BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 06:53 PM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
I sure was. And now Alexander has given up on a bipartisan fix as the members of his committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions. He and Senator Patty Murray have been working on a bipartisan fix since July. Nothing came of this that would had led to a fix of the ACA.

Now you have one side that wants Medicare for all and the other that want to dismantle the ACA. What we will have is the ACA collapsing and the left will not have the 60 votes in the Senate for years to come..................thus everyone will lose.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/19/politi...are/index.html

Sounds more like he pulled the plug after being pressured by Graham and Cassidy. Murray wanted to continue, Schumer's spokesman said they even gave up some concessions to try and work with the Republicans.

But of course, it's the Democrats fault.

So let's just try and ram thru something few have seen, the CBO has not scored, and turn it over to the states to run (abdicating the power Congress has), to the same states which turned down money from Obamacare to expand Medicaid because, horror of horrors, it would have tied them to Obama, God forbid. So now they will be in charge of deciding who gets care, and who has a pre-existing condition, so sorry, it's just Darwinism at it's finest.

Just to score political points with a base that is shrinking and a leader who may be impeached at some point, and to cater to their rich healthy industry masters and donors. Truly shameless and disgusting.
Old 09-20-2017, 07:09 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
HAHAHAHAHA.........shows how wrong you are DonnieD. When you retire you have to pay the sheriff 100% of the cost of the healthcare plan. It is deducted from our account on the 8th of each month.

Now do you want to try again???
According to my friend in the Hillsborough County finance department, the retired deputies receive subsidized health care. It isn't 100% of the total cost of the plan.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:50 PM

They don't care what's in it or how many people get hurt. They promised to deliver something, anything to replace Obamacare, and dadgummit, we are gonna keep our promises to the American people!! [wraps self in flag and copy of the US Constitution]
Old 09-20-2017, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutznboltz View Post

They don't care what's in it or how many people get hurt. They promised to deliver something, anything to replace Obamacare, and dadgummit, we are gonna keep our promises to the American people!! [wraps self in flag and copy of the US Constitution]
Constitution has never been read.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:34 PM
BP Staff

They're committing political suicide (the GOP), but as I've said before, that's cold comfort for Democrats who know just how much this is going to hurt millions in this country who lose access to their health care and millions more who are hurt when this stupidity triggers a recession.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
According to my friend in the Hillsborough County finance department, the retired deputies receive subsidized health care. It isn't 100% of the total cost of the plan.
The country gives you $6 per year of service if you do 25 years. However you only get this coverage from age 55-65. At age 65 you are not eligible for that stipend, so I no longer get it.

The State also gives you $5 per each year of service starting with 25 years.

These are all part of the retirement package that is offered when you are hired.

You as a government employee are also offered something similar. So I guess as you put it you are also "sucking the tit of government".

These stipends do not go very far when you have a $1250 monthly insurance bill.

One captain elected not to take the offer of having the Office Humana coverage when he retired. He didn't want to pay the $1250 and thought the price was too high. He ended up on the exchange and his covered jumped to $1600 per month last year and he now has less coverage and a higher deductible had he stayed on the Office plan.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:33 AM

Quote:
http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/19/politi...are/index.html

Sounds more like he pulled the plug after being pressured by Graham and Cassidy. Murray wanted to continue, Schumer's spokesman said they even gave up some concessions to try and work with the Republicans.

But of course, it's the Democrats fault.

So let's just try and ram thru something few have seen, the CBO has not scored, and turn it over to the states to run (abdicating the power Congress has), to the same states which turned down money from Obamacare to expand Medicaid because, horror of horrors, it would have tied them to Obama, God forbid. So now they will be in charge of deciding who gets care, and who has a pre-existing condition, so sorry, it's just Darwinism at it's finest.

Just to score political points with a base that is shrinking and a leader who may be impeached at some point, and to cater to their rich healthy industry masters and donors. Truly shameless and disgusting.

This is where you are wrong. Never said or implied that it was one parties fault. In fact I have from the start blamed both parties.

Alexander and Murray were trying to do what they were sent to Washington for. Our system is set up so that no one party has a control over how we do things and thus those in Congress have to compromise in order to get bills passed.

However over the years both parties have taken the stance that they will not compromise. Alexander clearly has stated that once Sanders introduced "Medicare for All" the democrats on the committee backed away from the table.....with Murray trying to get something through and was offering to drop several demands.

Then when we had the Cassidy-Graham Bill introduced you had the GOP walk away.

Now we are back to a total standstill with the date of September 30th just around the corner. When that dates hits absolutely nothing will be done to try to make the ACA better for those that are the ones that lose.....us.

Both sides have got to remember why they are in Washington. Their #1 priority is not their party, it is all of the people of their home state.

So come the 30th we will not see a better version of the ACA, we will see the same crap we now have. And why is this??? Because we have one party that wants to dismantle the ACA and we have another party that now wants Medicare for all. Neither party will move nor compromise in hopes of helping those that vote.

We may very well one day have Medicare for all. And we now know that we will always have some type of healthcare offered by the government as the GOP has abandoned any attempt to totally dismantle the ACA.

In the mean time it is disgusting that Congress would place their party line before the health of those that sent them there.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:51 AM

Quote:
This is where you are wrong. Never said or implied that it was one parties fault. In fact I have from the start blamed both parties.

Alexander and Murray were trying to do what they were sent to Washington for. Our system is set up so that no one party has a control over how we do things and thus those in Congress have to compromise in order to get bills passed.

However over the years both parties have taken the stance that they will not compromise. Alexander clearly has stated that once Sanders introduced "Medicare for All" the democrats on the committee backed away from the table.....with Murray trying to get something through and was offering to drop several demands.

Then when we had the Cassidy-Graham Bill introduced you had the GOP walk away.

Now we are back to a total standstill with the date of September 30th just around the corner. When that dates hits absolutely nothing will be done to try to make the ACA better for those that are the ones that lose.....us.

Both sides have got to remember why they are in Washington. Their #1 priority is not their party, it is all of the people of their home state.

So come the 30th we will not see a better version of the ACA, we will see the same crap we now have. And why is this??? Because we have one party that wants to dismantle the ACA and we have another party that now wants Medicare for all. Neither party will move nor compromise in hopes of helping those that vote.

We may very well one day have Medicare for all. And we now know that we will always have some type of healthcare offered by the government as the GOP has abandoned any attempt to totally dismantle the ACA.

In the mean time it is disgusting that Congress would place their party line before the health of those that sent them there.
When you keep saying "the Dems are sitting on their hands" when different people keep providing links showing some of their proposals to improve the ACA that gets dismissed out of hand by the other party, while they try to ram something thru without regular order, then yeah, I think you are "implying" that one party is doing nothing to change anything.

The GOP should have had their plan all ready on January 20th for CBO scoring and a robust PR plan to sell it to the American people, after 7 years of repeal outcries. But they can't even agree amongst themselves what to do. Blame is had by all, which I agree with you on, but if you are going to change the law of the land, you better damn well come prepared with a better solution right out of the gate.
Old 09-21-2017, 12:22 PM

Quote:
When you keep saying "the Dems are sitting on their hands" when different people keep providing links showing some of their proposals to improve the ACA that gets dismissed out of hand by the other party, while they try to ram something thru without regular order, then yeah, I think you are "implying" that one party is doing nothing to change anything.

The GOP should have had their plan all ready on January 20th for CBO scoring and a robust PR plan to sell it to the American people, after 7 years of repeal outcries. But they can't even agree amongst themselves what to do. Blame is had by all, which I agree with you on, but if you are going to change the law of the land, you better damn well come prepared with a better solution right out of the gate.

The GOP, like many others, did not think Trump had a chance. But yes, after 7 years of complaining they should of had a plan.....they did not.

Like I have posted many times in the past that filing a bill and sitting back is they same as doing nothing.

I watch 3 Sunday morning news show ever opportunity I have. I have not seen one representative or senator from the left take their message to the media and attempt to get any backing and explain these bills. The only plan I have heard on the air is Medicare for All. And with the need for 60 votes in the Senate that bill will not come up for a vote for years as a 60 vote majority is not an easy thing to get.

The ACA needs a fix. Even Obama admitted that before he left office. So in order to do right for "the people" both sides have got to sit down, even if it is just those that have common middle ground, and make the ACA something that will work.

Last edited by WaiverWire; 09-21-2017 at 12:26 PM.
Old 09-21-2017, 12:29 PM

A good read about the various types of trolls regarding Medicare for All.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed...921-story.html

You can quickly tell what category Waiver's, "The only plan I have heard on the air is Medicare for All. And with the need for 60 votes in the Senate that bill will not come up for a vote for years as a 60 vote majority is not an easy thing to get." falls into.
Closed Thread