BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 08:35 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

WW - I don’t know how a human can listen to the tape of the children screaming for their parents and not be outraged and ashamed to be American tonight.

There is a special spot in hell reserved for Trump. Hopefully he gets there tonight.
Old 06-18-2018, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
WW - I don’t know how a human can listen to the tape of the children screaming for their parents and not be outraged and ashamed to be American tonight.

There is a special spot in hell reserved for Trump. Hopefully he gets there tonight.
...and by extension, all Jill Stein voters too!
Old 06-18-2018, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeykShade View Post
...and by extension, all Jill Stein voters too!
Come on - you don’t believe in hell.
Old 06-18-2018, 09:48 PM

FYI, Secretary of Homeland Security Kirstjen Nielsen was confirmed by the Senate. Below are the members of the Democratic Caucus who voted with the GOP. Old news, but she's takin' lots of well-deserved flack for her responses regarding our torture of children at the border.

Carper (D-DE)
Coons (D-DE)
Donnelly (D-IN)
Heitkamp (D-ND)
Manchin (D-WV)
McCaskill (D-MO)
Nelson (D-FL)
Reed (D-RI)
Risch (R-ID)
Tester (D-MT)
Warner (D-VA)

Last edited by ZeykShade; 06-18-2018 at 09:52 PM.
Old 06-18-2018, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Bullshit. No fucking wall.
Stop the child abuse
Lock Trump up.
That’s the bipartisan solution.
/signed
Old 06-19-2018, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post

If someone is stopped by LE and they have a warrant, and have children with them and no one to turn these children over to just where to you think they go? By law they can not stay with the parent and be housed with them, so what makes one crossing the border illegally any different? If they were to cross at a port of entry and if they were not wanted they are not separated..
I'll bite. Please tell us about the privately held detention centers you dropped kids off at as a police officer where the people in charge laughed at the kids crying. Where the kids were stuck in cages.

Let me also add children are taken BEFORE criminal charges are filed. It's a bs excuse.

Last thing, I'm reading that ted Cruz is trying to introduce legislation to prevent separations. This policy is too far for freaking ted cruz.

Last edited by BurnTHalO; 06-19-2018 at 04:16 AM.
Old 06-19-2018, 07:58 AM

Quote:

Wow, this post just took the big prize.

those on the left have been saying this is child abuse and someone should be arrested.

Lets be honest Donnie. Did you ever hear a child cry when the parent left them at school?

Did you ever hear a child cry when the parent left them with a sitter?

Did you ever hear a child cry when a parent left a child at a boarding school? How about a sleep over camp?

Were you "outraged" then Donnie? Were you "ashamed to be an American" then Donnie.

Is it sad? Yes it is, but many of these kids are being keep in safer facilities than they came from.

I asked you what would you do and as of today you have offered no one solution to this problem. Instead you just bitch and point fingers.

This one last thing Donnie. The recording of the children crying show a black screen and you hear the cries. Are you 100% certain that this recording was made in a facility? Are you 100% certain that this recording was not made in 2014 in a facility or when a child was dropped off at school, or with a sitter, or a camp?

Unlike you and a few others here I do not just blame our government for not fixing this problem. I also blame the parents that placed their children in this situation. I also blame Mexico for allowing many of these families to cross through their county unchecked as long as they continued to our border. I blame Mexico for not cracking down harder on the smugglers that assist these families by helping them get into our country illegally.

And if they were going to be allowed to stay how will they support themselves? Today we have fewer job openings than we have workers. The numbers are somewhere around .9 workers for every job. Do you just want them to go on welfare, food stamps and Medicaid? Do you just want these children to enter our schools systems, many of which are failing do to the lack of funds?

Last edited by WaiverWire; 06-19-2018 at 08:29 AM.
Old 06-19-2018, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
I'll bite. Please tell us about the privately held detention centers you dropped kids off at as a police officer where the people in charge laughed at the kids crying. Where the kids were stuck in cages.

Let me also add children are taken BEFORE criminal charges are filed. It's a bs excuse.

Last thing, I'm reading that ted Cruz is trying to introduce legislation to prevent separations. This policy is too far for freaking ted cruz.

When you are arrested in Florida you are arrested most of the time based on "probable cause". Other times it is via a warrant of a capias.

I rarely arrested on a warrant. They only time I did so was I could not find out. Then and only then would I obtain a warrant and turn it over to our Warrants Unit.

Once the arrest is made, any arrest via probable cause, warrant or capias the State Attorney has 21 days to file the charge with the courts.

So under the rules of Florida during these 21 days are you saying that we do not separate the children from those that were incarcerated and waiting for a charge to be officially filed?

Hate to break it to you but many of these kids end up in a holding facility that has secured doors, not cages, but in a locked down facility, until they can be released to a Foster Care facility or another relative.

As for the cages...……...where was your outrage when the cages were first published in our papers in 2014? Why did you not complain then? Was it because you were a President Obama supporter and now you are a Trump hater? Such bias. Does this make it right that other administrations held these children in the same manner? Nope.

What are your solutions to this problem, or are you going to following Donnie and just bitch?

I have offered a solution. The problem is not when they come to a point of entry and ask for asylum, it is when they cross our borders between the ports of entry and try to by stealthy means to enter our country.

I have said build the wall to stop the problem and hope that those needing our help will do it by legal means...….by entering through an office port of entry.

But that is just one idea. Do you have another?
Old 06-19-2018, 09:12 AM

Default Chris Hayes takes a giant shit on Trump's lies

Chris Hayes
@chrislhayes
Since the president is lying about this, I'll reiterate that we obtained internal CBP documents that show that ****91%**** of parents whose kids are taken away are being prosecuted for misdemeanor FIRST TIME entry.

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/stat...76059734790145
Old 06-19-2018, 09:20 AM

Let me answer both of your responses.

The solution is easy. The same one that the last 4 Presidents used. If you need to confine people seeking asylum, keep the family together. Instead we are locking them up separately, preventing any parental visitation and last last night it was reported that the parents have been deported and the children are being kept here.

You are comparing a child going to school that cries with what we are doing? Really? You can’t possibly be this goofy. In case you haven’t heard, the separation at a school or with a sitter is for a short period of time, not like we are currently doing. At school, we have activities and education, not making kids sit by themselves. When children cry, a person is able to pick them up and comfort them. In this situation, they are prohibited from interacting with the child. It isn’t a cage.

Blame the parents? For being poor and wanting a better opportunity for their children? You mean for the same thing your ancestors came here for (assuming your heirs are not native Americans). The difference is that we didn’t have rules to restrict Western Europeans from coming here. We only started this nonsense when the Eastern Europeans, Asians and now Hispanics started to come here. You remind me of the Floridians who moved here and now want to prevent anyone else from coming here.

We have fewer job openings than people? You need to be reading the Trump press releases. We are at full employment and are looking for workers. You know that noncitizens are ineligible for welfare, so that’s another straw issue.

Oh, the decision to underfund schools was a purposeful decision by your party to cut revenues for tax cuts and to divert funds to Christian, I mean charter schools.