BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 08-12-2018, 12:04 PM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

I would just say the direction of the GOP is pretty clear ever since Trump beat out the crowd in 2016. Moderates have been cast aside and the wagons have circled to the point where basically all the Republican primary campaign ads in Florida that I've seen are all about who is the biggest Trump lover because they are so desperately afraid of not being perceived as one by the base. There doesn't seem to be any push back left. It's going to be hard to reverse the perception of racism when the embrace is that tight.

Last edited by Hoek; 08-12-2018 at 12:09 PM.
Old 08-12-2018, 12:41 PM
BP Staff

Note how all this started: all I did was post poll data indicating how narrow Trump’s base is (buttressing what I said several weeks ago about how politically weak I think Trump actually is). Didn’t say a word about racism. Didn’t say a word about anything. I just posted the poll data.

Quote:
The Waiver doth protest too much, methinks.
Hamlet, Act III, Scene 2
Old 08-12-2018, 01:57 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Note how all this started: all I did was post poll data indicating how narrow Trump’s base is (buttressing what I said several weeks ago about how politically weak I think Trump actually is). Didn’t say a word about racism. Didn’t say a word about anything. I just posted the poll data.

Hamlet, Act III, Scene 2
Was Mueller, "from his mother's womb, Untimely ripped"?
The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense! - Brian Cox
Old 08-12-2018, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
WW - that’s about as goofy as anything you have ever posted.

Donald Trump is a fucking racist. He was charged by HUD engaging in racial discrimination. He was fined by the state of New Jersey for discrimination. He has pandered to racists throughout his campaign. When talking about Nazis, he said there were good people on both sides. Now, perhaps there is a tape.

The GOP selected an open racist to be the leader of their party.

There is no common ground with racism. It needs to be exposed and crushed and I have no desire to sit down and try and find common ground with a white supremacist as you suggest.
Really? Go back and see how many times those here have insinuated that if you vote republican you are a racist. Go back in look how one insinuates that the GOP want to cut back on education as they want poor nondedicated white men in order to further the cause of the GOP.

Just because someone did not want to vote for Hillary R Clinton you call them a racist. It doesn't matter that maybe that person felt as strong about her as you did about Trump. Many just can not except that fact. Why is this? Because people like pete and his followers want everyone to do as they do.

I also would not give a white supremacist a second of my time, just like I would not give anyone a second of my time who treats anyone with disrespect.

And here we have pete taking credit ono how this all started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete

Hamlet, Act III, Scene 2

nothing could be further from the truth. But this was posted by pete who hardly ever posts something that is 100% fact. Take a look at some of the other posts pete. Maybe you will see that the response was to these posts.

Last edited by WaiverWire; 08-12-2018 at 02:57 PM.
Old 08-12-2018, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
I would just say the direction of the GOP is pretty clear ever since Trump beat out the crowd in 2016. Moderates have been cast aside and the wagons have circled to the point where basically all the Republican primary campaign ads in Florida that I've seen are all about who is the biggest Trump lover because they are so desperately afraid of not being perceived as one by the base. There doesn't seem to be any push back left. It's going to be hard to reverse the perception of racism when the embrace is that tight.
Kind of shortsighted Hoek. Trump won the nomination in 2016 not because those that voted for him thought he was greatest thing since slice bread. Clearly he is not, and not even close. People voted for him because he took those he was running against and played the role that he would change Washington while pointing out that his opponents were all tied to Washington.

The Florida ads are all trying to get the voters to think that those running for office are outsiders, just like Trump. Look no further than Adam Putnam. He is the worst kind on person we could have for governor.

Now many here will claim this as I am voting for DeSantis. Sorry to pop your balloon, but I will wait to see who the democrat is running for governor is before make up my mind. And if need be, I will for the first time not cast a vote for governor, just like I did not for President.
Old 08-12-2018, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed View Post
What an amazing victim complex you’ve built for yourself, Waiver. It sure appears to be impenetrable. I see how helpful it is to lash out at the nameless “everyone here” for making assumptions about who you vote/voted for. But isn’t it interesting how you turn right around and assume “everyone here” is voting straight Dem.

So, assumptions are fine when you make them and when you build your fantastic fortress of victimhood, but when you think that others are making assumptions about you? Well, that’s just awful! How dare they! That’s the whole reason why you’re gonna vote for Trump! Just to own the Libs!!

You’re the very definition of a troll.
Diminishing white privilege feels like persecution to those who feel victimized. Movement to equality sucks!
Old 08-12-2018, 04:18 PM
BP Staff

Quote:
Was Mueller, "from his mother's womb, Untimely ripped"?
No, but I do believe there's a usurper in the White House.
Old 08-12-2018, 04:30 PM
BP Staff

OK, Waiver, to what do you ascribe the narrowness of Trump's base? Why is Trump only polling well among whites without college educations?

Do explain.

This ought to be amusing.
Old 08-12-2018, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Really? Go back and see how many times those here have insinuated that if you vote republican you are a racist.
I’m not insinuating, I’m saying that Donald Trump is a racist. The GOP selected a racist as the leader of their party. Despite all he has done, Republican house and senators refuse to stand up to him. Republicans continue to support this racist. What other conclusion can you come up with other than the rank and file GOP is willing to accept and back a racist?

I would vote republican in a heart beat if Trump had been the nominee of the democrats. I wouldn’t have sat out, wouldn’t have voted Green, I would have done everything in my power to keep this subhuman out of the Oval Office. Many republicans, like you, didn’t.

Quote:
I also would not give a white supremacist a second of my time.
Yet you keep backing and supporting Trump

Last edited by Donnie D; 08-12-2018 at 04:59 PM.
Old 08-12-2018, 05:19 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
OK, Waiver, to what do you ascribe the narrowness of Trump's base? Why is Trump only polling well among whites without college educations?

Do explain.

This ought to be amusing.
(Nice cut to the chase)...crickets...........oh wait, it must be because there is “too much government”