BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 09-27-2016, 08:02 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Easy on the sexist epithets. You're better than that.
I should be but I have hated that woman since the first time I
her on Bill Mahers show many years ago. She is in Ralph Reed/Ann Coulter territory for me.
Old 09-27-2016, 08:05 AM

Trump leading 80/20 in the Drudge poll. Haha.
Old 09-27-2016, 08:24 AM

And Conway is now saying that Trump does not believe Climate Change is man-made, though not saying it is a hoax perpetuated by the Chinese (which of course Trump says he never stated, apparently forgetting that things don't just magically disappear from the internet). This stance of course goes against what his VP says.
Old 09-27-2016, 08:40 AM
Dan Ellis' Money Problems

I went into this debate extremely turned off by both candidates and the political process in general, but wanted to tune in to see how each would fare under the bright lights. Clinton came off as poised and confident, didn't get dragged into the mud or appear shaken by anything Trump came up with. Trump appeared unprepared, everything was about "I" and "me" and "my businesses", with no substance or definitive response on what proposed policies of his would help improve things. I don't think I saw Clinton take a sip of water, while Trump did constantly.

That comment about "being smart" by not paying any taxes might be the smoking gun in the long run. He keeps hammering how the middle class is suffering while jobs are being offshored, yet brags how he doesn't pay any taxes while the middle class works 2-3 jobs to make ends meet? Not a good look for him.

Trump's chance in future debates is to keep poking at the email controversy, while Clinton has much more fodder to work with. I thought Lester Holt did a good job in trying to rein in the candidates when they went off topic or over time in their comments. She appeared much more knowledgeable and ready to be President. Remains to be seen for me whether I could bring myself to vote for her, but I don't see myself ever being swayed to vote for Trump.
Old 09-27-2016, 08:50 AM

Best tweet of the night. I'm paraphrasing- NAFTA the worst trade agreement? Not even close. We traded Ben Bishop for Cory Conacher.
Old 09-27-2016, 09:35 AM

For those interested in a complete fact check breakdown, pretty interesting.

http://www.npr.org/2016/09/26/495115...dential-debate

Just the craziness of the lies. I mean, why would Trump state he has a live fact checker when he does not? Clinton has been fighting ISIS her entire adult life? There is no possible way you can get upset at Clinton for being a liar and then vote Trump.
Old 09-27-2016, 09:49 AM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
“If I were Donald Trump I wouldn’t participate in another debate unless I was promised that the journalist would act like a journalist and not an incorrect, ignorant fact checker,Giuliani said. “The moderator would have to promise that there would be a moderator and not a fact checker and in two particular cases an enormously ignorant, completely misinformed fact checker.”
Holt treated Trump with kid gloves. He could have slammed him repeatedly for interrupting and saying things that have already been decidedly discussed and fact-checked before-hand and found to be false. Giuliani needs to go find something to do at the 9/11 Memorial and bask in his former glory instead of running his drooly mouth and making himself sound even dumber than before.
Old 09-27-2016, 10:42 AM
Cooper's Law

Early on, Trump was handling her imo. Landed the best shots. Then it got to the Urban Minorities and Criminal Justice portion and he basically lost the plot entirely. She tuned him up from then on.

For him to win, he has to drive home the Establishment vs. Renegade, status quo vs. change thing. I don't think he can, but there are some seriously mad and stupid people in this country.

If she doesn't get a decent bump from this or he doesn't drop, I don't know what to do. That's terrifying. This is basically the only time that Hillary looks human and you feel sympathetic for her. When she's fighting off a right wing fascist bully who has seriously zero grasp on reality. Don't know how she can manufacture that kind of setting going forward, but it works for her.

Just give you an indication of how little Trump knows. In the debate he stomped on Obama and Clinton for moving troops out of Iraq. The Status of Forces Agreement was set by Bush and the Iraqi Interim Government. Obama sought to remain, but was told no. We told the Interim Government to go easy on the Sunnis, they did not. They, with the help of Iran, put the screws to the Sunnis with any number of discriminatory practices.

Trump would have us ignore the Status of Forces Agreement and ignore the elected government of Iraq that we just help establish. Injecting ourselves into a Sunni-Shia conflict with both sides against us. That's laughable and dangerous. I'll bet you every nickel I have that he couldn't explain the difference between Sunni and Shiites and why it matters. Simply not the guy to navigate any foreign policy anywhere.
Old 09-27-2016, 11:11 AM
Cooper's Law

You mean the same guy who says we should have stolen the natural resources of a country we invaded? Waterboard terror suspects? Kill women and children who are related to them? Hides his money overseas and claims to be in favor of closing tax loopholes?
Old 09-27-2016, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed View Post
You mean the same guy who says we should have stolen the natural resources of a country we invaded? Waterboard terror suspects? Kill women and children who are related to them? Hides his money overseas and claims to be in favor of closing tax loopholes?
Yes - the Christian candidate.