BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 08-16-2017, 10:16 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
I think they were referring to the number of groups. California has 79, the most of any other state.

They did not break down the number of members as I am sure that those are not known.

What I find disturbing is that you chose to attack the numbers for California, when I look at this map and say 1 is far too many.

And please note BurnTHalO in my original post I said "I still do not believe it is true." But for some reason you failed to see that.
So basically, you didn't read a single thing I wrote. I literally said the EXACT same thing you just said (that stat you cited was the number of groups, not %). Further, never once did I ever accuse you of anything wrong, I simply stated that the link you posted proved the stat was wrong. I read exactly what you said, YOU did not read mine.

And give me a break with your soapbox like I think it's fine to have hate groups in CA or anywhere. You missed my point entirely, in that I would be interested to look into exposure. For example, it scares me a heck of a lot more that there is a KKK group listed there near me where population is sparse because that gives me a far more likely chance to encounter those people and have my child exposed to it (FYI, I have encountered people with those beliefs, just didn't know it was organized) than it would to see 2-3 groups in a city the size of Dallas. That is why the idea of number of groups per people in a state/area is something that would interest me. It has nothing to do with justifying the numbers in any state. But you know that, you just want to troll along.
Old 08-16-2017, 10:43 AM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutznboltz View Post
I would venture to say the vast majority who voted for him, are simply hard working, poor-lower middle class-middle class voters, who feel they were being left behind in the economic recovery. Who felt that Congress had abdicated their jobs via a gridlock policy, and was looking for a fresh face from the outside who could shake things up. They were conned and duped thinking Donald Trump was that outsider.
Then they ignored decades of Trump's history and willfully held their noses and drank the Kool-Aid that Fox and their ilk were peddling. They're stupid, not the victims of a scam.

Quote:
That rally should had never been permitted by the city.
And when they denied the rally they would have been raked over the coals for denying them their 1st Amendment rights. You know it.

Quote:
I posted that as an informational piece......nothing more.
An informational piece with an incorrect headline. Thanks.
Old 08-16-2017, 10:47 AM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

Quote:

That rally should had never been permitted by the city. And once they issued it they knew what a likely outcome was going to be. The city, county and state did not do their homework and were not prepared.
You are questioning the city of Charlottesville issuing a permit in the first place. But the Grand Wizard in Chief used that yesterday as a counterpoint why it was perfectly acceptable for them to be there in the first place.

The president also said 'I do think there's blame on both sides' and that there were 'very fine people' in the white nationalist crowd who had 'a permit' to protest against the removal of a statue of Robert E Lee.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-comments.html
Old 08-16-2017, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
So basically, you didn't read a single thing I wrote. I literally said the EXACT same thing you just said (that stat you cited was the number of groups, not %). Further, never once did I ever accuse you of anything wrong, I simply stated that the link you posted proved the stat was wrong. I read exactly what you said, YOU did not read mine.

And give me a break with your soapbox like I think it's fine to have hate groups in CA or anywhere. You missed my point entirely, in that I would be interested to look into exposure. For example, it scares me a heck of a lot more that there is a KKK group listed there near me where population is sparse because that gives me a far more likely chance to encounter those people and have my child exposed to it (FYI, I have encountered people with those beliefs, just didn't know it was organized) than it would to see 2-3 groups in a city the size of Dallas. That is why the idea of number of groups per people in a state/area is something that would interest me. It has nothing to do with justifying the numbers in any state. But you know that, you just want to troll along.
HAHAHAHAHA I posted it for all to look at and see what was near where they live.
Old 08-16-2017, 10:48 AM
Cooper's Law

"BLM Sniper" - you mean the murderer who was rejected by BLM because he was found to be too extreme and non-peaceful? Nope, that wouldn't fit your narrative. He was radicalized, trained and armed by the BLM Movement in your mind then carried out a BLM Sanctioned attack on Police in Dallas.

Fuck off you twat.

Your version of events in C'Ville is intentionally wrong. Peaceful counter protesters met the hate of White Supremacists and Nazis the NIGHT before Antifa showed up. They were intimidated and beaten by thugs carrying torches and chanting "Jews will not replace us" and "Blood and Soil" among other hateful things. This is when Antifa mobilized to join the counter protest the next day.

Watch Vice's coverage of it. There were two sides to the encounter in C'Ville.

Side 1: Nazis and White Supremacists
Side 2: Americans

If you don't like that Violent Nazis and White Supremacists, who had just beaten and intimidated peaceful counter protesters, were met with opposition the next day, too bad. I honestly don't agree with Antifa's tactics, but I can't deny that opposing Fascism is a bad thing. My grandfather and grand-uncle opposed fascism for real. Was good then, it's good now.

Heather Heyer was not part of Antifa. She was murdered for exercising a constitutionally protected right, by a fascist.
Old 08-16-2017, 10:50 AM

Quote:
You are questioning the city of Charlottesville issuing a permit in the first place. But the Grand Wizard in Chief used that yesterday as a counterpoint why it was perfectly acceptable for them to be there in the first place.

The president also said 'I do think there's blame on both sides' and that there were 'very fine people' in the white nationalist crowd who had 'a permit' to protest against the removal of a statue of Robert E Lee.

If a group brings violence a city, country or state does not have to grant a permit. It is just that simple.

U of F today refused to grant access to their campus. They did the right thing.
Old 08-16-2017, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeykShade View Post
"BLM Sniper" - you mean the murderer who was rejected by BLM because he was found to be too extreme and non-peaceful? Nope, that wouldn't fit your narrative. He was radicalized, trained and armed by the BLM Movement in your mind then carried out a BLM Sanctioned attack on Police in Dallas.

Fuck off you twat.

Your version of events in C'Ville is intentionally wrong. Peaceful counter protesters met the hate of White Supremacists and Nazis the NIGHT before Antifa showed up. They were intimidated and beaten by thugs carrying torches and chanting "Jews will not replace us" and "Blood and Soil" among other hateful things. This is when Antifa mobilized to join the counter protest the next day.

Watch Vice's coverage of it. There were two sides to the encounter in C'Ville.

Side 1: Nazis and White Supremacists
Side 2: Americans

If you don't like that Violent Nazis and White Supremacists, who had just beaten and intimidated peaceful counter protesters, were met with opposition the next day, too bad. I honestly don't agree with Antifa's tactics, but I can't deny that opposing Fascism is a bad thing. My grandfather and grand-uncle opposed fascism for real. Was good then, it's good now.

Heather Heyer was not part of Antifa. She was murdered for exercising a constitutionally protected right, by a fascist.
So your claim is that one side did nothing wrong?
Old 08-16-2017, 10:53 AM

Quote:

Yup he said all that. But why would a city ever issue a permit for a group that causes nothing but trouble.

And if the other group had not shown up they would had gone home with no media coverage.
Old 08-16-2017, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flycoon View Post
I don't recall ANYONE suggesting IT be jailed. Just disqualified from consideration by rational voters. IT is a pig.
from 10/9/2016.............you can start there and it goes on from there for several days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
I watched the video of it... my God, Trump's going to try to turn this debate into an absolute circus. An absolute circus. And all Hillary has to say is, "If you wanted to run against my husband, you could have done so in 1996. I am my own woman." And the rest of the ugliness he'll have to own himself. Reprosecuting the Clinton impeachment, which was a political loser for the GOP the first time around, isn't the gateway to winning for Trump. It's pulling the drain plug.

And for the record, no normal person talks the way Trump did on that tape. "Just grab them by the...?" No. As noted, Trump saying he's entitled to do those things to women without consent because of their fame. It's true guys say, "I'd like to...do x, y, and z" a lot of times about women when in impolite company, but even the sleeziest guys I've ever been around have never assumed it was their right to just walk right up to a woman and grab them. Never. Because, you go to jail for that kind of thing.
Old 08-16-2017, 11:07 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeykShade View Post
Thank you, I had NO idea what he was talking about.

Speaking of denying permits & such, UF finally told Spencer to fuck off, good on them. UF denies white nationalist Richard Spencer's request to speak on campus. His group plans to sue.