BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Game On!

Old 11-08-2018, 06:13 PM
Super Moderator

Default Bolts vs Isles 11-8 7:30 pm

Hedman practiced today, not expected to play tonight but hopefully soon.

Palat out a MONTH

https://www.nhl.com/lightning/news/h...od/c-301724226
Old 11-09-2018, 12:58 AM
Cooper's Law

Well, that was tight. I give ol’ shoulder pads Trotz credit. I had heard the Isles good start to the season was a bit lucky, but they played HARD. Much better team concept than I remember them playing with in the past, and they’ve still got some solid talent. Huh. I just assumed they’d be bad after Tavares walked away.

Still, the Bolts have the ability to assert themselves against anyone, and can possess the puck until a goal is just flat-out inevitable. It’s impressive and fun as hell.

Sucks about Palat. He’s already missed, what, two weeks? One of my favorite players, but his offense and ability to stay healthy seem to be in decline. I hope I’m wrong. Love the guy.

With the way McDonagh is playing, the return of Hedman seems downright unfair.
Old 11-09-2018, 06:54 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

I feel bad for koekkoek. He has played well, definitely well enough to warrant staying in a lineup. Unfortunately for him, the rest of the defense has stepped up huge as well, meaning he is destined for the press box again. That depth is staggering assuming Coburn and Girardi keep their play up.

Overall that was a fun, exciting game. I am a believer in the isles (if for no other reason than I picked them to be my big surprise to start the season). They impressed me. That team works hard and has some good talent.
Old 11-09-2018, 07:25 AM

He’s played fine, but he’s not one of our top 6. He will continue to get games, Coburn was too banged up to do the post game show, so he may be out when Hedman returns. He may have shown enough to play and give some of the guys a night off now and then.
Old 11-09-2018, 08:27 AM
Cooper's Law

Exactly right. SKK has acquitted himself nicely. He’s a bottom pair dman in the league (with a little upside) ... just not on our team. I think he’s earned the right to give all 3 of our older dmen the occasional breather, which will also keep his own rust off. It’s a tough situation. The only spot he could possibly win is Coburn’s. But the way that guy is playing, forget about it. Koekkoek isn’t as big, nasty or most important, he isn’t nearly as experienced. I’d hate to sell low on a kid with obvious talent, but sooner or later we’ve got a couple of right-handed dmen who will probably get cups o coffee.
Old 11-09-2018, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
He’s played fine, but he’s not one of our top 6. He will continue to get games, Coburn was too banged up to do the post game show, so he may be out when Hedman returns. He may have shown enough to play and give some of the guys a night off now and then.
Yup. I think he gives our vets a shorter leash if their play falls off which is a very good thing. His time probably comes next year outside of injuries and spelling some vets who could just need some rest.
Old 11-09-2018, 10:09 AM

Cooper likes the 7 d option too. So that could be another way SKK could be used to reduce the minutes of the top 6 and give Callahan a night off too.
Old 11-09-2018, 10:40 AM
Mighty Mite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
Cooper likes the 7 d option too. So that could be another way SKK could be used to reduce the minutes of the top 6 and give Callahan a night off too.
This.

Unfortunately, it's looking like SKK and Erne are going to lose out in the numbers game, but I hold out hope that they can continue to get minutes and not just languish eating popcorn. Having those two in his pocket can allow Coop to give guys like Girardi and Callahan maintenance nights off, and, if I can dare to dream, hold guys accountable that might need reminders that they need to earn their spots, cough:Killorn:cough.
Old 11-09-2018, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybolt View Post
hold guys accountable that might need reminders that they need to earn their spots, cough:Killorn:cough.
Now you are just talking nonsense.