BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 04:37 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-call...02db9ab82/amp/

What's he so afraid of? Trump has no loyalty to anyone except his own family and himself. Why'd he try to step in and fire another FBI Director on behalf of an associate?
Old 08-09-2017, 07:36 PM
BP Staff

If you believe Seth Abramson, contrary to the focus of reporting to date on the matter it may be logical to assume the meeting about Russian collusion that Don Jr. was in was actually set up and run by Manafort, and Don Sr. may have been conferenced into the meeting on Manafort's cell phone.
Old 08-09-2017, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
If you believe Seth Abramson, contrary to the focus of reporting to date on the matter it may be logical to assume the meeting about Russian collusion that Don Jr. was in was actually set up and run by Manafort, and Don Sr. may have been conferenced into the meeting on Manafort's cell phone.
Would not be hard to prove with cell phone records
Old 08-09-2017, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
And here it is the one word everybody loves to use. "repeal" The majority of the bills that have been placed on the floor do not repeal the ACA.
I'm so sorry to offend you by using the term that is most commonly used when describing the efforts of the R's to remove/undermine/dismantle/revoke/remove/destroy/eliminate/deep six/blow up Obamacare.

Quote:
Republicans have to come to realize they do not have full control of the government. In order to have full control you need 60 seats in the Senate if you want to have regular order. This is a good thing as it brings the country to the center.
I don't like to go personal, but I can't hold back on this. You are just fucking crazy if you think the R's being able to pass whatever they want with no agreement by anybody else brings us towards the center. That is illogical. If the R's are on the Right and the D's are to the Left, the how in the hell would having the Left not have any representation at all move things towards the center?
Old 08-09-2017, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_narrow_way View Post
I'm so sorry to offend you by using the term that is most commonly used when describing the efforts of the R's to remove/undermine/dismantle/revoke/remove/destroy/eliminate/deep six/blow up Obamacare.
Because they can not do a full repeal. In order to do a full repeal they would need 60 votes and they know they would never get that many. So they have to do what is called a "reconciliation" which is taking up the bill that past the ACA and remove things from it. Otherwise they need 60 votes.

This is the same process that Reid had to use when Scott Brown was elected to the Senate and the members went from 60 democrats and 40 republicans to 59 democrats and 41 republicans. Reid lost his super majority and thus had to rely on reconciliation in order for the ACA to pass. Otherwise it would had failed and the bill would not have passed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_narrow_way View Post
I don't like to go personal, but I can't hold back on this. You are just fucking crazy if you think the R's being able to pass whatever they want with no agreement by anybody else brings us towards the center. That is illogical. If the R's are on the Right and the D's are to the Left, the how in the hell would having the Left not have any representation at all move things towards the center?
This is not Harry Reid's Senate. You once again need 60 votes to pass a bill in the Senate. There are only 52 republicans in the Senate. Thus you need votes from the democrats in order to pass anything. If you write a conservative bill the democrats will vote no. If you bring the bill more to the center you will lose the ultra right, but at the same time you should gain the moderate democrats as a yes and the ultra left wing as a no. Thus you have moved to the center.

This is what makes the Senate so great. It is very hard for just one party to have absolute control. You have to be able to compromise in order to pass any legislation.

And with the Senate at 52 republicans, 46 democrats and 2 independents yes the republicans have a majority, but they do not have that golden number of 60 for sole majority.

Now confirmations are a different story. The rule now, as it was under Harry Reid, a simple majority for a nomination to pass.

Last edited by WaiverWire; 08-09-2017 at 09:40 PM.
Old 08-10-2017, 06:35 AM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Not if President Trump has his way...

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

Don't give up Republican Senators, the World is watching: Repeal & Replace...and go to 51 votes (nuke option), get Cross State Lines & more.
Old 08-10-2017, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutznboltz View Post
Not if President Trump has his way...

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

Don't give up Republican Senators, the World is watching: Repeal & Replace...and go to 51 votes (nuke option), get Cross State Lines & more.
Luckily he has no control over the Senate.
Old 08-10-2017, 08:04 AM
Cooper's Law

Send a message via AIM to Jester47

So is anyone else as "concerned" about this whole North Korea thing as I am????
Old 08-10-2017, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester47 View Post
So is anyone else as "concerned" about this whole North Korea thing as I am????
I hope he does launch his missiles and then we, along with Japan, knock every one out of the sky......should give him, and the world, something to think about.
Old 08-10-2017, 08:29 AM
Cooper's Law

Send a message via AIM to Jester47

Quote:
I hope he does launch his missiles and then we, along with Japan, knock every one out of the sky......should give him, and the world, something to think about.
I hope you are right sir, because if they miss even one of them there will be a new day that lives in infamy.
Closed Thread