BoltProspects Community Forums  

Go Back   BoltProspects Community Forums > Miscellaneous > The Room

Old 08-11-2018, 02:21 PM
The Bulin Wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnTHalO View Post
Oh I dont disagree with that. But there are some epediomomogical studies that show some correlations. Again. Far from scientific fact, but there are some peer reviewed articles showing a possible link at high doses. I honestly dont disagree that this is probably overturned based on evidence either, but there are some studies that link them (I mean heck, the main scientist for monsato spent most of her time attacking those studies).
Correlation is not causation. Also you can say what you just said about nearly every chemical or food. Glad though that we are close enough in agreement regarding the science....
Old 08-11-2018, 02:24 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire View Post
So am I correct to say that you feel all non college white men are stupid and are unable to do anything thing?

<STRAWMAN>Once again you, pete and Zyke just lump everyone into one category to fit your blatant dislike for one segment of our society. It is with attitudes like this that no one can get along unless with think you. You see, I know many people, of all genders and all races, that did not have the opportunity to attend college and I bet many are smarter than you 3.</STRAWMAN>

<IRONY>But no, you look down upon those that did not have the same opportunities as you.</IRONY>

This site is turning into a real joke.
As for the last sentence, I believe Laura Ingraham applies here. "If you don't love it, leave it."
The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense! - Brian Cox
Old 08-11-2018, 02:30 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhebner View Post
Correlation is not causation. Also you can say what you just said about nearly every chemical or food. Glad though that we are close enough in agreement regarding the science....
My main problem with Bayer/Monsanto and most of the big agri-business conglomerates has nothing to do with science and more to do with how they destroy human lives. Human beings being destroyed is just collateral damage in a capitalist society.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/the-se...arming/5329947
The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense! - Brian Cox
Old 08-11-2018, 05:21 PM
Curtis McElhinney's Game Worn Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeykShade View Post
As for the last sentence, I believe Laura Ingraham applies here. "If you don't love it, leave it."
Or, “I don’t like how brown this country is becoming. Our country is being taken away from ‘us’. Shut up and just dribble”
Old 08-11-2018, 06:11 PM
Cooper's Law

Quote:
So am I correct to say that you feel all non college white men are stupid and are unable to do anything thing?

Once again you, pete and Zyke just lump everyone into one category to fit your blatant dislike for one segment of our society. It is with attitudes like this that no one can get along unless with think you.

You see, I know many people, of all genders and all races, that did not have the opportunity to attend college and I bet many are smarter than you 3.

But no, you look down upon those that did not have the same opportunities as you.

This site is turning into a real joke.
In other words ... “I don’t want to debate government with you, so I’ll fake some outrage to get out of an argument I’m to (sic) dumb to win. Bye bye for another month.”
Old 08-12-2018, 09:55 AM
Steven Stamkos' One Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead View Post
I am certainly NOT contending that non college white guys are inferior in intellect. You completely missed the point with your "too much government" assertion. . And a response is not worth the effort.
oh please. Look at what these posters are posting. The GOP is racist. They are not educated. They are non college white men.

Not one will tell the truth. Not one will post that the left have people that are racist. Not one will post that the left have people that are not educated and not one will post that they have none college white males in their ranks.

All they post is knocking one side of the spectrum......the right. Instead of trying to find common ground they just sit back and blast away.

Makes one to do the exact opposite of what most here will do...…….vote straight republican. At least I can admit that I will and have looked at every candidate and their qualifications and then vote for the best person no matter what the party affiliation is. Not many here can say that which says aa lot about who they are.
Old 08-12-2018, 10:32 AM

WW - that’s about as goofy as anything you have ever posted.

Donald Trump is a fucking racist. He was charged by HUD engaging in racial discrimination. He was fined by the state of New Jersey for discrimination. He has pandered to racists throughout his campaign. When talking about Nazis, he said there were good people on both sides. Now, perhaps there is a tape.

The GOP selected an open racist to be the leader of their party.

There is no common ground with racism. It needs to be exposed and crushed and I have no desire to sit down and try and find common ground with a white supremacist as you suggest.
“Trump is ignorant of government, of history, of science, of philosophy, of art, incapable of expressing or recognizing subtlety or nuance, destitute of all decency, and wielding a vocabulary of seventy-seven words that is better called Jerkish than English.” Philip Roth

Last edited by Donnie D; 08-12-2018 at 10:39 AM.
Old 08-12-2018, 11:05 AM
Cooper's Law

What an amazing victim complex you’ve built for yourself, Waiver. It sure appears to be impenetrable. I see how helpful it is to lash out at the nameless “everyone here” for making assumptions about who you vote/voted for. But isn’t it interesting how you turn right around and assume “everyone here” is voting straight Dem.

So, assumptions are fine when you make them and when you build your fantastic fortress of victimhood, but when you think that others are making assumptions about you? Well, that’s just awful! How dare they! That’s the whole reason why you’re gonna vote for Trump! Just to own the Libs!!

You’re the very definition of a troll.
Old 08-12-2018, 11:22 AM
The Chief's Canadian Ginger Ale

Quote:
oh please. Look at what these posters are posting. The GOP is racist. They are not educated. They are non college white men.

Not one will tell the truth. Not one will post that the left have people that are racist. Not one will post that the left have people that are not educated and not one will post that they have none college white males in their ranks.

All they post is knocking one side of the spectrum......the right. Instead of trying to find common ground they just sit back and blast away.

Makes one to do the exact opposite of what most here will do...…….vote straight republican. At least I can admit that I will and have looked at every candidate and their qualifications and then vote for the best person no matter what the party affiliation is. Not many here can say that which says aa lot about who they are.
Get down off your cross, WW, we need the wood for the fire.

Seriously, for a guy who will find almost any reason to carry water for people saying either blatantly or thinly veiled racist language, you sure seem to get all twisted up when people call you on it.

If calling Trump and his ilk racists will get people you identify with to vote a straight Republican ticket, well, guess what muchacho, those people are either a) racists themselves, or b) so triggered by the libs that they will easily vote for a wanna be tinpot dictator and his enablers. Either outcome should submit them to pointed criticism and derision by their fellow citizens who retain the ability to discern right from wrong.

People are telling the truth. They are telling the truth to you. But when the truth goes against your predetermined narrative, you move goal posts, clutch your pearls and whine. This does not reflect well on your ability to approach life with an open mind, which is something you allude to constantly on this site (as well as your latest, quoted above), while providing no evidence in any debate you've ever had on this board which would indicate that you actually have one.

Yeah, you are correct, the left has racists. The difference is that the most powerful people on the Democratic side of the aisle don't foster, support, or foment it. They haven't run a racist for President since the Jim Crow era. And before you even crank up your whine, Black Lives Matter is not a racist organization. From everything I've experienced, organizations and policies that the Right calls racist (BLM, Affirmative Action, etc) are trying to correct prior systemic inequities by giving certain races an ability to overcome those same systemic inequities. That doesn't mean they are anti-white. My guess is that is what you are referring to, but with unlinked blanket statements, I'm left to conjecture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D View Post
WW - that’s about as goofy as anything you have ever posted.

Donald Trump is a fucking racist. He was charged by HUD engaging in racial discrimination. He was fined by the state of New Jersey for discrimination. He has pandered to racists throughout his campaign. When talking about Nazis, he said there were good people on both sides. Now, perhaps there is a tape.

The GOP selected an open racist to be the leader of their party.

There is no common ground with racism. It needs to be exposed and crushed and I have no desire to sit down and try and find common ground with a white supremacist as you suggest.
This.
Old 08-12-2018, 11:48 AM

This is a typical WW thread.

He completely misunderstands what is posted. He told by numerous people that he misunderstood what was posted. Instead of going back to reread what was said and give a “sorry, I didn’t understand what you said” he doubles down on his inaccurate interpretation of the existing post with some blathering nonsense trying to defend his party’s recent record on racism.

Sorry, WW, but this one is too easy. No one stated that all GOP members were ignorant (there’s still time to go back and re-read what was actually said), but it’s pretty clear that once GOP supporter isn’t playing with a full deck.

I let you ponder who that might be.
“Trump is ignorant of government, of history, of science, of philosophy, of art, incapable of expressing or recognizing subtlety or nuance, destitute of all decency, and wielding a vocabulary of seventy-seven words that is better called Jerkish than English.” Philip Roth