BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Hockey Talk > Channelside

Old 11-22-2019, 03:57 PM
Eric Perrin's Dentist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
Yeah, which is how I factored out our point per game pace. Meaning we are below the 12 point in 10 game pace. Again, we could pick it up, but I don't see where you come up with the idea we are going to do so with 96% certainty.
If we beat the Ducks tomorrow we are right back on pace - fun with small sample sizes.
Old 11-22-2019, 04:26 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
If we beat the Ducks tomorrow we are right back on pace - fun with small sample sizes.
Sure. Though a quarter of the season isnt that small a sample size. And again, doesnt disprove my statement that I dont believe we are 96% locks for the postseason at this current time.
Old 11-22-2019, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
Sure. Though a quarter of the season isnt that small a sample size. And again, doesnt disprove my statement that I dont believe we are 96% locks for the postseason at this current time.
Injuries would kill our chances like it did in 15-16

Kucherov and Stammer getting hurt should remind everyone of that.
Old 11-22-2019, 06:31 PM

Old 11-22-2019, 11:46 PM
Tim Taylor's WrapAround

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchmitz View Post
Injuries would kill our chances like it did in 15-16

Kucherov and Stammer getting hurt should remind everyone of that.
In cap era January and February are the focal time for real predictions. Thatís the beginning of the Cup run. Recently Pittsburgh and St. Louis fired their coaches and went on to win the Cup. Races are all going to be tight as almost every game produces 3 points. Teams are all so close in talent that there has to be a galvanizing situation to win the Cup. Game last nite against Chicago was a gut check and demonstrates this team has a heartbeat.
Old 11-23-2019, 11:13 AM
Steve F**king Yzerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxf9 View Post
In cap era January and February are the focal time for real predictions. Thatís the beginning of the Cup run. Recently Pittsburgh and St. Louis fired their coaches and went on to win the Cup. Races are all going to be tight as almost every game produces 3 points. Teams are all so close in talent that there has to be a galvanizing situation to win the Cup. Game last nite against Chicago was a gut check and demonstrates this team has a heartbeat.
All good points, especially the last sentence.
Old 11-23-2019, 10:20 PM
BP Staff

12 in 10, they did it again. Hasn't been pretty, but zero reason to hit the panic button so long as they keep staying on pace. If they look this haphazard in March, sure. But right now it's just about staying on pace by hook or by crook.
Old 11-24-2019, 10:57 AM

Old 12-06-2019, 02:31 PM
Brad Richard's Contract

We rolled into this season with the wrong personnel. We failed to improve our team.

Some of you were critical that I viewed and garnered information on the Lightning from their condensed games on you tube because it doesn't give you the entire context of the game...perhaps, but what it does give you is several minutes (of the 60+ game minutes) that contain significant moments in that game. It’s almost like breaking down film. Check them out some time.

From those game I concluded that:
Our defensive slot coverage, especially directly in front of our own net, was not good. Check
That our forwards were (and are) soft and that many of the D men in the league are not going to fear them on the forecheck. Check (NOTE- I think it was a good pickup with Maroon coming on board)
That we should have moved on a fluffy scorer that has value (I suggested Stamkos...because he did / does have value....and nearly got electronically lynched as no one EVER trades the face of the franchise. (The Great One from the Oilers to Kings actually did happen)
My suggestion would be now to approach Johnson to see if it would be ok if we traded him to Boston in return for Sean Kuraly, and perhaps a prospect or draft pick(s). They are talking on the radio up here of the Bruins lack of secondary line scoring and so I know they are looking, and we could use a young moderately talented grinder and use the salary dump to create a bit of space. I think it’s a win win other then it’s trading with a close divisional opponent. Check
No speed thru the neutral zone and can't break the trap. Check
Faceoff losses. Check
Cannot STAY OUT OF THE BOX. Check
Last season I know we got our share of shots off posts that went in for us and shots off posts that saved Vasy last season. That’s not happening this year, and it is glaringly apparent. Check

Some want to fire Cooper, I would be good with that but the problem is do you have a replacement in mind? He has been a winner at every level. I have coached enough to know if you don't have the horses pulling in the same direction, its tough to get anywhere.
Don't even bring up Babcock as the answer, he needs to go "coach up" some junior team somewhere in north, wayyy north Manitoba.

Here is to changes in the new year and a productive post season! Maybe Santa will bring us a “deal”

Finally, couldn't have said it better myself coach.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26mYX7mEepk

Last edited by gphockey; 12-06-2019 at 03:14 PM.
Old 12-07-2019, 04:21 PM
Jimmie Olvestad's Dimensional Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gphockey View Post
That we should have moved on a fluffy scorer that has value (I suggested Stamkos...because he did / does have value....and nearly got electronically lynched as no one EVER trades the face of the franchise.
You also mentioned the horses need to be pulling all in the same direction. I would argue that the two horses who are off-kilter the most glaringly are the one you mentioned as well as 86. I am NOT one of the ones who would electronically or otherwise lynch you or JBB if he made a move with either of those. The fan base might be something else entirely. They obviously have value, but horses who march to their own drummer don't make the Budweiser Clydesdales either. Those two.