to a rock.
Right? Not sure why some folks bother!
Reply With Quote
  #18798  
Old 07-29-2019, 04:01 PM
WaiverWire's Avatar
WaiverWire WaiverWire is offline
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tampa
Posts: 7,254
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
For what feels like about the dozenth time, because you refuse to even acknowledge it: per Mueller's report, press conference, and testimony: they were not ALLOWED to indict based on the OLC opinion. In the Fox News video I linked to, Andrew Napolitano takes it a step further and underlines the obvious: even if Mueller made a choice to bypass the OLC guidance, Barr would've quashed it because prior to being nominated Barr sent the DOJ a memo detailing his belief in damned near unlimited Executive power. It's the whole fucking reason Barr got the job.

So, in the absence of any ability to indict, Mueller and his team explicitly spelled out why they didn't make a determination because to do so would be accusing a man of a crime that he would have no recourse with which to clear his name for until after his term was up. So they kept their mouths shut and just presented the facts/evidence in the report.

And, based on the facts/evidence in the report: 1,024 former federal attorneys and prosecutors from all political parties have concluded that:



https://medium.com/@dojalumni/statem...s-8ab7691c2aa1

Tell me why I should ignore the opinion of 1,024 former federal prosecutors? Tell me why your bootleg wanna-be Perry Mason ass is right and they're wrong?

Do tell... Mr. Law and Order.
pete….here is the link with Mueller correcting his statement to Rep Lieu. Scroll to 4:30. You will hear in his own words what they did and did not do, any why.

You claim that they found violations of law when it came to obstruction and that Mueller did not indict because of DOJ policy. In his clarification he clearly says that was not the case.

There were 11 incidents of obstruction listed in the report. Muller clearly states that because of the rules in the DOJ they did not even attempt to make a determination if laws were violated.

Because they did not even to bother to discuss these incidents no one, not you or anyone here, can claim that Mueller found he had obstructed justice......because he never took the time to look at the incidents.

I do not know how much clearer this could be and for you to understand.

And I will repeat again Mueller failed to complete the job he was given. He should had looked at these incidents, and fully researched each and if there was a violation or not he should had said so and stated why he did not bring a charge, ie DOJ policy. Just because they are listed in a report does not mean that there was an actual violation of law.

Instead he kicked the can down the road. Because of this Barr, Rosenstein and attorneys from the DOJ Ethics section had to complete the job Mueller did not do. I also ask how could they do this without asking Trump and/or those around him as to what setting these incidents took place.

It would have been far better for Mueller to had make the determination as to a violation and then we could had seen what the response would had been.

Scroll to 4:30...….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzSAbfKHW8I
Reply With Quote
  #18799  
Old 07-29-2019, 06:09 PM
pete's Avatar
pete pete is offline
BP Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 13,807
Default

Waiver...

- They were NOT ALLOWED to indict per the OLC guidance.

- Ergo, they were NOT ALLOWED to make a determination if laws were violated, because to do so publicly would’ve given Trump no recourse to clear his name until after he left office, which is fundamentally unfair.

- They were, however, ALLOWED to exonerate Trump if the facts supported such a course. THEY DID NOT.

So, given the above, they released their evidence to the public with the note that the constitutional remedy while Trump is in office sits with the Congress.

And, again, based upon the evidence released in the report over 1,000 federal prosecutors said Trump would be up the river for federal obstruction charges if not for the OLC opinion shielding him.

Again, why should any of us believe your armchair Perry Mason act over the word of over 1,000 professional federal prosecutors from all political stripes?

You never answer that last question, and even a blind man could see why.
__________________
S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-Stammermeter 2019-2020: 29
Reply With Quote
  #18800  
Old 07-29-2019, 06:39 PM
Donnie D's Avatar
Donnie D Donnie D is online now
Steven Stamkos' One Timer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sarasota
Posts: 9,428
Default

Brick.
__________________
How to know if you are a patriot. 2004 - you eat freedom instead of French Fries. 2008 - you drive with a flag from your rear window. 2016 - you stand for the anthem. 2020- you sacrifice your mother for the economy.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2008, BoltProspects.com. All Rights Reserved.